RobespierreVII
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How's everyone feeling about this? Must say I'm pretty confident myself in terms of coursework knowledge. Nerves could however be a problem as this is my first exam and I suppose it's natural to be slightly apprehensive.

My courses are the Atlantic Slave Trade, Appeasement and Migration and Empire.

Anyhoo, work hard Wednesday-Thursday and good luck team!
RossRFC
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is also my first exam ever, good luck you also. I'm pretty confident too, just hope I don't need to remember dates.

How did you do in your prelim and course assignment?
RobespierreVII
Rep:
?
(Original post by RossRFC)
This is also my first exam ever, good luck you also. I'm pretty confident too, just hope I don't need to remember dates.

How did you do in your prelim and course assignment?
I'm not sure as to how I did in the course assignment. I felt afterwards that I bit off more than I could chew and would have been better off studying a simpler topic. I got a really strong A in my prelim, so hopefully I can replicate that on Friday. How about yourself?
RossRFC
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RobespierreVII)
I'm not sure as to how I did in the course assignment. I felt afterwards that I bit off more than I could chew and would have been better off studying a simpler topic. I got a really strong A in my prelim, so hopefully I can replicate that on Friday. How about yourself?
Exact same as you, thought it was ok but we were given very little help by teacher and was hard to understand what to do. I got 90% in prelim so I also hope I can do that on Friday
ElasticJane
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Best of luck! I had my first exam yesterday, and I did feel sick-ish because of the exam, but as soon as I got in it was fine.

For History I'm studying era of the Great War, slave trade and Hitler&Nazi Germany. Is it just me, or does it seem like there's not much that can be asked on slave trade, as a typical Describe or Explain question?
RossRFC
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ElasticJane)
Best of luck! I had my first exam yesterday, and I did feel sick-ish because of the exam, but as soon as I got in it was fine.

For History I'm studying era of the Great War, slave trade and Hitler&Nazi Germany. Is it just me, or does it seem like there's not much that can be asked on slave trade, as a typical Describe or Explain question?
Out of yours I only do era of the great war. Do you think they'll ask many questions on women and the politics stuff, i don't really get it :/
ElasticJane
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Out of yours I only do era of the great war. Do you think they'll ask many questions on women and the politics stuff, i don't really get it :/
I think something on politics will come up, seeing as the politics section wasn't present last year.

All we can be really asked about in-depth are things like describing/explaining:
-Impact of the Great War on political life (talking about rent strikes, DORA, etc)
-Impact of DORA on Scots
-Reasons why DORA was unpopular
-Events of Red Clydeside

And all the suffrage stuff, reasons why:
-Suffrage campaigns failed
-Suffrage campaigns could be considered a success
-Suffragette campaigns harmed votes for women

Those are all the questions I can think of, to study I just make up questions I could be asked and try and answer them.

Good luck!
RossRFC
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think something on politics will come up, seeing as the politics section wasn't present last year.

All we can be really asked about in-depth are things like describing/explaining:
-Impact of the Great War on political life (talking about rent strikes, DORA, etc)
-Impact of DORA on Scots
-Reasons why DORA was unpopular
-Events of Red Clydeside

And all the suffrage stuff, reasons why:
-Suffrage campaigns failed
-Suffrage campaigns could be considered a success
-Suffragette campaigns harmed votes for women

Those are all the questions I can think of, to study I just make up questions I could be asked and try and answer them.

Good luck!
Have you got any notes you could show me about the events at red clydeside, only thing I don't have
RossRFC
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hope the 8 mark question will be Scottish topic this year on recruitment also.
lisad803
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I'm also doing the history exam tomorrow, my topics are The Wars of Independence, Changing Britain and Free at last. I was wondering if anyone else was doing any of these topics as I wanted to know what you guys thought would come up. I have no idea about any of them apart from Changing Britain where I think that Democracy and Radicals might come up?
RossRFC
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not long now! Good luck everyone for tomorrow
emma_georgia998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lisad803)
Hi, I'm also doing the history exam tomorrow, my topics are The Wars of Independence, Changing Britain and Free at last. I was wondering if anyone else was doing any of these topics as I wanted to know what you guys thought would come up. I have no idea about any of them apart from Changing Britain where I think that Democracy and Radicals might come up?

I'm doing change in Britain too, and our teacher said that political reform (so the 1832 and 1867 reform acts etc, and the radicals and chartists) would most likely come up ad it wasn't in last years paper!
ElasticJane
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well done everyone!! What did you all think of the paper? I thought it would have been much harder due to the difficulty of the graphics exam, but for my topics, the questions were very easy. Some, eg Describe the stages of the Triangular Trade were a little weird, but nothing too hard.
RossRFC
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well done everyone!! What did you all think of the paper? I thought it would have been much harder due to the difficulty of the graphics exam, but for my topics, the questions were very easy. Some, eg Describe the stages of the Triangular Trade were a little weird, but nothing too hard.
I totally messed mines up completely. Era of Great War went ok till I got out and I had written disagree for the compare question :/ Oversll think I have dropped 16 marks and hopefully my assignment can bring that up.
RobespierreVII
Rep:
?
Well done to everyone in surviving the day. I think I made a mess of the Migration and Empire context, however hopefully I did enough in the assignment and the other two topics to secure an A.
RossRFC
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RobespierreVII)
Well done to everyone in surviving the day. I think I made a mess of the Migration and Empire context, however hopefully I did enough in the assignment and the other two topics to secure an A.
I don't do your topics but did you feel there were a few questions same as last year?
ElasticJane
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't do your topics but did you feel there were a few questions same as last year?
The question about plantations (Slave Trade) was in the specimen paper, that was the only one I noticed was an exact duplicate though.
CairneyM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did anyone miss our the migration and empire comparison question in the exam by accident because of the lay out?
Chloe01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi I'm doing era of the Great War as well do you think there will be any questions on the battles really don't know any of that
SocialStudiesETC
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone want to go over Lenin and the Russia Revolution
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (277)
65.8%
No (144)
34.2%

Watched Threads