The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely love final day. It NEVER disappoints. Watford will be gutted to lose the title but in most cases the side who finishes 2nd does better the following season compared to the champions.

Original post by The Assassin
woah brentford and Wolves in the playoffs? Super. As long as norwich dont go up.

Nah. Ipswich v Norwich and Brentford v Boro

Derby haven't been out of the play offs since September. It's unbelievable how badly they've bottled it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Brentford to go up, it can be done! COME ON!
Original post by Mackay
A lot of permeations down the bottom of League One. It's the only thing which is interesting me this weekend from the Football League now the Championship play-offs and relegation are a formality.

You were saying? :wink:
Can we all just take a minute to think of all the Watford fans out there?

Just imagine being a die hard supporter, watching every game this campaign with your season ticket and bottling it in the last few minutes?

I can't think of anything worse.
Credit to Bournemouth though - really happy to see them promoted!!!
Supposed to start work at 2. Probably should go in now
Original post by TornadoGR4
Supposed to start work at 2. Probably should go in now

Brentford getting into the playoffs is a fine reason to be late for work. They'll understand.
Original post by Lúcio

Just imagine being a die hard supporter, watching every game this campaign with your season ticket and bottling it in the last few minutes?

Personally I wouldn't care too much if we were promoted
Original post by Jangrafess
FT at Ipswich.

We're in the playoffs. Brentford are in the play offs. Amazing.

Brentford v Ipswich at Wembley would be grand.
I can't quite believe how comfortable that ended up being.
nvm wolves aren't in it. oh well.
I can't quite believe how comfortable that ended up being.

You guys deserve a back to back promotion. Best of luck
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
3-0 Reading from a pen.

It's like Derby don't want to get promoted.

deserves them right for celebrating promotion in December! top bottlers
Original post by Lúcio

They won't care. They are still up.
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Brentford v Ipswich at Wembley would be grand.

Might get it, I do think Brentford can beat Boro as long as they don't do a Derby for some reason, but on form they're very good. Might be high scoring though, Brentford aren't that good at clean sheets, they just tend to outscore opposition, though tbh Boro can be like that.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Personally I wouldn't care too much if we were promoted

Original post by Mackay
They won't care. They are still up.

well that's a lie, of course you'd bloody care.

i agree that being promoted is absolutely massive and that's the main thing - but you simply cannot tell me that losing a league title in the last few minutes of your final game would not be absolutely gutting.

although i suppose as a leeds fan you wouldn't know much about that :wink:
Boro have the best clean sheets record in the league don't they? Maybe that's an old stat.

My stepdad just texted me, he thought it was a 3pm kick off and only realised at half time. Still managed to get to the ground and catch the last 30 minutes but ffs.
Original post by Lúcio
well that's a lie, of course you'd bloody care.

i agree that being promoted is absolutely massive and that's the main thing - but you simply cannot tell me that losing a league title in the last few minutes of your final game would not be absolutely gutting.

although i suppose as a leeds fan you wouldn't know much about that :wink:

I think they're right. Last season when we came second and the title was a possibility at various points we didn't give a ****. We were finally promoted.
I think they're right. Last season when we came second and the title was a possibility at various points we didn't give a ****. We were finally promoted.

i completely understand what you're saying, but (with respect) did you lose the league title in stoppage time on the last day of the season?

you must always consider context - liverpool last season didn't expect to get 2nd place; the aim was top 4.
that doesn't mean we all weren't absolutely gutted when we didn't win the title.
yes of course we still had top 4 to be happy with (like watford have promotion), but regardless of what you originally set out to do, your responses will always be influenced by context (in my opinion).
Blackpool v Huddersfield, I think will go on after the crowd disperses. Can't be having an unfinished game on the last day of the season
Thrilled Brentford made the playoffs! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest