The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
Yep every single penny of our ESA has been suspended

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: That really sucks. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Original post by kiss_me_now9
My stomach is ****ing killing me and all I want to do is go home and curl up in a ball but there's only me and two other girls in, no managers and just the three of us out of a team of 12, I ****ing hate IBS so much :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Hope you feel better soon too. :console:
Original post by superwolf
:frown: That really sucks. Hope you get it sorted soon.

:hugs: Hope you feel better soon too. :console:

Hopefully! Waiting on a call back

Posted from TSR Mobile
urgh cant do this :frown:
Original post by ScaryScience
urgh cant do this :frown:

:hugs: What's up Scary?
So I met my new psychiatrist. Mixed feelings.

He said he was concerned about me (and I'm doing ok). God knows how he'll react when he says me on my ill days. Really don't want to go back to hospital.
ended up having a good day today... Got asked a lot about yesterday and although that isn't a really bad thing because it means that they've been told about it, its still reminded me of it...

Spoiler

turns out the best way to get the DWP to do things is to yell at them till you throw up :tongue:
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
turns out the best way to get the DWP to do things is to yell at them till you throw up :tongue:

My mother works there, can confirm they're terrible incompetent people. Sorry they're messing you about.
Original post by Valvopus
My mother works there, can confirm they're terrible incompetent people. Sorry they're messing you about.

ah, to be fair I can't really blame the people who work there, they just have to follow the stupidest rules imaginable! they've given us no end of grief since my girlfriend got a part time job :s-smilie: you'd think they'd be happy that one of us can work but seems not!
Original post by Valvopus

They didnt seem to care that our ESA had been suspended leaving us wit no money for food or bills because they want my payslip which i dont even have because i dont get paid until atleast the 28th May!

Posted from TSR Mobile
:grouphugs: for all

Original post by Noodlzzz
So I met my new psychiatrist. Mixed feelings.

He said he was concerned about me (and I'm doing ok). God knows how he'll react when he says me on my ill days. Really don't want to go back to hospital.

That's kinda good though, coz hopefully it means he will be an attentive doc :smile:
Just got a letter from SFE/DSA saying that they've agreed a mentor for me because of my additional MH diagnoses, but idk what mentors do lol...does anyone here have one (or had one)?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
ah, to be fair I can't really blame the people who work there, they just have to follow the stupidest rules imaginable! they've given us no end of grief since my girlfriend got a part time job :s-smilie: you'd think they'd be happy that one of us can work but seems not!

Original post by PandaWho
They didnt seem to care that our ESA had been suspended leaving us wit no money for food or bills because they want my payslip which i dont even have because i dont get paid until atleast the 28th May!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a limit to blindly following stupid rules when that clearly isn't the thing to do. Probably doesn't help that it's a bank holiday weekend coming up either.
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: What's up Scary?

pretty much everything. first exam is a week today. I have done NO revision and don't even seem to care. my parents are coming back from an 8 week holiday on sunday morning and im dreading it. my house is an absolute pigsty - a health hazard. i'd tried to start cleaning but after less than five minutes I end up in tears and I just cant do life or anything and I just want to get off the world because it is too much. I am actually laughing at myself for being so naïve to look forward to this time, thinking I would get a little relief. instead it has been a ****ing nightmare.
Original post by Pathway
Just got a letter from SFE/DSA saying that they've agreed a mentor for me because of my additional MH diagnoses, but idk what mentors do lol...does anyone here have one (or had one)?

I think it entirely depends on who you can - could be as useless as a chocolate fireguard or could be great. The first two I had were utterly, pitifully pathetic and crap, to put it bluntly. I got rid, especially the second one, asap. My mentor now is actually a mental health advisor but agreed to see me roughly every two weeks. She is great and is about the only thing that keeps me alive sometimes. I think strictly speaking its about trying to mitigate the effects your MH has on studies, and about trying to come up with ways to keep up with work. I couldn't really get on with such a cold, robotic approach that the other two had but that's just me. My one now gives emotional support when needed as well as practical support which is ideal. sorry for such an essay. basically, it depends on who you get and what you are looking for, but they have the potential to make a difference.
Original post by Pathway

I have a mentor and had one during my Masters too (undergrad place never even told me about DSA, effing jokers that they were :nothing: ). They're someone to check in with regularly and who can liaise between you and the disability department, or you and your academic department. Or even you and your hospital, depending on how proactive they feel. The mentor I had during my Masters, R, felt so indignant about the way my then-psychiatrist was ignoring my calls, that she actually rang up his secretary herself and had a huge go at her :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

pretty much everything. first exam is a week today. I have done NO revision and don't even seem to care. my parents are coming back from an 8 week holiday on sunday morning and im dreading it. my house is an absolute pigsty - a health hazard. i'd tried to start cleaning but after less than five minutes I end up in tears and I just cant do life or anything and I just want to get off the world because it is too much. I am actually laughing at myself for being so naïve to look forward to this time, thinking I would get a little relief. instead it has been a ****ing nightmare.

:frown: :jumphug: :console:
Original post by Pathway

I asked for one but it wasn't granted :frown:
I think it entirely depends on who you can - could be as useless as a chocolate fireguard or could be great. The first two I had were utterly, pitifully pathetic and crap, to put it bluntly. I got rid, especially the second one, asap. My mentor now is actually a mental health advisor but agreed to see me roughly every two weeks. She is great and is about the only thing that keeps me alive sometimes. I think strictly speaking its about trying to mitigate the effects your MH has on studies, and about trying to come up with ways to keep up with work. I couldn't really get on with such a cold, robotic approach that the other two had but that's just me. My one now gives emotional support when needed as well as practical support which is ideal. sorry for such an essay. basically, it depends on who you get and what you are looking for, but they have the potential to make a difference.

Sorry the previous two were so useless. :frown: :hugs: Glad your current one is good though, I hope mine is too...Just nervous about meeting them and being rejected or something. :s-smilie:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I have a mentor and had one during my Masters too (undergrad place never even told me about DSA, effing jokers that they were :nothing: ). They're someone to check in with regularly and who can liaise between you and the disability department, or you and your academic department. Or even you and your hospital, depending on how proactive they feel. The mentor I had during my Masters, R, felt so indignant about the way my then-psychiatrist was ignoring my calls, that she actually rang up his secretary herself and had a huge go at her :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:frown: :jumphug: :console:

Oh, that's awesome! I hope my one is as good as yours! Sorry your undergraduate uni didn't tell you anything though. :s-smilie: That's pretty awful...My uni have been pretty good about getting me the support I need. Not sure where I'd be without them with regards to my degree. :dontknow:

Original post by Odd socks
I asked for one but it wasn't granted :frown:

:hugs: I'm sorry. :frown: Did they say why? :console:
Feel so low and bad :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Feel so low and bad :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here if you need me. :hugs:

Latest