The Student Room Group

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2/5

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dark Skies
I have left my analysis to Reddit where people actually know what they're on about when it comes to pugilism rather than on here whereby the place is just full of Mayweather hating Pacquiao fanboys. I'll quote my posts as opposed to retype them all here.

More people here think Mayweather is going to win than Pacquiao...
Original post by Kenan and Kel
More people here think Mayweather is going to win than Pacquiao...

Do you think they're one of the Beliebers?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xpointx
Do you think they're one of the Believers?

Huh? With your recent posts, I assume you mean Beliebers?
Huh? With your recent posts, I assume you mean Beliebers?

Yup:biggrin:
Original post by xpointx

Well, no. I just think that they believe Floyd will win.
Original post by xpointx

I think Floyd is really angry right now as many criticisms have been thrown at him in the media.
(edited 8 years ago)
Well, no. I just think that they believe Floyd will win.

Why do you think Floyd chose Justin Bieber to carry his championship belt for him?I'm just wondering.
Original post by xpointx
Why do you think Floyd chose Justin Bieber to carry his championship belt for him?I'm just wondering.

So that Bieber's fans will buy PPV.
Reply 188
Original post by Zander01
Dark Skies is clearly a delusional fanboy who believes mayweather is infallible. One of the greatest of all time? Lol.

Surely one of the greatest of all time wouldn't consistently duck opponents?

It's a shame as if he fought most of the the guys he is accused of ducking and went on to beat them, people would rank him as being far and away the greatest fighter of this era and he probably might have retired by now.

Having said that, most of those ducking accusations are speculative at best as no one really knows what went on behind closed doors, in boxing you really can't fight everyone. Every fighter has that one guy that they didn't face or have been accused of ducking.

Judging by Floyd's accomplishments in the sport, I think he is probably in the top 50. I'd put him a step below Pacquiao/De La Hoya. He's still been one of the best fighters of this era and the level of competition he has fought is better than most fighters.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dark Skies
Floyd is going to win.

'Hard work. Dedication' is a quote Mayweather and the Money Team use.

You sound dumb, sound like someone will take anything Mayweather says to them.
Mayweather is scared like ****.
You cant block what you cant see.
It makes sense for Pacquaio to win, this calls for another huge rematch worth again over 400million.
Boxing is still run by the mafia.
Reply 190
Original post by trrr
It's a shame as if he fought most of the the guys he is accused of ducking and went on to beat them, people would rank him as being far and away the greatest fighter of this era and he probably might have retired by now.

Having said that, most of those ducking accusations are speculative at best as no one really knows what went on behind closed doors, in boxing you really can't fight everyone. Every fighter has that one guy that they didn't face or have been accused of ducking.

Judging by Floyd's accomplishments in the sport, I think he is probably in the top 50. I'd put him a step below Pacquiao/De La Hoya. He's still been one of the best fighters of this era and the level of competition he has fought is better than most fighters.

Top 50? If that's all you give him that's incredibly disrespectful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 191
Original post by Wade-
Top 50? If that's all you give him that's incredibly disrespectful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well he definitely isn't the The Best Ever, for sure.
Reply 192
Original post by uer23
Well he definitely isn't the The Best Ever, for sure.

I'm not saying he is but only top 50 is crazy. This is a guy who's never lost never been knocked down even and won championships at multiple weight classes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
Original post by Wade-
I'm not saying he is but only top 50 is crazy. This is a guy who's never lost never been knocked down even and won championships at multiple weight classes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I agree, he deserves more credit than that.
Really want to watch this but there's no way I can stay up all night. May have to take a nap and then go to bed again after!
What time is it GMT and where can you watch it online ?

- 50 cent is betting $1.6m on Floyd to win.

Hahahaha that's rich.
So that Bieber's fans will buy PPV.

That's a hellalot of money if you're targetting Bieber fans.

The publicity here is ridiculous.
Pac Man
:party::kungfu::party:
Reply 199
Original post by Wade-

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just think there are quite a few guys ahead of him.

Being a world champion (especially in this era) doesn't mean as much as it did (same reason why I don't really rate Pacquiao's 8 division world titles as highly as most people) . There are too many titles in boxing - 4 main titles, a ring magazine title and then there is the ridiculous concept of being a super/regular/interim champion. I think the real question you'd have to ask is how many of those divisions that he won his titles in was he really the lineal champion in or did he dominate.

Sven Ottke/Joe Calzaghe didn't lose a fight either but no one is calling them TBE. Level of competition>Undefeated record. Floyd has fought quite a number of good fighters, so I do give him more credit than those guys.

Carlos Hernandez knocked him down.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest