The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
Sanchez: "There was a time in which I had no football boots as my mum didn’t have money to buy a pair for me," says the former Barcelona forward. "I begged for new boots at home, but unfortunately my mum couldn’t pay for them. At that time I was the most important player for Arauco, the municipality’s football team. My mum went to Arauco’s city hall to ask for some sort of grant to the town’s mayor so I could have a new pair of boots. I wasn’t aware of her move until one night at 10pm a delivery van stopped at my doorstep with some brand new boots for me. I put them on straight away and I started playing in the street. I was really happy about that. And mum’s efforts were acknowledged with a special dedication. "When I scored my first goal in the boots, I dedicated it to my mum," he smiles. "Although during my first games with my brand new boots, I focused more on the boots than on the game itself!"

Dude's an inspiration.

It's hardly a situation unique to him though. Doesn't pretty much every South American footballer fit that description?
Original post by AR_95
"Snarky comment"

What happened was general (but ****) banter between me and Luke which lead to you saying

Even though me and Luke are on good terms

Brb trying to call my posts out to look good then crying because I called out some comical posts he's renowned for to this day
Brb saying don't give it out if you get hissy when it's returned, but firing blank shots unprovoked in the first place
It's ok Ben, the gems aren't real.

In any case, I'm sure Luke doesn't need a white knight x

Pls rectify situation

Realistically a young lb and possibly a winger like Pedro. I'm not hoping for much more tbh, the performances over the last few months will lull wengs into a false sense of security.
Original post by sr90
It's hardly a situation unique to him though. Doesn't pretty much every South American footballer fit that description?

Perhaps, but he is still an amazing role model in terms of dedication and perseverance to young kids in this country and others. From a kid kicking about barefoot on the streets to playing for Barcelona and Arsenal. Still an inspiration.
Original post by Lúcio
why?
it's funny :wink:

no but in all seriousness guys, if anybody is gonna implode the arsenal thread, at least let it be Shed End.

The irony being that you'd have to look very hard to find a post of mine where I get mad on this thread. Given the abuse I took from Arsenal regulars you should be calling them out tbh.
Original post by The Shed End
The irony being that you'd have to look very hard to find a post of mine where I get mad on this thread. Given the abuse I took from Arsenal regulars you should be calling them out tbh.

They are #salty so I wouldn't take notice
Original post by Arkasia
Also, is Jenko coming back, because if he is, we have way too many RBs.

...sounds ominous.

3? Hardly excessive, Bellerin should be loaned, I would say keep him but I don't think Debichy's injuries hint at anything g long term, I mean a dislocated shoulder is about as freak as an injury can get.

I thought it sounded sexual....
Original post by leinad2012
Realistically a young lb and possibly a winger like Pedro. I'm not hoping for much more tbh, the performances over the last few months will lull wengs into a false sense of security.

Yh I said that would be likely. Also why quote me on this lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
Actually it's Villa (N), the FA Cup final is at Wembley!

Basically our second home so.... #banter.

I think people are overestimating Sunderland at home, in fact all games against relegation scrappers, desperation doesn't mean they suddenly become class. I remember a few years back the same happening with Wigan second last game of the season, and we spunked all over them to send then down.

And they actually had a decent set of young talented players as opposed to a player who likes a decent set on some young talent #****banter #AdamNonseon
Original post by The Shed End

The one where you straight up callede a dick wasn't very nice :wink:
Original post by AR_95
Yh I said that would be likely. Also why quote me on this lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not going to lie to you AR I have no ****ing clue why you're quoted in that comment Hahaha. Having a mare
I'm not going to lie to you AR I have no ****ing clue why you're quoted in that comment Hahaha. Having a mare

#arsenalfans
Original post by Lúcio
#arsenalfans

Dude :colonhash:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Dude :colonhash:

what you gonna do m8?
insult liverpool?
blue card me?

i'm invincible :cool:
Alright, get off. Get off the big avatars and usertitles now :angry:
Original post by TornadoGR4
Alright, get off. Get off the big avatars and usertitles now :angry:

U mad u paid and we didnt
Original post by IceyFish

:rofl:

Tornado that's deep.
Original post by IceyFish

Original post by Depleted
:rofl:

Tornado that's deep.

I...What? I thought both these accounts were FK :confused:

they are.
he's actually that sad...

Nope, I've been banned and one is a dupe clearly
The one where you straight up callede a dick wasn't very nice :wink:

I linked you to a video where the main protagonist called the other character a dick
So Technically I didn't rage, Alan Partridge did :smile:

Latest