The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Can people stop cheating on the EMPA or ISA? That's not what this thread was made for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys,
I have been thinking about this question for a while now and I still haven't found an answer to it. Can anybody help me with it please?

Can two capacitors discharge and charge simultaneously in a circuit? For example while one discharges the other charges? If so, can any body suggest an structure of the circuit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1162
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Hi Guys,
I have been thinking about this question for a while now and I still haven't found an answer to it. Can anybody help me with it please?

Can two capacitors discharge and charge simultaneously in a circuit? For example while one discharges the other charges? If so, can any body suggest an structure of the circuit?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=884LWfnRDLY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, that was also helpful. In this case as one capacitor discharges the other charges until the potential difference across both capacitors is the same. I was wondering if one capacitor could discharge in a way that as it charges the other capacitor the final potential difference across the discharged capacitor would be less that the final potential difference across the charged capacitor, at the point which the charged capacitor starts to lose energy through the resistors and the wires, causing its potential difference to drop (after it reached its peak).
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1164
Thank you, that was also helpful. In this case as one capacitor discharges the other charges until the potential difference across both capacitors is the same. I was wondering if one capacitor could discharge in a way that as it charges the other capacitor the final potential difference across the discharged capacitor would be less that the final potential difference across the charged capacitor, at the point which the charged capacitor starts to lose energy through the resistors and the wires, causing its potential difference to drop (after it reached its peak).
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I don't follow. Can you draw it out or something please?
Original post by CD223
Sorry, I don't follow. Can you draw it out or something please?

Oh sorry, of course.ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430644058.101797.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1166
Oh sorry, of course.ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430644058.101797.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I must say, I don't know the reason behind it producing that curve, but I think it's best we don't talk about it, for reasons I've already stated on this thread, so it doesn't get shut down.

Thanks for your understanding.
Original post by CD223
I must say, I don't know the reason behind it producing that curve, but I think it's best we don't talk about it, for reasons I've already stated on this thread, so it doesn't get shut down.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sure, and sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1168
Sure, and sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about it! How's your revision going?
Original post by CD223
Don't worry about it! How's your revision going?

It's going ok, there is a lot to revise for. How's yours going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1170
It's going ok, there is a lot to revise for. How's yours going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. Struggling to prioritise haha!
Original post by CD223
Same. Struggling to prioritise haha!

True, we've got to sacrifice some

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone done PHY6T?
Understand that we're not supposed to talk about the ISA's but where's the best place to prepare for such?
Here you go guys, june 14 ISA as AQA is still reluctant to reveal them.make use of the teacher's notes
ISA P june 14;
thanks, difference between P and Q?
Original post by MichuAtDeGeaBa
thanks, difference between P and Q?

No worries.
I really don't know the systematic difference but i think they only differ in topics assessed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1178
Can anyone go over what we need to know for motors and generators? The revision guide is incredibly brief.

Also, when does back EMF apply?
Is there any chance an unofficial mark scheme will be posted after the deadline?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending