Omfg you're back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

lmao yeah, miss me? :hugs:

Original post by Rabadon
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: this is great

ikr lmao :perv:
Reply 2041
Original post by James A
Well I don't know about the current Edexcel spec, I'm not sure if they changed it from when I last did it (2010-2012) but all the hybridisation stuff is stuff I covered in first year of uni and we didn't need to know it for A-level. I'm not sure why you guys would even need to be introduced to it at such an early stage :s-smilie:

lol I was just curious :mmm:
Original post by Dinaa

I think it just says in the spec we need to know why the sigma and pi bonding occur, something like that:colone:
Reply 2043
So the temperature of the Haber process is 298K?

Why? Because of the standard states and conditions stuff needed for the steps to occur?

And what catalyst is used?
Original post by Dinaa

I love that curiosity :sexface: Also that little story you did for the radicals was awesome :tongue:
Original post by Dinaa
So the temperature of the Haber process is 298K?

Why? Because of the standard states and conditions stuff needed for the steps to occur?

And what catalyst is used?

Pretty sure it's an Iron catalyst used, but I think the temperature might be alot higher!

298k is room temperature (25 degrees celcius) :tongue: and when you think about it, the reaction will require heat energy to get things going
I do AQA AS, EMPA in a few days :/ any tips on what to revise?
Reply 2047
Original post by jshep000
I think it just says in the spec we need to know why the sigma and pi bonding occur, something like that:colone:

Yeah lol but you'd just say its because of the orbitals overlapping?

Original post by James A
I love that curiosity :sexface: Also that little story you did for the radicals was awesome :tongue:

Haha thanks :angelblush:
Original post by Dinaa
Yeah lol but you'd just say its because of the orbitals overlapping?

Haha thanks :angelblush:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your back! Ready to smash chemistry exam?
Reply 2049
Original post by James A
Pretty sure it's an Iron catalyst used, but I think the temperature might be alot higher!

298k is room temperature (25 degrees celcius) :tongue: and when you think about it, the reaction will require heat energy to get things going

O :erm:

So what temperature? And oh right so just to increase the rate of reaction?
Reply 2050
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Your back! Ready to smash chemistry exam?

You're* :h:

Haha yeeeeee, I got the highest mark for the Unit 2 paper in my whole year :cool:
(It was the January 2015 international paper, so EXTRA gassed)

And I got the highest grade in the Unit 1 Jan2015 IAL paper, so EXTRAAAA gassed lel :colondollar:

but no I'm not ready.

Original post by Dinaa
O :erm:

So what temperature? And oh right so just to increase the rate of reaction?

Exactly! You want to increase the rate of reaction. Between 400 - 450°C according to chemguide is what the haber process requires!

Another key point is that you need to include pressure as the haber process requires pressure also :tongue:

This website covers alot of useful stuff but just make sure you know what stuff you should be learning for each topic, have a look through your syllabus :smile:

http://www.chemguide.co.uk/physical/equilibria/haber.html
Original post by James A
Exactly! You want to increase the rate of reaction. Between 400 - 450°C according to chemguide is what the haber process requires!

Another key point is that you need to include pressure as the haber process requires pressure also :tongue:

This website covers alot of useful stuff but just make sure you know what stuff you should be learning for each topic, have a look through your syllabus :smile:

I agree chemguide is great but does go above the a level spec at times so be careful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinaa
You're* :h:

Haha yeeeeee, I got the highest mark for the Unit 2 paper in my whole year :cool:
(It was the January 2015 international paper, so EXTRA gassed)

And I got the highest grade in the Unit 1 Jan2015 IAL paper, so EXTRAAAA gassed lel :colondollar:

but no I'm not ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest,what grade did you get and what was your ums.We haven't done a mock yet in my school.
You are still correcting me I see.Yeah I don't feel ready properly either,but I'm still hammering away at last papers.
How are you coping in your other subjects?
Original post by Dinaa
lmao yeah, miss me? :hugs:

ikr lmao :perv:

Where have you beeeen!!??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2055
Original post by James A

Thank you! And yeah Chemguide is great. Feel like it gives me what the exams wants lol :colondollar:

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest,what grade did you get and what was your ums.We haven't done a mock yet in my school.
You are still correcting me I see.Yeah I don't feel ready properly either,but I'm still hammering away at last papers.
How are you coping in your other subjects?

I got a B rofl for the Unit 2 paper, but idrc because it was super hard anyway. Andd Idk about UMS? Teacher just gave us the grade lol.

For the Unit 1 paper I got an A and raw marks: 68/70 :smile:

Maths is good (still need to do trigonometric identities for C2 though! and I don't really look at S1 lol), Chemistry is good, Biology is boring but have notes and stuff, just need to practice. Psychology is gay but I've started revising for it :smile:

Wby?
Reply 2056
Original post by C0balt
Where have you beeeen!!??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Banned lol =)

HOW HAVE YOU BEEENN!!!!!? stranger :erm: :tongue:
Original post by Dinaa
Thank you! And yeah Chemguide is great. Feel like it gives me what the exams wants lol :colondollar:

I got a B rofl for the Unit 2 paper, but idrc because it was super hard anyway. Andd Idk about UMS? Teacher just gave us the grade lol.

For the Unit 1 paper I got an A and raw marks: 68/70 :smile:

Maths is good (still need to do trigonometric identities for C2 though! and I don't really look at S1 lol), Chemistry is good, Biology is boring but have notes and stuff, just need to practice. Psychology is gay but I've started revising for it :smile:

Wby?

Are there even trig identities in c2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes!!
Reply 2059
Original post by samb1234

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, probably the worst :sad:

I have a question again! :h:

Na2O + H2O ---> ?

Na20 + HCl ----> ?

And If the light emitted from excited Caesium atoms is passed through a spectrometer, what would you expect to see?

Quick Reply

Latest