The Student Room Group

AQA Economics AS May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I hope to god a policies question comes up in the easy because they are so much easier normally
Reply 61
Hi everyone! Hope revision is going well for you all :smile:

If anyone's interested, my teacher gave me 25/25 for a 25-marker I did from the ECON2 June 2013 paper (context 1), related to difficulties with the government attempting to boost the growth of the UK economy. He is a very harsh marker, and he used it for his year 13 class also :redface:

I have it as a word document (graphs included) would anyone like it?
Original post by Kiytt

If anyone's interested, my teacher gave me 25/25 for a 25-marker I did from the ECON2 June 2013 paper (context 1), related to difficulties with the government attempting to boost the growth of the UK economy. He is a very harsh marker, and he used it for his year 13 class also :redface:

Yes please! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kiytt

Yes please :smile:
Reply 64
Attaching the file here doesn't seem to work—so I've uploaded it on Google Drive. :tongue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3CIqCJxpwHeUFBMRTNuWU9sLVE/view?usp=sharing
Original post by Kiytt
Attaching the file here doesn't seem to work—so I've uploaded it on Google Drive. :tongue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3CIqCJxpwHeUFBMRTNuWU9sLVE/view?usp=sharing

Cheers for this, did your teacher write this? His ideas didn't see that much higher level than what I could write but the way that it flows is pretty sick :biggrin:
Reply 66
Original post by BBeyond
Cheers for this, did your teacher write this? His ideas didn't see that much higher level than what I could write but the way that it flows is pretty sick :biggrin:

I wrote it :rolleyes: I do English so I suppose it's my forte.
Original post by Kiytt
I wrote it :rolleyes: I do English so I suppose it's my forte.

Oh wow man that is awesome! Yeah I can tell, it all just flowed like 10x better than my attempts xD
Reply 68
Original post by BBeyond
Oh wow man that is awesome! Yeah I can tell, it all just flowed like 10x better than my attempts xD

Aw, thank you! :tongue:

My English teacher is super harsh whilst marking our essays, so that plays a part too.

I don't think QWC matters all too much for the exams though, so don't worry too much. Legible handwriting is the bare minimum!
Original post by Kiytt
Aw, thank you! :tongue:

My English teacher is super harsh whilst marking our essays, so that plays a part too.

I don't think QWC matters all too much for the exams though, so don't worry too much. Legible handwriting is the bare minimum!

Np :tongue:

Yeah that's a good thing! You'll do much better in the exam than you think that way :biggrin:

Hopefully, my 25 markers tend to be a bit all over the place with tiny diagrams drawn around the paper :tongue: I tend to go for the write more rather than write neat tactic, so yeah my handwriting is borderline legible :wink:
Reply 70
Original post by BBeyond
Np :tongue:

Yeah that's a good thing! You'll do much better in the exam than you think that way :biggrin:

Hopefully, my 25 markers tend to be a bit all over the place with tiny diagrams drawn around the paper :tongue: I tend to go for the write more rather than write neat tactic, so yeah my handwriting is borderline legible :wink:

My economics teacher went to a conference with AQA and they stated that they really prefer large graphs (8cm x 8cm minimum), and that they should be in the middle of the page.

My teacher actually refused to mark our work if our graphs were smaller than that!

But yeah, it's good that you're able to write a lot, given how little time there is :s-smilie:
Original post by Kiytt
My economics teacher went to a conference with AQA and they stated that they really prefer large graphs (8cm x 8cm minimum), and that they should be in the middle of the page.

My teacher actually refused to mark our work if our graphs were smaller than that!

But yeah, it's good that you're able to write a lot, given how little time there is :s-smilie:

Oh I should probs draw mine like 10x bigger than :tongue: Apparently graphs drawn in pen are ignored as well? Seems BS to me though

Kinda wish mine did that, I'll probs forget now in the real exam aha

Yeah speed is my thing, my 25 markers are normally 6-8 sides depending on how long I leave myself
Reply 72
Original post by BBeyond
Oh I should probs draw mine like 10x bigger than :tongue: Apparently graphs drawn in pen are ignored as well? Seems BS to me though

Kinda wish mine did that, I'll probs forget now in the real exam aha

Yeah speed is my thing, my 25 markers are normally 6-8 sides depending on how long I leave myself

6-8 sides?!? Mine barely reach 3 most of the time, including diagrams, and my handwriting isn't tiny. I'm getting quite stressed about econ now... :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
6-8 sides?!? Mine barely reach 3 most of the time, including diagrams, and my handwriting isn't tiny. I'm getting quite stressed about econ now... :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah :colondollar: I wouldn't worry about it tbh 3 pages is plenty but I'm a pretty fast writer and like to waffle a lot, also I normally have a full hour for my 25 marker so that helps :tongue:
Reply 74
Original post by BBeyond
Yeah :colondollar: I wouldn't worry about it tbh 3 pages is plenty but I'm a pretty fast writer and like to waffle a lot, also I normally have a full hour for my 25 marker so that helps :tongue:

I normally write like 3-4 sides in my essays and one of my teacher says that I need to write less so I can evaluate more :O I dunno how you can write so much but still be so thorough and evaluative.
Reply 75
Original post by BBeyond

You can do all the multiple-choice and 5/8/12-markers in 15 minutes?!
Original post by Kiytt
You can do all the multiple-choice and 5/8/12-markers in 15 minutes?!

MC takes 10 mins, 5,8 take 1 min for both then 4 mins for 12 marker usually

Original post by ozzie2
I normally write like 3-4 sides in my essays and one of my teacher says that I need to write less so I can evaluate more :O I dunno how you can write so much but still be so thorough and evaluative.

I evaluate in every paragraph so it's not usually a problem for me :tongue:
Reply 77
Original post by BBeyond
MC takes 10 mins, 5,8 take 1 min for both then 4 mins for 12 marker usually

Teach me your waaaays....
Original post by Kiytt
Teach me your waaaays....

ayy you can't have it both ways, you're either fast or legible/have a cohesive essay :tongue:
Rush through the multiple choice and 5 marker, 8 marker and 12 marker- these are very formulaic. Just make sure you include your key components (diagram and examples for 5 marker; definitions, examples and diagram for 12 marker)

Make sure you structure your 25 mark essay effectively and give yourself plenty of time!

Tom (IDK-tuition.com, free economics videos and online resources)

Quick Reply

Latest