The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
I can't believe Oyston's got rid of the statute from outside Bloomfield Road because the Blackpool fans were planning a protest there.

Almost as bad as erecting a Michael Jackson statue.

Wasn't even a protest they were planning was it? Thought it was a special anniversary of that fa cup final and they'd planned a tribute - laying wreathes and the like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by barnetlad
I would not have the game replayed.

I would not have a convicted sex offender allowed anywhere near a football club either. As Owen Oyston is.

The game won't be replayed. It'll be a 3-0 win to Huddersfield and a possible fine/points deduction for Blackpool.
Original post by sr90
The game won't be replayed. It'll be a 3-0 win to Huddersfield and a possible fine/points deduction for Blackpool.

A points deduction delivered next season surely. Maybe another excuse for Oyston to sue somebody.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
A points deduction delivered next season surely. Maybe another excuse for Oyston to sue somebody.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's probably got a team looking through the CCTV footage as we speak, looking for people to sue :lol: The people who stormed the Directors box can hardly complain if they're caught and charged, but those who just demonstrated peacefully on the pitch will be fine. I saw the police statement and it was worded as if they were sticking two fingers up at the Oystons.

Milton Keynes are going up to the Championship as it stands!
We do our bit to help out everyone by missing a penalty, Gillingham miss an open goal against Notts Co and Swindon let Orient have a goal and a man advantage. Jangrafess please take Proschwitz back at half time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mk doing their job, I would prefer Preston to go up but I want Colchester to stay up too. Dilemma.

We do our bit to help out everyone by missing a penalty, Gillingham miss an open goal against Notts Co and Swindon let Orient have a goal and a man advantage. Jangrafess please take Proschwitz back at half time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nick Prolific. You should be fine though, what a great season for your lot!
Original post by hskjlclcn

Nick Prolific. You should be fine though, what a great season for your lot!

Really it has been one to remember. The player we released on a free has led MK Dons to promotion, we lost at home to a Conference North team and got doubled by Crewe. Oh and nobody in our team managed 10 goals.

I thought nothing could beat Sixfields, I was wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Useless bunch of ****ing losers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mk doing their job, I would prefer Preston to go up but I want Colchester to stay up too. Dilemma.

Ditto tbh - I don't mind Colchester; can't explain why but I quite like them, but at the same time I like Larry Grayson and any success for FC Franchise is a kick in the face for football, since it means longer until AFC Wimbledon pass them on the ladder and justice is done.
Jesus wept we cut it fine, but all that matters is we did it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glad that Colchester stayed up. They played very well today.

Notts County, Crawley and Leyton Orient relegated. Milton Keynes finally go up to the Championship.
congrats to bristol city :biggrin: won the league, and ended in style: 8-2

I have never had a connection to them personally - as none of my family/friends followed them, and by the time I started watching football, I had left the southwest and was living in london.

One day though, when me and my wife stop jumping locations (have gone london, liverpool, now china etc) - and we finally settle down in bristol for good.. I would like to develop a local to my nearest connection to the club, and have somewhere to take the kids when they are old enough.
Doesn't feel right to Congratulate MK, but thanks for Unleashing Afobe.

Well done Colchester too, looked like some good talents there. Playoff bottlers Preston & Sheffield Utd both in there, what a nervy final that would be!
Playoffs
Championship:

Brentford-Boro (8th & 15th)
Ipswich-Norwich (9th & 16th)

League One:
Chesterfield-Preston (7th & 10th)
Sheffield Utd-Swindon (7th & 11th)

League Two:
Plymouth v Wycombe (9th & 14th)
Stevenage v Southend (10th & 14th)
As a Norwich fan, I'm dissapointed that we didn't make automatic, but at the same time from where we were at the start of the year it's been quite an achievement to finish 3rd and be only 3 points off automatic. Alex Neil has worked wonders, and it took a brilliant run to get this far, plus some luck in terms of Derby's collapse and a few slips by other sides. I think a big job for the board will be keeping him in the summer, and whatever happens I look forward to seeing what he can do with a full year in charge. We might even get a cup run for a change, with our poor cup performance being a big part of our general standing (particularly the number of times a lower placed team has knocked us out, sometimes quite spectacularly).
Playoffs
Championship:

Brentford-Boro (8th & 15th)
Ipswich-Norwich (9th & 16th)

League One:
Chesterfield-Preston (7th & 10th)
Sheffield Utd-Swindon (7th & 11th)

League Two:
Plymouth v Wycombe (9th & 14th)
Stevenage v Southend (10th & 14th)

I'd hope that PNE make it up seeing how far ahead of the rest they finished.
Preston has statistically the worst record out of the 72 in playoffs.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Preston has statistically the worst record out of the 72 in playoffs.

Well we've never made one so they must be better than us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really it has been one to remember. The player we released on a free has led MK Dons to promotion, we lost at home to a Conference North team and got doubled by Crewe. Oh and nobody in our team managed 10 goals.

I thought nothing could beat Sixfields, I was wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the existence of the club hung by a thread today as at one point one goal for Crewe and we would have been in the bottom four with 20 minutes or so left. This season was terrible and hopefully Mowbray stays as the whole team needs a major rebuild. Can't help feeling happy for Baker/Wilson though as any good players we have do better away from this crumbling mess. The club can't survive in league one and what they're going to do with the seating in the ground next season will just put fans off even more.
I'd hope that PNE make it up seeing how far ahead of the rest they finished.

I'd be surprised if they didn't go up, yes they have an awful playoff record but so do Sheff Utd. They're the best team in there for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest