The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I think the 2011 papers are being removed from the site I couldnt download today but 2012's papers were available to download

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Isabella~;55391211"]How many studies is everyone learning for a section e.g. for institutional care and privation is it fine to learn Hodges and Tizard but not Rutter?

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE
]You should probably learn both for a 12 marker, then you only need 3 marks for each study of both AO1 and AO2. If you learn just Hodges and Tizard then it may be difficult to get 6 marks of description.
How many well explained evaluation points do you need in a 12 marker to get the full 6 marks available?
Original post by amberuniverse
How many well explained evaluation points do you need in a 12 marker to get the full 6 marks available?

3. You need 6 marks worth of AO1 though too.
Original post by Protégé
3. You need 6 marks worth of AO1 though too.

I know, thanks. :biggrin:
Original post by geeee11
Does anyone have last years Unit 1 Paper, or the questions that came up?

They've been released on the AQA website now.
Does anyone know whether we're supposed to know the studies into duration, encoding and capacity of memory, like Peterson, Bahrick etc? Because the spec just says "The multi-store model, including the concepts of encoding, capacity andduration. Strengths and limitations of the model" so I don't want to bother learning them if we don't have to :s-smilie:
Original post by hannah4262
They've been released on the AQA website now.
Does anyone know whether we're supposed to know the studies into duration, encoding and capacity of memory, like Peterson, Bahrick etc? Because the spec just says "The multi-store model, including the concepts of encoding, capacity andduration. Strengths and limitations of the model" so I don't want to bother learning them if we don't have to :s-smilie:

I wasn't sure either, but I think we need to know Peterson, Bahrick, Baddeley's encoding study etc but just outlined.

This was a 4 mark question in last years paper:
Explain how the findings of one or more studies demonstrate that short-term memoryand long-term memory are different.

And this was part of the mark scheme answer:
Alternatively the explanation may relate to a specific feature of STM/LTM e.g. Peterson andPeterson supported the idea of limited duration in STM while Bahrick supported that ofrelatively permanent LTM. Other relevant features are capacity, encoding and forgetting.STM encoded acoustically and LTM encoded semantically. Baddeley found that lists ofsimilar sounding words confused STM term memory and lists of semantically similar wordsconfused long term memory

But you can just use for example, KF as well so I guess it's just down to preference :smile:
Reply 207
Hi, How do i evaluate the rutter study on privation for the romanian orphans can someone give me a02 points asap please
Original post by molly2947
Check loopa!

Dosent it cost?
[QUOTE="wabbit998;55393271"]
Original post by Isabella~
How many studies is everyone learning for a section e.g. for institutional care and privation is it fine to learn Hodges and Tizard but not Rutter?

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE
]You should probably learn both for a 12 marker, then you only need 3 marks for each study of both AO1 and AO2. If you learn just Hodges and Tizard then it may be difficult to get 6 marks of description.

Rutgers study has a massive description, if you outline it in detail I'm sure that would be 6 marks of a02?
Original post by molly2947
Guys how would you format a 12 mark essay on how research into attachment has influenced childcare practices? What would you put as AO2 points? Just the studies that support the changes? I.e. That substitute emotional care whilst in institutional care must be provided, this was due to Roberson and Robertsons finding..... I'm finding it hard to structure an essay for this question

Can someone answer this, I don't get it to is it likely that it would come up?
Original post by SunDun111
Can someone answer this, I don't get it to is it likely that it would come up?

I highly recommend that you Buy Loopas Psychology model essays! They're amazing! They have all the essays that are possible to come up

But anyways for this essay
You could write about how secondary attachment figures play a big role in social development as Bowlby proposed
And this has been implemented into daycare practices as they focus on children forming relationships
Through staff having smaller groups to supervise etc

And also Been applied to hospital rules
Through more visiting rights etc

And then talk about hodges and tizards longitudinal study and how they're findings influenced practices into encouraging them to to form attachments with infants

And then just talk about the advantages and disadvantages of the research methods hodges and tizards used

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spiritless98
I highly recommend that you Buy Loopas Psychology model essays! They're amazing! They have all the essays that are possible to come up

But anyways for this essay
You could write about how secondary attachment figures play a big role in social development as Bowlby proposed
And this has been implemented into daycare practices as they focus on children forming relationships
Through staff having smaller groups to supervise etc

And also Been applied to hospital rules
Through more visiting rights etc

And then talk about hodges and tizards longitudinal study and how they're findings influenced practices into encouraging them to to form attachments with infants

And then just talk about the advantages and disadvantages of the research methods hodges and tizards used

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't get the question thought, is it likely to come up my teacher hasn't even gone over it..
Reply 213
Resitting PSYA1 and not even started revision yet lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SunDun111
I don't get the question thought, is it likely to come up my teacher hasn't even gone over it..

Yes it is
It's on the specification
So there's a chance of it coming up
If u need any more help u can pm me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NutE
Resitting PSYA1 and not even started revision yet lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 216
What did you get last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

PSYA1 - C
PSYA2 - A

overall, B :redface:
Yes it is
It's on the specification
So there's a chance of it coming up
If u need any more help u can pm me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need help answering it like what is a02 for it?
I thought that there isn't enough material on how research into attachment has influenced childcare practices for it to come up as a 12 marker?
Original post by amberuniverse
I thought that there isn't enough material on how research into attachment has influenced childcare practices for it to come up as a 12 marker?

There is enough information I did the essay recently

I suggest we make a kik group for psychology and send each other pictures of the work we've done!
And help with what we don't

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending