The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Numan786
We need a new lb I reckon. Someone to replace Gibbs so we have nacho and the new lb. Gibbs isn't good enough IMO.

Whats going on with coentrao?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are people getting this idea that Gibbs isn't quality ffs. Before it was Monreal who needed to be sold, now it's Gibbs. The competition between Gibbs and Monreal means that we've virtually had no problems at LB this season, both players have performed very well when called upon. What more could you ask for lol but you want to add another established player who will want gametime.
Reply 8721
Bellerin has only just turned 19..

He's going to be a WC RB. He'll probably end up doing a Cesc though which is piss taking.
Original post by SA-1

He's going to be a WC RB. He'll probably end up doing a Cesc though which is piss taking.

true. its annoyign with these young spanish players.. that you always know if they turn good, then they are probably heading back to spain.

I mean look at united and De Gea at the moment.. always having to speculate over his future.

- atleast we will never have that problem with the banterbus jenkinson
Original post by SA-1

Doubt Barça will want him when they got Bartra who's a superior player. He'll stay for at least 5 years (he's nowhere near the finished article, defensively he's dog****e) and there's huge question marks as to whether he'll make the grade anyways.
Original post by SA-1

I think he has the complete right to go to Barca they are a far superior team to us and he is born there so I will not blame him if that happens. He turned 20 in march btw.
Original post by fallen_acorns
disagree with this personally - I still think gibbs is good enough, especially as our back-up LB

Would like 3 people to cover the position, but for me it is fine as:

Monreal
Gibbs
Youngster

- Would hope there is someone in the acadeym who can fill the 'youngster' place, rather then a new signing

Original post by sevchenko
Where are people getting this idea that Gibbs isn't quality ffs. Before it was Monreal who needed to be sold, now it's Gibbs. The competition between Gibbs and Monreal means that we've virtually had no problems at LB this season, both players have performed very well when called upon. What more could you ask for lol but you want to add another established player who will want gametime.

Monreal was always a good player but needed time to adjust. He was having his best season for malaga before he moved and his fans were upset when he left. Gibbs was alright first and was showing promise but he's always been a big time bottler. We need a better lb than gibbs.
Monreal was always a good player but needed time to adjust. He was having his best season for malaga before he moved and his fans were upset when he left. Gibbs was alright first and was showing promise but he's always been a big time bottler. We need a better lb than gibbs.

we have a better LB then gibbs though - his name is monreal..

Really dont need 3 decent LBs in that position, its over kill..

That bottler Gibbs almost cost us the cup last season with that miss ffs
Original post by Depleted
Doubt Barça will want him when they got Bartra who's a superior player. He'll stay for at least 5 years (he's nowhere near the finished article, defensively he's dog****e) and there's huge question marks as to whether he'll make the grade anyways.

Bartra the CB, you mean...
to be fair, there are not that many posters on the FF, and pretty much everyone I click on is 'PRSOM' - so maybe people did want to..

i know what you mean - i feel like i can barely rep people nowadays.
TSR are a bit strict tbh; you have to rep quite a lot of other people before the same person again, and that becomes problematic in the FF where there's a very specific and small set of regular posters.

thats why a lot of FF users don't appear to have too much rep in comparison to their post count, especially when you compare to somebody from the "chat" section for instance.
Original post by angelfox
That bottler Gibbs almost cost us the cup last season with that miss ffs

he also saved us though, was close to putting it in to his own net after fabianski thought he was neuer but made the right move as well as the clearance from the line in the first half.
Reply 8731

Nah defo not any time soon, he's still no where near good enough but in five years he'll be 24/25 - and that's when they'll probably snap him up. If he carried on improving as he is now, he will definitely be good enough for them and will leave a huge void here (if he gets in ahead of Jenks et al)

I just hope that Jenko's line of progression is as steep as Bellerins, if not steeper.

Original post by al_94
I think he has the complete right to go to Barca they are a far superior team to us and he is born there so I will not blame him if that happens. He turned 20 in march btw.

Lol, I just glanced over at his birth date - my bad. But yeah - still has a lot of time to become a real world class RB.
Bellerin > Zabaleta
Original post by Lúcio
i know what you mean - i feel like i can barely rep people nowadays.
TSR are a bit strict tbh; you have to rep quite a lot of other people before the same person again, and that becomes problematic in the FF where there's a very specific and small set of regular posters.

thats why a lot of FF users don't appear to have too much rep in comparison to their post count, especially when you compare to somebody from the "chat" section for instance.

yep, I got all of my rep in the yaers before I started using FF - since then I barely even bother to try and rep people, as I know it usually wont work.

Does not really matter. they killed rep, when they took away negative rep.

That always made it an interesting feature.. controversial posts could be judged by how much neg they got.. and you could easily see how many people agreed and disagreed with posters by how a post was repped.

It also made it harder to grow your rep, as unless you were being a whore about it, you would get negged and your rep would decrease again.

But anyway.. I miss those days of TSR

(or maybe I just miss being younger)
In other news leicster beating newcastle 2-0

Good good.. leicster deserve to stay up, and I really really want to see newcastle go down.

cant really see it happening though - sunderlands games are just to hard until the end of the season.

Southampton
Everton
Leicster
arsenal
Chelsea

- could easily be 0 points from that, given leicsters form
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Bartra the CB, you mean...

*Montoya. My bad.
In other news leicster beating newcastle 2-0

Good good.. leicster deserve to stay up, and I really really want to see newcastle go down.

cant really see it happening though - sunderlands games are just to hard until the end of the season.

Southampton
Everton
Leicster
arsenal
Chelsea

- could easily be 0 points from that, given leicsters form

Thing about Newcastle (and QPR) is that while I dislike the clubs themselves and want to see them go down, I really empathise with the managers. Carver and Ramsey are both people who were kinda shoe-horned into the job and clearly love their clubs (Carver in particular) but just aren't cut out to be managers and I don't like seeing them struggle.
*Montoya. My bad.

Montoya is rubbish though
Original post by Hatau24
Thing about Newcastle (and QPR) is that while I dislike the clubs themselves and want to see them go down, I really empathise with the managers. Carver and Ramsey are both people who were kinda shoe-horned into the job and clearly love their clubs (Carver in particular) but just aren't cut out to be managers and I don't like seeing them struggle.

Both will get sacked at the end of the season anyway. The only thing that stats constant in football is the fans, and QPR and Newcastle both have awful. Is happily see them go down
true. its annoyign with these young spanish players.. that you always know if they turn good, then they are probably heading back to spain.

I mean look at united and De Gea at the moment.. always having to speculate over his future.

- atleast we will never have that problem with the banterbus jenkinson

Men don't see how it's any different to every German player leaving to Bayern once they come good or all the English Soton players leaving to join the traditional top 3 English sides

Latest