The Student Room Group

Muslims hold demonstration in Lancashire, Nelson

I didn't see any women, and very few men that were old or in any way sickly......... looks like a recipe for disaster if you ask me. Lots of young, largely disenfranchised, foreign born (or 2nd generation) Muslim men that mainly support Sharia in some shape of form. And an ageing demographic of English Christians that are trying to enforce secularism.

I wouldn't want to be there when this powder keg explodes. Does anyone know what they are marching for? Something to do with Islam no doubt, but what.

Does nobody in dear old England see that this is situation is a time bomb, that may very well go off in their lifetime. Considering we are all students, it most likely will go off in our lifetimes. These people are having a baby boom and your demographics are in decline.

(edited 8 years ago)
Hmm why are they here again?

Who pushes immigration in the West?

Why have no governments left or right done anything to stop immigration?

Why are only White countries forced to be multi-racial?

These are things every White person should be asking your leaders.
How old is the clip?
Who are these so called Christians trying to enforce secularism? not me.
Reply 4
Original post by caravaggio2
How old is the clip?

The caption on the utube says 2015, but I have me doubts as it looks like it was recorded with a potato.

I cant imagine it being a consolation for Englanders to think this was the Nelson areas Muslim demographic of yesteryear though. :biggrin:
Original post by democracyforum
I am sick to death of these people

Yes, I'm sick to death of ignorant people too.

Original post by 1inaMillion
I didn't see any women, and very few men that were old or in any way sickly......... looks like a recipe for disaster if you ask me. Lots of young, largely disenfranchised, foreign born (or 2nd generation) Muslim men that mainly support Sharia in some shape of form. And an ageing demographic of English Christians that are trying to enforce secularism.

I wouldn't want to be there when this powder keg explodes. Does anyone know what they are marching for? Something to do with Islam no doubt, but what.

Does nobody in dear old England see that this is situation is a time bomb, that may very well go off in their lifetime. Considering we are all students, it most likely will go off in our lifetimes. These people are having a baby boom and your demographics are in decline.

It seems like you've gone out of your way to find this - especially when the video says " ISLAM ENGLAND BIGGEST MUSLIM MARCH NELSON LANCASHIRE 2015"

" and it's uploaded by someone called "Birmingham Crusaders England"

And the uneducated think it's that, but in actuality, it looks like it's "Milad Un Nabi" (The prophet Muhammeds birthday) . Also they say the word "Marhaba" a lot, which means "Welcome"

Most Pakistani Muslims are also barelvi/Sufi which is why there's....music. And I bet youre gonna say "Why are they marching in a Christian country yadda yadda" First, we're not a Christian country (Well we are in name), because if we were, we'd still be burning witches at the stake, there'd be no gay marriage, we'd be stoning people for petty crimes, you'd legally be allowed to sell your daughter in to prostitution etc.. etc... ); we are a secular nation, with a Christian "brand" because we still have the queen (who is head of church) and we still have SOME influence from the church, but largely we're a secular nation

And my point is, that in a secular nation as well as a democratic nation, we allow people freedom to religion, and we allow people to have freedom of expression (which is why Anjem Choudhry and Britain First are allowed to do what they do) so it's not impeding on what the UK values really.... (Unless of course you dont want those freedoms?)

And no, English Christians have no need to "try to enforce secularism" We ARE a secular nation. It is exactly things like this, where people really don't understand what is going on, try to make it out to be a big and scary and it's really not. They've got freaking music...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by The_Internet
Yes, I'm sick to death of ignorant people too.

It seems like you've gone out of your way to find this - especially when the video says " ISLAM ENGLAND BIGGEST MUSLIM MARCH NELSON LANCASHIRE 2015"

" and it's uploaded by someone called "Birmingham Crusaders England"

And the uneducated think it's that, but in actuality, it looks like it's "Milad Un Nabi" (The prophet Muhammeds birthday) . Also they say the word "Marhaba" a lot, which means "Welcome"

Most Pakistani Muslims are also barelvi/Sufi which is why there's....music. And I bet youre gonna say "Why are they marching in a Christian country yadda yadda" First, we're not a Christian country (Well we are in name), because if we were, we'd still be burning witches at the stake, there'd be no gay marriage, we'd be stoning people for petty crimes, you'd legally be allowed to sell your daughter in to prostitution etc.. etc... ); we are a secular nation, with a Christian "brand" because we still have the queen (who is head of church) and we still have SOME influence from the church, but largely we're a secular nation

And my point is, that in a secular nation as well as a democratic nation, we allow people freedom to religion, and we allow people to have freedom of expression (which is why Anjem Choudhry and Britain First are allowed to do what they do) so it's not impeding on what the UK values really.... (Unless of course you dont want those freedoms?)

And no, English Christians have no need to "try to enforce secularism" We ARE a secular nation. It is exactly things like this, where people really don't understand what is going on, try to make it out to be a big and scary and it's really not. They've got freaking music...

You had a point in there somewhere?

I must have missed it, but in my defence you did waffle on and on. You built enough straw men to invade Poland, how are you a mod lol.
You had a point in there somewhere?

I must have missed it, but in my defence you did waffle on and on. You built enough straw men to invade Poland, how are you a mod lol.

Sorry, I made quite a few assumptions about yourself (which Is why I waffled on) especially as I saw you say this:

To be fair, this is what caused the last holocaust. Large scale forced multiculturalism on an indigenous demographic without allowing them to vote on the issue.

The differences being the Jewry of pre-Nazi Germany were fewer in number with better economic activity and scientific out-put per head than the current......... they know the population is vastly against any more of these people coming here. Yet still they are forcing it on us, you would think it might be time to slow down the this exodus from the middle east/Africa to the UK so we could have time to integrate those that have already swarmed us, yet the EU is trying to increase immigration.

Made worse by the fact that it isn't making a blind bit of difference to the countries these people are fleeing, because their populations are ballooning out of proportion with our aid. For every one we take another 50 take their place in their home countries and scream for asylum and 'aid'.

Yes it's reminiscent of Nazi propaganda, what's really frightening me is that I am empathizing with the Nazis want to take back their country by whatever means they could.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3280621&p=55290031#post55290031

ie: you yourself said you are a nazi sympathiser; rather you said you're an empathiser, which is actually worse..

Please explain how I made a "straw man" or indeed "straw men" And just because I mod here it doesn't mean Im not allowed my own opinion, if that's what youre getting at? I am not the voice of TSR. The CT are the voice of TSR
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Sorry, I made quite a few assumptions about yourself (which Is why I waffled on) especially as I saw you say this:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3280621&p=55290031#post55290031

ie: you yourself said you are a nazi sympathiser; rather you said you're an empathiser, which is actually worse..

Please explain how I made a "straw man" or indeed "straw men" And just because I mod here it doesn't mean Im not allowed my own opinion, if that's what youre getting at? I am not the voice of TSR. The CT are the voice of TSR

To empathise with motivation does not mean I condone/advocate their actions or any of their beliefs, how dare you call me a Nazi sympathizer.

Why leave it in your post when you admittedly knew it to be a false.

Sympathiser is someone who agrees with the ideology. Someone who advocates, is an ally of the idea.

This is why I'm surprised you are a mod. You just gave me a warning because of your own lacklustre understanding of the English language. This on the back of the idea that you love freedom of expression even when it gives hate preachers the right to voice their opinion.

This is hypocritical and incompetent behaviour from a mod.
(edited 8 years ago)

These people are having a baby boom and your demographics are in decline.

To tackle this bit specifically, please refer to this graph:

Most UK Muslims have some South Asian heritage, and the fertility rates in the three big ones are coming down, and they're coming down oh so fast.

For good measure, I thought Id pop in the fertility rates of the UAE and Lebanon too. Spot any thing that those two countries have? Especially the UAE? Both of them are somewhat developed. The UAE is really rich, and quite educated; leading to a decline in fertility rates

Pakistan's fertility rates as of 2012 is 3.2. You probably see a few Pakistani families together and think "OMG they've got so many kids" when in reality, it's a bunch of families together...

In the UK, that rate is going to be lower, because well we have a better education system here and better health, better wealth etc..

Hans Rosling explains about the whole fertility thing:

[video="youtube;OT9poH_D2Iw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT9poH_D2Iw[/video]

The BBC debunked the whole "OMG Muslims are having loads of kids" video

To empathise with motivation does not mean I condone/advocate their actions are any of their beliefs, how dare you call me a Nazi sympathizer.

Why leave it in your post when you admittedly knew it to be a false.

Sympathiser is someone who agrees with the ideology. Someone who advocates, is an ally of the idea.

This is why I'm surprised you are a mod. You just gave me a warning because of your own lacklustre understanding of the English language. This on the back of the idea that you love freedom of expression even when it gives hate preachers the right to voice their opinion.

This is hypocritical and incompetent behaviour from a mod.

Im sorry, but when you say

"Yes it's reminiscent of Nazi propaganda, what's really frightening me is that I am empathizing with the Nazis"

You have basically said that you empathise with the nazis. How in hell is that NOT empathising with the nazis, when you've been quite clear that you just said that you empathised with them and you wanted people to take back "this county by any means necessary" and then you referenced the nazis.

If you claim to have received a card, you can ask why in AAM - BTW, if you check out "meet the mods" page, I dont even mod this section

Also, it's only in public where we do have freedom of expression and freedom of speech (As well as gov't buildings) though of course we have some restrictions. Any way, that's getting a bit OT. I wont be discussing moderation stuff with you. You can ask in AAM if you want about that
(edited 8 years ago)

You have basically said that you empathise with the nazis. How in hell is that NOT empathising with the nazis, when you've been quite clear that you just said that you empathised with them and you wanted people to take back "this county by any means necessary" and then you referenced the nazis.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. I am not spending the time trying to wade through your pages of copy and pasted non-sense. Even at a glance I could point out so much misleading information that is there to give a false narrative.

It's a common technique by people with no/bad arguments. It's called burying you opponent in bull, conflating that one line with as many other topics as you possibly can. Graphs and youtube videos, you forgot to add in pictographs and a few pie-charts.

To empathise is not to condone or advocate, it simply means I have a better understanding of their driving motivation. You really have a very bad grasp on the English language and it's showing.
You really have no idea what you are talking about. I am not spending the time trying to wade through your pages of copy and pasted non-sense. Even at a glance I could point out so much misleading information that is there to give a false narrative.

It's a common technique by people with no/bad arguments. It's called burying you opponent in bull, conflating that one line with as many other topics as you possibly can. Graphs and youtube videos, you forgot to add in pictographs and a few pie-charts.

To empathise is not to condone or advocate, it simply means I have a better understanding of their driving motivation. You really have a very bad grasp on the English language and it's showing.

It is not "copy pasted nonsense" I literally uploaded that to tinypic.com tonight (regarding the graph)

If you dont trust Google, check out the CIA world fact book. And no it's not, it's giving you high level information. I've provided you with reputable sources. You've provided...none at all.

I did however forget to include the link to the Google public data (From the world bank) here:
http://www.google.co.uk/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&ctype=b&strail=false&nselm=s&met_x=sp_dyn_le00_in&scale_x=lin&ind_x=false&met_y=sp_dyn_tfrt_in&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&met_s=sp_pop_totl&scale_s=lin&ind_s=false&dimp_c=country:region&ifdim=country&iconSize=0.5&uniSize=0.035

And sure, they're YouTube videos, however one is from a TED Talk and one is from the BBC. Both are pretty reputable.

And if you want to get in to THAT argument, "empathise" means to "The ability to understand and share the feelings of another." You "understand and share the feelings" of the Nazis. You can't really say "Oh I empathise with the nazis" but Im not actually a nazi sympathiser... (or empathiser)

See:

https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/empathy

For the definition of the word "empathy"
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
I'm going to have 10 children, not work and live of benefits just to piss you off.
Reply 13

Your entire arguments been torn apart, crawl back into your hole.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending