The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
yep, I got all of my rep in the yaers before I started using FF - since then I barely even bother to try and rep people, as I know it usually wont work.

Does not really matter. they killed rep, when they took away negative rep.

That always made it an interesting feature.. controversial posts could be judged by how much neg they got.. and you could easily see how many people agreed and disagreed with posters by how a post was repped.

It also made it harder to grow your rep, as unless you were being a whore about it, you would get negged and your rep would decrease again.

But anyway.. I miss those days of TSR

(or maybe I just miss being younger)

i agree - i understand that they may have gotten rid of it because it could make people feel bad and some posters could target somebody and neg them on purpose.

however i agree that it would've still been better off to keep it.
nowadays you have a serious post of somebody asking for help, then the first reply gets 65 reps because they made a cliched joke

so in the end, rep gems don't really mean all too much because imo they really an indicator of post quality anymore.
Original post by angelfox
That bottler Gibbs almost cost us the cup last season with that miss ffs

Yep and he also cleared a header off the line to stop it going 3-0 after 20 minutes, sit down you clown...
Barcelona are just monsters.
Reply 8743
Villa picking up a lot of confidence..
In todays matches there have been 6 red cards in 6 matches playes today :lol:
MOTD will be interesting to watch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Villa picking up a lot of confidence..

I wanted them to get relegated I hate that team
Original post by al_94
I wanted them to get relegated I hate that team

How come? I'm fine with them staying up as long as we beat them in the final (which is looking dangerously even now that Benteke is on insane form, and the team is clicking).
sunderland winning :biggrin:

things are looking really dire for newcastle now.. but its good to see some action in the relegation battle, - other then that, this end to the season is really boring.

Looking at the fixtures..

Hull will pick up a win against already relegated burnley.. and end on 37

Leicster have nice fixtures, play QPR and sunderland.. reckon they will reach 37-40

--

So it comes down to newcastle vs sunderland.

Both have winable games in their fixtures.. newcastle have it easier.. but sunderland have a game in hand.

Looking really dire for newcastle right now
I think benteke would be a decent signing
Original post by leinad2012

reckon he is liverpool bound.

- but yeah.. he would be a great signing. only 24, and gives a really different dimension to giroud. Solid 1 in 2 striker..
Original post by fallen_acorns
reckon he is liverpool bound.

- but yeah.. he would be a great signing. only 24, and gives a really different dimension to giroud. Solid 1 in 2 striker..

Don't really see why he'd go there, not exactly that much of an upgrade and I'm sure there's bigger clubs that's want him
Tbh Benteke, winger and a gk and I'd be happy, although I think we'd be naïve not to sign a cdm
Don't really see why he'd go there, not exactly that much of an upgrade and I'm sure there's bigger clubs that's want him

They are just the only club that I have seen heavily linked with him so far.. and they are desperate for a decent striker.

He would be, but the question is how much would he fit our style?
Original post by Arkasia
He would be, but the question is how much would he fit our style?

I don't see how he wouldn't, big guy up top, only issue is he isn't all that different to Giroud tbh
Villa have got a decent record against us ffs, Agbonglahor normally turns into Messi against us
not worried about villa..

Our agregate against them this year is 8-0 isnt it?

And their new boss is a gooner.. so..

Chill.

We are the better team, if both teams turn up, we will win.
West Brom ooh er
I dislike Pulis because of how he tells his teams to kick the **** out of us when they play us, but if he pulls this off, I will change my opinion of him (temporarily). The Dutch rapist missing a penalty as well.
I don't see how he wouldn't, big guy up top, only issue is he isn't all that different to Giroud tbh

It may just be because he is having to play with Cleverley instead of Cazorla, but I haven't seen him have a particularly good ability in terms of passing. Villa are doing well because it is literally 1) Give to Benteke 2) Score, so I am worried he would disrupt the team dynamic if he joined (not that we are in for him).

Latest