The Student Room Group

Applying for business analyst Internship

I’m a first year studying economics and I’m applying for a 1st year internship as junior business analyst. I need to show I have business interest and understanding of business process, does anyone have any ideas of how I can show these on my CV???
Original post by mr T 999
I’m a first year studying economics and I’m applying for a 1st year internship as junior business analyst. I need to show I have business interest and understanding of business process, does anyone have any ideas of how I can show these on my CV???

You can research Business analyst vacancies on jobsite and look at job description and research by searching and learning the basics of them like advanced excel skills, business process modelling notation, requirement catalouge, database design. Afterwards check on books relating to project management methodologies and business analysis, system analysis. Also read up on system dynamics and diagramming.

Good source of information are google books, google scholar, computer weekly.

Also get on Linkedin which is job based social media which is good for finding roles and building social networks with the job market and if you already on it. Expand and develop connections, use it to research companies and people with business analyst roles. Could also add them and chat with them if possible.

Afterwards add it on your key skills on your CV. Once your CV is top and get you to the interview stage then your research to the role and any experience and knowledge will help you along the way.

Source: I am Business Information Technology student.
Reply 2
Original post by Vibenation
You can research Business analyst vacancies on jobsite and look at job description and research by searching and learning the basics of them like advanced excel skills, business process modelling notation, requirement catalouge, database design. Afterwards check on books relating to project management methodologies and business analysis, system analysis. Also read up on system dynamics and diagramming.

Good source of information are google books, google scholar, computer weekly.

Also get on Linkedin which is job based social media which is good for finding roles and building social networks with the job market and if you already on it. Expand and develop connections, use it to research companies and people with business analyst roles. Could also add them and chat with them if possible.

Afterwards add it on your key skills on your CV. Once your CV is top and get you to the interview stage then your research to the role and any experience and knowledge will help you along the way.

Source: I am Business Information Technology student.

Well i don't have knowledge of any them apart from project mangement and i need to list evidence of me understanding business process and having a business interest on my CV
Reply 3
Anyone??? :frown:
Original post by mr T 999
Anyone??? :frown:

Have a little profile summary on your profile which showcase them. Business process, is what process goes behind a business such as different departments such as human resources, marketing, sales, production, finance etc work together to achieve the business goal and the activities that goes behind it for example such as business sell to consumer or business sells to other business.

Business analysis is analyzing the business to help get involved in change program and project by middle man between the business and the developers in terms of software development project.

Give google search a go, online is the best source.

p.s. I tried to help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending