The Student Room Group

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2/5

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kenan and Kel
That's cause Wlad be like

Anyway, Floyd does give the perception of being boring cause he fights on the back foot and usually makes the fight very easy for himself. Up to Manny to force him to engage.

Why is Floyd doing some WWE **** tonight? He really needs to pick up those kids of his from school.
Original post by IceyFish
http://youtu.be/iA24sDTpMuA

"He can't take his kids to school by himself" :rofl:

Mike is brain damaged.
Tbf he has got a point. Greats are widely adored, if someone is going to run up and punch you instead of asking for a photo/autograph, thats not a good sign. I guess its hard when you're still active but its possible.
Original post by The Assassin
PLEASE ****ING HAPPEN. Please make this boxing bout come about

dbi

teampacman
There are plenty of ****ed up people, anomalies around. Kell Brook is a no-name and he got stabbed. Floyd's own dad got shot. Floyd has never (openly) wanted goodwill to him, like Ali and Pacquiao receive. When you're a billion dollar business like Floyd is, you take no risks, especially when you've made a career off winning and being a ****.
Why is Floyd doing some WWE **** tonight? He really needs to pick up those kids of his from school.

Floyd is a small scared man.

Anyway, guy looks in the best condition he's ever been in. Jokes if he weighs in at like 150lbs tonight.
Anyway, guy looks in the best condition he's ever been in.

The only thing he values more than his legacy is his money. He'll give us a masterclass for the ages.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly

Lols at $50m back then. Guy is making $5m a minute on Saturday. :frown:

Anyway, no one will ever convince me otherwise that Floyd wanted no part of the Manny that destroyed Cotto and then destroyed my boy Margarito.
Lols at $50m back then. Guy is making $5m a minute on Saturday. :frown:

Anyway, no one will ever convince me otherwise that Floyd wanted no part of the Manny that destroyed Cotto and then destroyed my boy Margarito.

R u mad or disappointed brah
R u mad or disappointed brah

I just want that 0 to go. If Manny can't do it, it'll be up to Khan in September. But he's too busy doing **** like this on his wife's YouTube channel...

FFS KING KHAN sort it out son. Algieri gonna make him look bad.
I just want that 0 to go. If Manny can't do it, it'll be up to Khan in September. But he's too busy doing **** like this on his wife's YouTube channel...

FFS KING KHAN sort it out son. Algieri gonna make him look bad.

Are you Pacquistani? No-one else would call him King Khan lol. Tbh if that was my wife I'd be doing the same ****.

The 0 will stay, and he'll make it 50-0, and go down as a top 10. And the only ones who deny it will be the other hall of famers who hate him for the lack of respect he shows
Are you Pacquistani? No-one else would call him King Khan lol. Tbh if that was my wife I'd be doing the same ****.

The 0 will stay, and he'll make it 50-0, and go down as a top 10. And the only ones who deny it will be the other hall of famers who hate him for the lack of respect he shows

Nah lol but Khan just makes me laugh, can't help but get behind him when he fights, even if he is a bit delusional.

The only ones who deny it will be hall of famers? Don't think so. Many unbiased boxing fans still wouldn't consider him top ten even if he goes 50-0. I regard Pacquiao as greater than Floyd. Sure, Floyd's undefeated. But when Manny started as a professional, he had to put weights just to make the minimum weight in the lowest weight division. And he won world titles in eight divisons all the way up to junior middleweight. Could have been a ten division world champ if he didn't skip two weight classes when he was young. That is more impressive than Floyd's unbeaten run. Every 'great' win on Floyd's record can be criticised. He has no win on his record as impressive as Manny's first win over Barrera.
Nah lol but Khan just makes me laugh, can't help but get behind him when he fights, even if he is a bit delusional.

The only ones who deny it will be hall of famers? Don't think so. Many unbiased boxing fans still wouldn't consider him top ten even if he goes 50-0. I regard Pacquiao as greater than Floyd. Sure, Floyd's undefeated. But when Manny started as a professional, he had to put weights just to make the minimum weight in the lowest weight division. And he won world titles in eight divisons all the way up to junior middleweight. Could have been a ten division world champ if he didn't skip two weight classes when he was young. That is more impressive than Floyd's unbeaten run. Every 'great' win on Floyd's record can be criticised. He has no win on his record as impressive as Manny's first win over Barrera.

A bit? He's a **** irl too

Honestly I'll say that without looking it up, I can't tell you if there's anything that 'weakens' Manny's win over Barrera and allows criticism in the same way. Manny's story is great, but that 0 is too much. And say what you like about 'criticism, but he's fought near enough every fighter that's worthy in recent years.

When Floyd beats Manny tomorrow, is Manny still above?
The best champions clean out their division, yet Floyd has very very rarely faced another titlist in his own division. How can you be the best if you don't face the other top fighters around? It goes right back to his days at 130 when was fighting the likes of Jukko and Augustus when Freitas, Casamayor and Forbes all held titles. He turned down Casamayor to fight Sosa instead. Turned down a then career high payday against Margarito (twice) and instead fought Sharmba Mitchell for half the money. And so it goes on. Taking on Gatti and Bruselles at 140 when Tszyu was clearly #1 in the division. That's before you get to everyone he ducked at 147/154... he'd never have gone near someone like Paul Williams or Martinez. He wouldn't go near Mosley until Shane was 39. You could even mention Winky Wright whom Floyd called out and then promptly disappeared for 6 months when Winky showed up the next day to accept the challenge.

There's no problem with his style, he's very good at what he does and gets the job done in his own fashion. Yeah, he's not very likeable outside the ring, that has no bearing on his ring prowess. Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson had less than squeaky clean private lives too and no one disputes their ring greatness. It's the careful matchmaking and the absence of a lot of big names on his record that I take issue with.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's finally happening people!!

IMO the only way Pac can win is by knock out. We've seen some awful decisions in the last few years and you have to feel if it's close, the judges will instinctively side with Mayweather because of his streak. Having said that, floyd is one of the best defensive fighters I've seen so as much as I'm rooting for manny I do feel the cards are stacked against him.
A bit? He's a **** irl too

So I've heard. I have a love-hate relationship with Khan.

Honestly I'll say that without looking it up, I can't tell you if there's anything that 'weakens' Manny's win over Barrera and allows criticism in the same way. Manny's story is great, but that 0 is too much. And say what you like about 'criticism, but he's fought near enough every fighter that's worthy in recent years.

He has, but the most worthy were always past their prime. Oscar, Mosley, Cotto, Manny...

When Floyd beats Manny tomorrow, is Manny still above?

Probably not. It'll be tough for me to decide, but the overwhelming majority would rank Floyd as higher if he beats Manny, which will be a shame.
http://youtu.be/iA24sDTpMuA

"He can't take his kids to school by himself" :rofl:

At what point did Mike Tyson start looking like Evander Holyfield?!
TBH Floyd's 0 and the way he glamourises it is ruining boxing. Now young boxers see that 0 as being the be all and end all to their career and are unwilling to take on the best. It's a ****ing cancer.
these guys are so oooollld!

so depressing that they are still boxings best offerrings

Quick Reply

Latest