The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hudl
I'm doing the mixed exercies now and thats what I'm stuck on and its annoying me as a few weeks back I would have probably figured it out. Im going to wtach vectors videos on examsolutions and then Ill post it on here if I still need help. Its an easy question I can tell, I just cant remember what to do.

Go back and find similar examples. All problems are pretty much pythagoras and dot product.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hudl
I'm doing the mixed exercies now and thats what I'm stuck on and its annoying me as a few weeks back I would have probably figured it out. Im going to wtach vectors videos on examsolutions and then Ill post it on here if I still need help. Its an easy question I can tell, I just cant remember what to do.

Personally I would say don't waste your time with the book. Though it is an excellent resource for other topics in c4 particularly integration I don't think It is useful at all for vectors. Instead I would recommend the pack of vector questions that you can find on physics andmathstutor's website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medicjug
Personally I would say don't waste your time with the book. Though it is an excellent resource for other topics in c4 particularly integration I don't think It is useful at all for vectors. Instead I would recommend the pack of vector questions that you can find on physics andmathstutor's website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah loads of people just stick to those mixed exercises. Starting papers is best as there are about 10 years worth of edexcel ones and also Solomon ones

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm. Id say do those review exercises first as I did them first and then had mocks and got 100 100 in C3/4. The review exercises are from pst papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
https://5c59854d0ccd29d489c9e5e689a8bbadf49aa0f0.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYREhxMHhfam1IQm8/Paper%20C%20-%20QP%20C4%20Solomon.pdf
How do you do 4d? I don't think I understand how we use point coordinates of D we found in the previous part.
Original post by adorablegirl1202
https://5c59854d0ccd29d489c9e5e689a8bbadf49aa0f0.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYREhxMHhfam1IQm8/Paper%20C%20-%20QP%20C4%20Solomon.pdf
How do you do 4d? I don't think I understand how we use point coordinates of D we found in the previous part.

I am on my way home. I am going to have to do the question fully to have an idea of what is going on but have you drawn a diagram?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I am on my way home. I am going to have to do the question fully to have an idea of what is going on but have you drawn a diagram?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No... I'll try drawing one

I'll have a look at it now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll have a look at it now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot!
does anyone have a link to the official S2 thread?
Original post by Ripper Phoenix

I think there is a general s1-4 one. Not sure bout individual one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ripper Phoenix

Make one if you want to. None of these are actually "official" anyway - it's just the thread starters (probably other students) decided to put the word "official" in the title to make it look more fancy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by powelsmartin
Make one if you want to. None of these are actually "official" anyway - it's just the thread starters (probably other students) decided to put the word "official" in the title to make it look more fancy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol i am aware... i just call it official because as the exam nears multiple students tend to create multiple threads so finding the original (official) one is a task.
I think there is a general s1-4 one. Not sure bout individual one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup got it thanks! :smile:
Thanks a lot!

Hey super duper sorry have some messed up body clock so fell asleep before I had the chance to look at it. Anyway hereeeImageUploadedByStudent Room1430572049.449491.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1430572069.410667.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1430572091.500228.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question about Solomon papers. How much more difficult are they compared to normal papers, like what's a good score. Also do they get progressively harder from Solomon A to whatever the last solomon paper is?
Original post by ACarter8
Question about Solomon papers. How much more difficult are they compared to normal papers, like what's a good score. Also do they get progressively harder from Solomon A to whatever the last solomon paper is?

To answer your first question,
It all depends on the year, last year I did no solomons for C1, turned out to be an easy paper and I just missed full UMS (by 2 raw marks)

If I did solomons, and it was a hard paper and it helped then thats another story, so you cant really compare but generally solomons are harder than the usual edexcel papers.
I find C4 integration so so hard! Any tips on how to revise for it?? I understood it perfectly in class and now a month on its all gone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by clara16
I find C4 integration so so hard! Any tips on how to revise for it?? I understood it perfectly in class and now a month on its all gone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Integration is all about practice. Questions will only get that knowledge back. Do a paper a day until the exam and it will stick as I wouldnt risk relearninng it now then leaving it till june to revise as the same thing will happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Integration is all about practice. Questions will only get that knowledge back. Do a paper a day until the exam and it will stick as I wouldnt risk relearninng it now then leaving it till june to revise as the same thing will happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, could you help me with this please? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430585012.112941.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by clara16
Thank you, could you help me with this please? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430585012.112941.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

(1+cos2x)/2 is a single trig function ......... Think of double angle formulae

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest