The Student Room Group

st olaves sixth form exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MutoSiko
cool! what are you taking?

I am taking physics,chemistry,biology and maths
Kinda wanted to know how well i did in each subject as percentage or something but all that matters is that i got in :wink:
Original post by adapttochangelad
I am taking physics,chemistry,biology and maths
Kinda wanted to know how well i did in each subject as percentage or something but all that matters is that i got in :wink:

Same! I'm doing the same subjects and only received my letter today... So happy I got in though! Definitely my number 1 choice! What other schools did you all apply to?
Original post by RiseRiot
Same! I'm doing the same subjects and only received my letter today... So happy I got in though! Definitely my number 1 choice! What other schools did you all apply to?

Oh I am so happy you got in;']:smile::biggrin:
Original post by germanshepherd_
Oh I am so happy you got in;']:smile::biggrin:

Haha thanks! :smile: I'm happy you got in too! :biggrin:
Original post by RiseRiot
Haha thanks! :smile: I'm happy you got in too! :biggrin:

Thank you:colondollar:
Thank you:colondollar:

You're Welcome! :biggrin:
For the people who didn't get. Can they still re apply on results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr Cobbold
For the people who didn't get. Can they still re apply on results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think you can. I know some people in my year that did. Just approach them with your results and they should consider you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol i go to olaves and im in YR11 rn. I'll give you one clue. Im black. So basically i can answer any questions anyone has. I'm taking Double Maths and Physics... (im anon. so no more subjects revealed hehe) :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by bant_bus
Lol i go to olaves and im in YR11 rn. I'll give you one clue. Im black. So basically i can answer any questions anyone has. I'm taking Double Maths and Physics... (im anon. so no more subjects revealed hehe) :wink:

Do you like going to St Olaves? Like honest opinions; which there have been on this thread but I need it from the perspective of a yr 11 boy who has, presumably, been going there for the past 5 yrs. :smile:

I am going there in September 2015;']
Do you like going to St Olaves? Like honest opinions; which there have been on this thread but I need it from the perspective of a yr 11 boy who has, presumably, been going there for the past 5 yrs. :smile:

I am going there in September 2015;']

Yes actually, I like it quite a lot. There's a decent amount of sport, pretty multi-cultural (headmasters like to brag about this but it makes school more interesting), and most of the teachers are brilliant. They will literally always have time if you need help outside lessons. Also there's a lot of bant and we're quite friendly so I predicts you'll be integrated into our circles in no time :wink:. Oh yeah the headmasters an elitist and half the teachers secretly despise him haha.

What subjects are you doing?
Yes actually, I like it quite a lot. There's a decent amount of sport, pretty multi-cultural (headmasters like to brag about this but it makes school more interesting), and most of the teachers are brilliant. They will literally always have time if you need help outside lessons. Also there's a lot of bant and we're quite friendly so I predicts you'll be integrated into our circles in no time :wink:. Oh yeah the headmasters an elitist and half the teachers secretly despise him haha.

What subjects are you doing?

Ohh that's good. I'm really glad you said this and this school does seem very cool to me. I can't wait to go. Err, I am taking Double Maths, Physics, Chemistry and History. But, I hope to change History to Economics. Wbu?
(edited 8 years ago)
Ohh that's good. I'm really glad you said this and this school does seem very cool to me. I can't wait to go. Err, I am taking Double Maths, Physics, Chemistry and History. But, I hope to change History to Economics. Wbu?

Maths (hoping to change to double), Chemistry, Physics and D.T :wings:
Maths (hoping to change to double), Chemistry, Physics and D.T :wings:

Ohhh, wow we are doing nearly the same thing, and yh, I am also hoping to change maths, to double too :biggrin:. I was thinking of taking DT, but I do Textiles in my School, which is different to product design. That's why I was reluctant to take it because of the huge difference. But hey ho, it doesn't matter. So, what are you planning to study at Uni?Engineering?
Ohhh, wow we are doing nearly the same thing, and yh, I am also hoping to change maths, to double too :biggrin:. I was thinking of taking DT, but I do Textiles in my School, which is different to product design. That's why I was reluctant to take it because of the huge difference. But hey ho, it doesn't matter. So, what are you planning to study at Uni?Engineering?

Yeahh, hoping to do Mechanical Engineering and I did Arkwright.:smile: Yeah Resistant Materials probably is a quite a big leap from Textiles. Not exactly sure about textiles, but RMaterials is pretty easy to learn. What about you?
Yeahh, hoping to do Mechanical Engineering and I did Arkwright.:smile: Yeah Resistant Materials probably is a quite a big leap from Textiles. Not exactly sure about textiles, but RMaterials is pretty easy to learn. What about you?

Yh Engineering too. But, I am leaning towards Chemical Engineering more. And ooh, Arkwright that is absolutely amazing. Well done~! It will definitely help you get a place at uni, especially for engineering too. RM does sound easy to learn, but looking at the spec and some pastpapers, its too much of a difference from ordinary RM GCSE, let alone Textiles. But, hey its okay and I am sure it will be fun.

Hey, did you receive like an application back this week, it was thick and had lots of information to be filled out? And how is GCSE revision going? When is your first exam?

:biggrin:
Yh Engineering too. But, I am leaning towards Chemical Engineering more. And ooh, Arkwright that is absolutely amazing. Well done~! It will definitely help you get a place at uni, especially for engineering too. RM does sound easy to learn, but looking at the spec and some pastpapers, its too much of a difference from ordinary RM GCSE, let alone Textiles. But, hey its okay and I am sure it will be fun.

Hey, did you receive like an application back this week, it was thick and had lots of information to be filled out? And how is GCSE revision going? When is your first exam?

:biggrin:

Oh wow Chemical Engineering seems pretty hard tbh. But yeah I haven't fully got Arkwright yet haha. I've only passed 2 stages so far so I'm awaiting a reply for early July. Nope, no application hmmm. First exam tomorrow is Biology which isn't too hard so :smile::smile: Revisions going well, wbu?
And good luck!
Oh wow Chemical Engineering seems pretty hard tbh. But yeah I haven't fully got Arkwright yet haha. I've only passed 2 stages so far so I'm awaiting a reply for early July. Nope, no application hmmm. First exam tomorrow is Biology which isn't too hard so :smile::smile: Revisions going well, wbu?And good luck!

Hey I know, but its okay. I always fancied a challenge~!:colondollar: And I am sure you will get the Arkwright, with you intellectual capacity, I am sure that you will be totally fine. :biggrin: And strange that you don't have an application, but you go there already, so they would have your details. And good luck on your Biology paper, you will ace it. I had my first exam today actually - Re and it was much better than expected. I am glad that revision is going well, keep it up. My revision is alright - just need to push myself more.
Original post by mliela
Nah. I know someone who gets really excited about exams. I'm currently in year twelve at olaves so I did the test last year. I do double maths, biology, chemistry and economics. Are you a medic by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what sort of questions did they ask in the maths and economics paper?? please :smile:

what sorts of questions dis they ask in economic entrance exam?? help please !!

Quick Reply

Latest