The Student Room Group

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2/5

Scroll to see replies

Most people leaning towards Floyd on the flash knockdowns. I actually think Manny has a better chance of scoring a flash knockdown on Floyd. You've seen in the past, Floyd takes big single punches really well (Maidana / Mosley), it's the fast snappy punches that catch him off balance (Judah / Hatton in the 1st round) where he's looked most susceptible to him hitting the canvas, and his glove actually did touch the canvas vs Judah. Having said that, Floyd's probably more likely to win via KO/TKO than Manny, cause I believe Floyd has a (single) bigger punch at 147. It'll go the distance anyhow.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Would have thought the pizza would be cold by 4am.

Hence why I said "to keep me going" until 4am

If there is a video to watch it's this one. Froch making a fool out of himself...

Froch dining off on FM saying he's a "hell of a champion" but he's said that to so many other guys, like a regular phrase and he said he didn't know who that was, when asked about Froch/Groves last year.
Original post by André 3000
I honestly believe Mayweather is going to knock him down at least once. Mayweather hits with precision and Manny leaves himself open at times and walks on to punches. I can see Mayweather evading one or two punches before responding with a devastating counter punch.

Overall though, I think Mayweather will win on points.

Great name, great avatar.

Original post by Aky786UK
Hence why I said "to keep me going" until 4am

Sorry.

SUG I don't know **** about boxing tbh, what Fizzel said about not knowing the right things to look for and just seeing it as two men trying to punch each other applies to me. I enjoy the big fights though. A boxing gloryhunter tbh :cool:
Haha oh Cobra. I give Froch credit for being that cocky in front of Floyd tbh, not many have the balls to behave like that when in conversation with him.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
****ing hell depressed now. Please smash him Manny. Need to overwhelm the bastard early.

lol and thats worked before..................................
Original post by ESPORTIVA
lol and thats worked before..................................

Well that's easy to say cause Floyd's never lost, so any game-plan proposed for Manny can be scrutinised like that.

But this is Manny ****ing Pacquiao. NOBODY has an easy time with Manny.
floyd

but manny is so ****ing fast i really can't call it but floyd ain't gonna mess about.

Is it me or was manny about to burst out laughing at the weigh in haha he also looked intimidated as ****
Didn't rate the first one, but this one is good.

Got some beers in but I figure I'd better not start now or I'll be steaming by 4am.
More and more people leaning towards floyd by ko now. very interesting and i'd tend to agree. this could turn out to be a mismatch. i actually also know alot of people who have no interest in this fight because of this
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Well that's easy to say cause Floyd's never lost, so any game-plan proposed for Manny can be scrutinised like that.

But this is Manny ****ing Pacquiao. NOBODY has an easy time with Manny.

No im not just saying it because mayweather has never lost.

I just don't see how pacquiao can do anything to mayweather.

I think it'll be marquez vs mayweather all over again
mayweather win on points probs. Not sure if I should stay up until the fight or try to get a nap in
Floyd will win in a points decision at the end imo but I know nothing about boxing really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel
Didn't rate the first one, but this one is good.

Got some beers in but I figure I'd better not start now or I'll be steaming by 4am.

I think from that second video what you really get is a sense of how good Mayweather's reflexes really are.
Original post by ESPORTIVA
No im not just saying it because mayweather has never lost.

I just don't see how pacquiao can do anything to mayweather.

I think it'll be marquez vs mayweather all over again

I mean, a shut-out from Floyd isn't impossible. But Manny will keep trying and trying to at least make a fight, something Marquez just isn't able to do in the same way. You don't think Manny's footwork can trouble Floyd? His hand-speed? All those unorthodox angles he throws at? His power? There's a lot for Floyd to be wary of.
Can't see anything other than it going to points, and am expecting a boring defensive display from Mayweather resulting in a victory for him.

You never know though, Mayweather has struggled against southpaws in the past, hopefully Manny will bang him out. I can't stand the guy.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430602368.356346.jpg

Apparently this is the statement from Floyd's kid of the domestic violence charges. It's probably old, sorry if you've all seen it but that's chilling.
I have a feeling that Mayweather will win on points, but I really want Pacquiao to win!

Come on Pacman! :party:
Interesting Floyd was in trouble, briefly, in his previous fights with Mosley and also didn't realise that Maidana caught him with a shot in the first fight that the ref, Kenny Bayliss, didn't rule as a knockdown(?) but Manny throws punches in bunches so that's surely something Floyd hasn't experienced before so how he handles that, especially in the first six rounds, will be very interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest