The Student Room Group

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2/5

Scroll to see replies

Complete disrespect to Paq by the interviewer there, though he is a bit bitter.
Reply 401
Pacman is salty lool
Original post by MichuAtDeGeaBa
Complete disrespect to Paq by the interviewer there, though he is a bit bitter.

He's asking questions. In all sports, we want to know the answers, otherwise the interviews are pointless, which mostly they are with obvious questions getting more obvious generic safe answers. Interviewer is earning his money.
Also funny how the casual cretins are complaining as if they were actually interested in boxing in the first place
Reply 404
Mayweather never goes for KO it was obvious he would win by decision
Feel for Manny. Floyd, to his credit, took the fight away early on. Manny looked demoralised early on and despite a few rounds success, Floyd was excellent. Always took a step back before MP threw to increase the distance, rolled well when needed to and Manny's punches never caused him major problems. Class.

Felt for Manny getting ambushed in his post fight interview by that HBO guy, it could be the end for Manny.
Haha **** off pacquio you were never gonna be a match for floyd.
You never turned up and floyd **** all over you.
well that was a crap fight

Mayweather just too good, Pacquiao just couldn't get near him, felt he was being too hesitant with his punches all night as well

gave up watching the interview, stream just got worse :/ i didn't even see Mayweather get the decision it paused right before it lol
(edited 8 years ago)
[video]https://www.facebook.com/bewarmers/videos/709978765779234/[/video]

that's pretty much what i just watched
(edited 8 years ago)
Unlucky pacman
Original post by trrr
Technical masterclass. I thought it was an enthralling fight. It was never going to be an aesthetically pleasing fight in the eyes of a casual.

This. At least someone understands what went down. It was pure technical boxing at its best. Any true boxing fan would have loved that performance.

Original post by bittr n swt
Haha **** off pacquio you were never gonna be a match for floyd.
You never turned up and floyd **** all over you.

Exactly. The fact people thought Pacquiao had a chance against someone as great as Mayweather is hilarious. However, I'm glad Floyd took the fight, put on an exhibition and made it look easy just to shut up all the Pacquiao fans once and for all.
Manny pls why :frown:
Original post by MichuAtDeGeaBa
Also funny how the casual cretins are complaining as if they were actually interested in boxing in the first place

The 'casual' shtick is old in all sports, hobbies etc.

In reality, the boxing scene will be disappointed, because you want these fights to pick up a bunch of new fans. It's a rare chance to mass-advertise, which is why they earn ridiculous money for 12 rounds. So when it's boring, the reaction from up top, rightly so, isn't "lol casual haters, dey not hardcore", it's "what can we do to keep more fans?", especially now MMA has taken off and stolen a LOT of fans and made new ones to fighting in one go.

You pick up the 'casual' fans, and some of those will come to enjoy the tactical side, suddenly none of them are casual any more. Casual/hardcore labelling is a silly attempt at self-boosting.
(edited 8 years ago)
To be fair though floyd was being so defensive but he's a tactical genius. Just like Mourinho haha
Reply 414
Mayweather (rightly) winning is why boxing is losing.
Reply 415
Rematch in September
Original post by ozzyoscy
The 'casual' shtick is old in all sports, hobbies etc.

In reality, the boxing scene will be disappointed, because you want these fights to pick up a bunch of new fans. It's a rare chance to mass-advertise, which is why they earn ridiculous money for 12 rounds. So when it's boring, the reaction from up top, rightly so, isn't "lol casual haters, dey not hardcore", it's "what can we do to keep more fans?", especially now MMA has taken off and stolen a LOT of fans and made new ones to fighting in one go.

You pick up the 'casual' fans, and some of those will come to enjoy the tactical side, suddenly none of them are casual any more. It's a silly attempt at self-boosting.

Man, I would rep this twice if I could. This whole "ur a casual lol, fk off" wards people off and nobody comes into a sport knowing everything there is to know, you grow into it
Reply 417
To be fair though floyd was being so defensive but he's a tactical genius. Just like Mourinho haha

Mourinho ain't no tactical genius he lost to 10 man PSG
Floyd is too good.

If your saying he doesn't deserve to win you probably don't watch boxing, or your delusional.

Haha I was going to make the Chelsea comparison, but I legit felt it was unfair to Chelsea this season.

Quick Reply

Latest