The Student Room Group

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2/5

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Both in great shape. The **** tho :confused:, Floyds arms are just soo long, looks like they've been stretched. He's reach advantage will play a big role in this fight especially with that counter-punching style of he's fighting from the outside.

Mayweather will win, he's the best 'boxer' of this generation. Hasn't fought everyone he should've in their respective prime. Even then take nothing away from the people he did fight because he made it look so easy.

TBE ? Never dat.
Original post by uer23
Both in great shape. The **** tho :confused:, Floyds arms are just soo long, looks like they've been stretched. He's reach advantage will play a big role in this fight especially with that counter-punching style of he's fighting from the outside.

Mayweather will win, he's the best 'boxer' of this generation. Hasn't fought everyone he should've in their respective prime. Even then take nothing away from the people he did fight because he made it look so easy.

TBE ? Never dat.

I can't wait for the fight. I'm really curious about whose going to win it. Hope Sunday comes by really quickly.
Original post by Feline_Nymphet

Whoa. Bring down the details in your analysis of the sweet science. :colonhash:

I have left my analysis to Reddit where people actually know what they're on about when it comes to pugilism rather than on here whereby the place is just full of Mayweather hating Pacquiao fanboys. I'll quote my posts as opposed to retype them all here.

Floyd is going to win easy. He will work the ropes, make Manny miss and then catch him on the exit with precise shots. Also, the hate in here for Mayweather is hilarious. He is one of the greatest boxers of all time and he has backed it up every time in the ring. When you're that good you can trash talk and show off. Ask Ali how he used to do it to generate hype for fights.

I have no problem at all with someone who is clearly at the top of the profession hyping it up in that manner because not only does he talk the talk but he walks the walk too.
The only people in here who are jealous are those who wish they had Floyd's wealth. They're upset and hurt that a guy who can barely read has applied himself to his craft with such dedication that he has made a fortune whilst they haven't got that same drive to do it themselves.

Now upon reading this they'll come up with dozens of excuses as to why they couldn't do it but at the end of the day we all know skills pay the bills and it takes 'hard work, dedication!'.
You read books. Floyd reads opponents. Floyd almost has a sixth sense when it comes to evading punches and his ability to not get hit allows him strike with precision whilst also contributing to the draining of stamina of his opponent.

Fortunately, there are many people out there like myself who admire this pure athlete and pugilist for what he is. He has been of great inspiration to me. I've watched the documentaries and have seen how he came from nothing to something. How he achieved it was amazing and every time I go train I listen to a Floyd Mayweather speech to get inspired and motivated. Is he a perfect human being? No, he's not but let's not pretend everyone else on here is either.
Floyd is an inspiration.

No offence but you clearly do not understand boxing one bit. Floyd is a pure pugilist and has mastered elusive and defensive techniques through the use of the shoulder roll. There is simply no other boxer out there at the moment on his level and it's hilarious when casual fans just want to see a good old scrap and blood flying out of their mouths but boxing is an art to be admired.

Sorry, but any true boxing fan who understands what the sport is all about will appreciate the pure brilliance of Floyd's defensive mastery and will watch it in awe. At times, you need a slow motion of it to truly appreciate just how great he is. He barely gets hit, he comes out of tricky situations and lads punches on the exit with precision and thats why he wins fights on points.

The fact is, he is simply one of the best of all time and only clueless casual fighters who want to see two meatheads going at it in a sort of pub brawl will state otherwise. Also, it is pretty hilarious how some of his detractors state he isn't that aggressive because in reality, while he doesn't go forward and force the fights, he often lands precision shots that make their mark on their opponents. At one point in the Mosley fight he had him shook up after Mosley tagged him. Mayweather stepped it up a gear, turned it on and showed him that he had another level entirely to take it up to.

As an ex boxer, I know what I'm about. Floyd Money May is going to win it easily.

Hard work. Dedication. #TMT

Original post by Dark Skies
I have left my analysis to Reddit where people actually know what they're on about when it comes to pugilism rather than on here whereby the place is just full of Mayweather hating Pacquiao fanboys. I'll quote my posts as opposed to retype them all here.

As an ex boxer, I know what I'm about. Floyd Money May is going to win it easily.

So do you agree with my prediction? :h: I'll read your breakdowns in a bit.
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
So do you agree with my prediction? :h: I'll read your breakdowns in a bit.

Floyd will win on points.
I didn't think it was possible to hype a fight more than Cleverly-Bellew II but sky are outdoing themselves here.

C'mon we're just really excited about the sport. We are not being mean to anyone don't be angry:spank:. As I said, both boxers are great.For example, many celebrities like, Justin Bieber who supports Floyd Mayweather and Mark Walhberg who supports Manny Pacquiao. Trust me, both will still be known as great fighters after the fight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Dark Skies is clearly a delusional fanboy who believes mayweather is infallible. One of the greatest of all time? Lol.

Surely one of the greatest of all time wouldn't consistently duck opponents?
Original post by xpointx
C'mon we're just really excited about the sport. We are not being mean to anyone don't be angry:spank:. As I said, both boxers are great.
I just hope Pac Man wins though.

Apologies if I come across that way dude. Im just so passionate about the sport its unreal. :tongue:

You going to be on here tomorrow to talk about the fight when its on?
Original post by Zander01
Dark Skies is clearly a delusional fanboy who believes mayweather is infallible. One of the greatest of all time? Lol.

Surely one of the greatest of all time wouldn't consistently duck opponents?

Continue being jealous. Who has he ducked? The only two people you could possibly come up with are Margarito who cheated and quite frankly should have been banned from the sport forever and Cotto, who there was no point fighting anyway as his style was an easy style for Mayweather to deal with.

Who else has he apparently ducked? Just another delusional hater who cant appreciate that Mayweather has mastered the defensive game and is a pure pugilist. Id love you to go on boxingscene or one of the other major boxing forums cause you'd get laughed at to no end with the nonsense you're talking.
Continue being jealous. Who has he ducked? The only two people you could possibly come up with are Margarito who cheated and quite frankly should have been banned from the sport forever and Cotto, who there was no point fighting anyway as his style was an easy style for Mayweather to deal with.Who else has he apparently ducked? Just another delusional hater who cant appreciate that Mayweather has mastered the defensive game and is a pure pugilist. Id love you to go on boxingscene or one of the other major boxing forums cause you'd get laughed at to no end with the nonsense you're talking.

why on earth would I be jealous?

It's already been covered on here and everywhere else. Oh and the ones he didn't technically duck, he waited until they were past their prime in order to face them. Don't know who im talking about? Then clearly you don't know as much about boxing as you'd like to think?

I also like how you cite your boxing experience as some kind of argument enhancer. By that logic, Tysons opinions far outweigh yours?
Original post by Zander01
why on earth would I be jealous?

It's already been covered on here and everywhere else. Oh and the ones he didn't technically duck, he waited until they were past their prime in order to face them. Don't know who im talking about? Then clearly you don't know as much about boxing as you'd like to think?

I also like how you cite your boxing experience as some kind of argument enhancer. By that logic, Tysons opinions far outweigh yours?

You're so jealous its unreal.

FMJ48.

Keep hating.
You're so jealous its unreal.FMJ48.Keep hating.

Nice counter argument. You must have had the **** beat out of you every time you got in the ring to be this dense lol
Original post by awkwardshortguy
I didn't think it was possible to hype a fight more than Cleverly-Bellew II but sky are outdoing themselves here.

Some of the stuff they've done with their cast of pundits. The Head to Head face off etc is utterly laughable...

Even Harry Redknapp was giving his opinion on it FFS lol
:party::kungfu::party:
Pac Man
Original post by Aky786UK
Some of the stuff they've done with their cast of pundits. The Head to Head face off etc is utterly laughable...

Even Harry Redknapp was giving his opinion on it FFS lol

Next they'll be asking the girl who gives the tips in the horse racing. Tbf I've always thought she's criminally underused.
Cant. Wait.
latest thoughts from me. Floyd by round 10 tko
Original post by oh-my-diddy
latest thoughts from me. Floyd by round 10 tko

You're going to get all the Pacman fans crying if you carry on.

I hope Pac Man doesn't make Floyd's fans cry. How many people do you think are going to be in the building? Who are going to get the front row seats?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest