The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mans going to be in for a shock when he plays us:

Tim Sherwood, Arsenal fan

Aston Villa: Fabian Delph best midfielder in country - Sherwood

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood says Fabian Delph is the Premier League's best midfielder on current form.
England international Delph, 25, has played a key role in Villa's upturn in fortunes under Sherwood and impressed during Saturday's 3-2 win over Everton.

"I don't want to go over the top, but Fabian Delph - there's not a better midfielder in the country at the moment," said Sherwood, 46.
hoping for 2 upsets today..

Would be nice to see chelsea win the title against liverpool... so I would rather they dont win today..

And if spurs can get anything against city, then they will bassically hand us 2nd on a plate.
Harry Kane will batter City
(and give his rivals 2nd on a plate :wink:)
3rd all but guaranteed is lovely, we're unlikely to drop 5 points from here with 3 home games, an away day against a bottom half team and united. We'll drop points to united but a draw there wouldn't be shocking.

They have 2 away games and us anyway so they're bound to drop more points anyway.

City are tough to predict, playing 6th to 8th with 2 away is no easy feat although QPR at home is a definite 3 points. I could see them winning all 4 games tbh at best only dropping 2 points.

13 points and retain the FA Cup is the minimum expectation from here. If we manage that then we can say there's been some progress this season and with the right summer signings would launch is into next season on the right foot
Original post by leinad2012
3rd all but guaranteed is lovely, we're unlikely to drop 5 points from here with 3 home games, an away day against a bottom half team and united. We'll drop points to united but a draw there wouldn't be shocking.

They have 2 away games and us anyway so they're bound to drop more points anyway.

City are tough to predict, playing 6th to 8th with 2 away is no easy feat although QPR at home is a definite 3 points. I could see them winning all 4 games tbh at best only dropping 2 points.

13 points and retain the FA Cup is the minimum expectation from here. If we manage that then we can say there's been some progress this season and with the right summer signings would launch is into next season on the right foot

I hope City destroy Spurs like last time lol.
If we dont win the Cup the season will be a write off regardless of finishing 2nd

agree :smile:
Original post by al_94
I hope City destroy Spurs like last time lol.

why? its better for arsenal if city drop points?

Spurs have alraedy lost it this season, no benifit to us if they loose
Original post by fallen_acorns
why? its better for arsenal if city drop points?

Spurs have alraedy lost it this season, no benifit to us if they loose

You can't tell me that match last time wasn't entertaining. One of the best of the year in my opinion. I always want Spurs to lose and if City win we still can come 2nd anyway as long as we don't lose a game.
Reply 8789
Original post by al_94
Birmingham fans lol

What a prick. These are the type of people you take the piss out of for jokes. Makes me cringe when I see that's his actual personality. Imagine him proposing..

"YOOOO BLAD! YOU KNOW US MAN BEEN DOIN A TING FOR A WHILE NOW INIT. YOU WANNA MAKE DIS **** LEGIT OR WHAT, AH **** AH **** I DIDN'T MEAN TO SWEAR INIT. STILL DOE YOU WNA BE MY WIFEY OR NOT BLAD"
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8790
Seriously though, we have Campbell, Sanogo and Podolski returning in the summer. I don't know why but I don't see Wenger getting rid of all three - maybe Campbell.

Ideally all should go to free up wages so we can go for Lacazette.

Watch our signings be completely random, non of these rumours will end up actually happening imo.
Reply 8791
Hope the City game is a draw tbh, that should sure up second for us even if we lose at OT.

That way we don't see the scum winning either.
Original post by SA-1
What a prick. These are the type of people you take the piss out of for jokes. Makes me cringe when I see that's his actual personality. Imagine him proposing..

"YOOOO BLAD! YOU KNOW US MAN BEEN DOIN A TING FOR A WHILE NOW INIT. YOU WANNA MAKE DIS **** LEGIT OR WHAT, AH **** AH **** I DIDN'T MEAN TO SWEAR INIT. STILL DOE YOU WNA BE MY WIFEY OR NOT BLAD"

Lol the fool asked them to take the video down it's no longer on their official channel
Original post by SA-1
Seriously though, we have Campbell, Sanogo and Podolski returning in the summer. I don't know why but I don't see Wenger getting rid of all three - maybe Campbell.

Ideally all should go to free up wages so we can go for Lacazette.

Watch our signings be completely random, non of these rumours will end up actually happening imo.

if it was up to me:

sanogo - loan
Podolski - sell
Campbel - sell/loan

Podolski is on big wages, and although he is usefull, its just not worth it. would be happy to get rid. - free up 75k from our wages.

The other two I am less bothered by. I dont think sanogo has any sale value really.. but then we did get him for a free.. would not mind if we can loan him out to another PL club for a full season..

Campbell, I had a lot of hope for this season, after his world cup performances :frown: but he has just had a terrible season for both arsenal, and on his loan... I still feel he has potential, but there is no point in him being at arsenal next year, as he wont get the time, just like this year.. so he may as well go on loan or be sold.. he has more value then sanogo, so maybe a sale
Reply 8794

Agree completely.

Can't see united winning at palace and as long as we can avoid the CL qualifier I'll be happy tbh. Some signings actually depend on CL football and it'll be good to not have to wait till then.

Having said that, second isn't out the question either and and we're in the stronger position to finish there, especially if city draw today. Shouldn't we earn more money from that anyway? Would obviously much rather see us finish second and win the FA cup.
Reply 8795
Original post by fallen_acorns
if it was up to me:

sanogo - loan
Podolski - sell
Campbel - sell/loan

Podolski is on big wages, and although he is usefull, its just not worth it. would be happy to get rid. - free up 75k from our wages.

The other two I am less bothered by. I dont think sanogo has any sale value really.. but then we did get him for a free.. would not mind if we can loan him out to another PL club for a full season..

Campbell, I had a lot of hope for this season, after his world cup performances :frown: but he has just had a terrible season for both arsenal, and on his loan... I still feel he has potential, but there is no point in him being at arsenal next year, as he wont get the time, just like this year.. so he may as well go on loan or be sold.. he has more value then sanogo, so maybe a sale

Yeah I would happily keep Poldi but on a smaller wage bill. Isn't his pay closer to the £100k mark? Regardless of his consistency, his left foot is still one of the best around and he can be a game changer when he comes on. With our injury problems easing though, would he even make the bench?

I really didn't understand why Campbell didn't go to a PL side? He would have developed a lot better here, would have gotten used to the physicality of the PL and then we would have been in a pole position to know for sure if he was good enough to be at Arsenal. If not, I'm sure we would have been able to sell him, probably to the club he would have been on loan with. Palace seemed perfect for him.
Original post by SA-1
Yeah I would happily keep Poldi but on a smaller wage bill. Isn't his pay closer to the £100k mark? Regardless of his consistency, his left foot is still one of the best around and he can be a game changer when he comes on. With our injury problems easing though, would he even make the bench?

I really didn't understand why Campbell didn't go to a PL side? He would have developed a lot better here, would have gotten used to the physicality of the PL and then we would have been in a pole position to know for sure if he was good enough to be at Arsenal. If not, I'm sure we would have been able to sell him, probably to the club he would have been on loan with. Palace seemed perfect for him.

Forget about Poldi and Campbell they are not up to the standard to play for this football club. If we want to compete for the PL and CL we're going to need better players than that.
Reply 8797
Original post by al_94
Forget about Poldi and Campbell they are not up to the standard to play for this football club. If we want to compete for the PL and CL we're going to need better players than that.

Yeah I was just thinking about this.

We have some mediocre players, a lot of good players and some WC players.

You look at the more successful teams in Europe, and they have almost no mediocre players, some good players and a lot of WC players. Pretty obvious, but I feel like we do need to get rid of some mediocre players like Sanogo, Campbell and get in a WC player or two.
Need to be careful with Podolski, obviously he should be sold but we could end up flogging him for nothing when he's worth about £7m. I'm guessing he's out of contract next season however and he hasnt done anything recently so might be tough...
I did not realise he was still 29 - genuinly thought he was in his early 30s.

should be able to get something for a 29 year old with his record, he would do a great job at a lower club in a slower league

Latest