The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes.
Same as any other degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's a pretty good degree tbh.
No.

However the problem with psychology is many students going into assuming they will become psychologists (generally clinical). Only a tiny percentage actually will.
Reply 5
Original post by Quantex
No.

However the problem with psychology is many students going into assuming they will become psychologists (generally clinical). Only a tiny percentage actually will.

This is why I'm asking. I was absolutely sure I wanted to do clinical at the time, but now I'm not so sure. Seeing where it stands as a degree in general :confused:
do a stem degree
Reply 7
Anything non-STEM is.
Reply 8
Original post by James E Walker
do a stem degree

I'm in first year psychology
Reply 9
Original post by ubisoft
Anything non-STEM is.

lol ok
It's alright. Depends on the uni really. If you go to a poor uni, then the degree really has little worth. All degrees have worth if you find the subject stimulating, though.
Original post by thisone2
I'm in first year psychology

which uni
Reply 12
lol ok

Why did you ask the question if you were going to be offended by the truth?
Reply 13
Original post by ubisoft
Why did you ask the question if you were going to be offended by the truth?

Like I said, you need an accredited Psychology degree to become a psychologist. So your post isn't entirely true, hence the lol ok.
Reply 14
Original post by James E Walker
which uni

Uni of Leeds
This is why I'm asking. I was absolutely sure I wanted to do clinical at the time, but now I'm not so sure. Seeing where it stands as a degree in general :confused:

Look at the unistats website and compare it with other degrees at your university. Look at salary after 6 months, work and/or study, and the professional/non-professinal job percentages. That should give you an idea.

Beyond people who use the degree to get into something psychology related, I view it as just another generic degree. No worse or no better than a lot of other degrees.
Reply 16
Like I said, you need an accredited Psychology degree to become a psychologist. So your post isn't entirely true, hence the lol ok.

What does that have to do with it being 'micky mouse'?
Reply 17
Original post by ubisoft
What does that have to do with it being 'micky mouse'?

It means if you go into a psychology related field with it, it's not mickey mouse.
Reply 18
I don't know but I don't regard a degree in psychology to be good. A STEM degree is what I define as good.
Pretty sure psychology is stem.

Science - it's an abstraction layer above biology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending