The Student Room Group

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2/5

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;g4fBMv6-xiM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4fBMv6-xiM&app=desktop[/video]

Broner and Khan calling each other out after the fight. :rofl:
Original post by André 3000
[video="youtube;g4fBMv6-xiM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4fBMv6-xiM&app=desktop[/video]

Broner and Khan calling each other out after the fight. :rofl:

Shame that Haymon's protecting them both. Want to see them both in more competitive fights.
Will happily stay up to watch Khan/Broner but all talk, can't really see Khan cancelling for Broner as it's rare that happens.

But Floyd a deserved winner - he was comfortable and Manny just could not adjust or do anything. I was disappointed about his lack of footwork or even attempting to try and unsettle Floyd in anyway. Half way stage, I think he just gave up. Not ideal that he's talking of injuries post-fight. If that was Floyd (and IIRC David Haye) got hammered for talking of injury post-fight. Should have avoided those comments.

Mayweather giving up his belts suggest his last fight won't be about prestige so that rules out Brook (not that he had that big a chance tbf) so Khan has to decide whether he might be willing to take the September fight at short notice from a preparation POV with Ramadhan in June time. But see Floyd taking on Cotto possibly.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
I decided not to watch MayPac but it couldn't have been worse than Bellew-Cleverly. Cleverly gassed after about 6 rounds not that his work rate was that high and despite that Bellew didn't have the skill and/or power at 200lb to get rid of a guy who only just about had the energy to get hit in the face and was fighting with one arm the entire fight.

I genuinely enjoyed Bellew and Cleverly more.
Don't think Floyd-Cotto will happen, Haymon and Jay-Z have beef. Thurman and Danny Garcia seem most likely right now, unless Khan changes his tune about fighting in September.

Original post by Mackay
I genuinely enjoyed Bellew and Cleverly more.

Lol Eddie is that you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
Pacquio is not in his prime. Personally speaking, this fight should have happened in 2009/10. Additionally, respect to mayweather for what he has done, but Pacquio was injured and not the Pacquio of old, and i think for an attacker like Pac-man you need to be younger and more in your prime.

Not to take anything away from mayweather who would have made it harder for him even if he was in his prime by evading and running away with his great defense, but this fight should have happened when paquio was in his prime.

I second that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Depends on whether Mayweather will be willing to push the date a couple months back so Khan can prepare for the fight. Will be a good fight imo.
Thurman will easily take Garcia and Hearn's not helping Brook in any way by picking **** opponents for him. He's a quality fighter, put him in the deep end to prove he;s got what it takes to battle with the big boys.
If Mayweather vs Khan doesn't happen then him vs Broner will be good. Khan will take him though.
Original post by Rk2k14
Depends on whether Mayweather will be willing to push the date a couple months back so Khan can prepare for the fight. Will be a good fight imo.
Thurman will easily take Garcia and Hearn's not helping Brook in any way by picking **** opponents for him. He's a quality fighter, put him in the deep end to prove he;s got what it takes to battle with the big boys.
If Mayweather vs Khan doesn't happen then him vs Broner will be good. Khan will take him though.

Floyd won't budge off his September date. I meant Thurman and Garcia are most likely for Floyd, not each other.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Floyd won't budge off his September date. I meant Thurman and Garcia are most likely for Floyd, not each other.

Well Ramadan finishes halfway through July so if Mayweather and Khan are willing to fight at the end of September then it could happen. Would be the most interesting fight of it were to happen.
Garcia is the only one worth watching now against Floyd. He has the one punch power to cause Floyd problems as Mosley did and the grit and heart to stay in the fight for the distance. He is not that fast and Floyd will control the fight but with Garcia's power there is always the chance of something happening. The reality is though, Floyd would still probably make light work of him and he's probably the best up and coming fighter there is. I honestly can't see Khan being anything of a problem for Floyd as some suggest. Khan does not have the boxing intelligence to stick to a game plan and if you put him in the ring with the greatest boxing technician currently out there who can adapt mid fight, he is going to get exposed big time.
Original post by Rk2k14
Well Ramadan finishes halfway through July so if Mayweather and Khan are willing to fight at the end of September then it could happen. Would be the most interesting fight of it were to happen.

Mid-September it'll be, Mexican Independence Weekend.

Garcia is the only one worth watching now against Floyd. He has the one punch power to cause Floyd problems as Mosley did and the grit and heart to stay in the fight for the distance. He is not that fast and Floyd will control the fight but with Garcia's power there is always the chance of something happening. The reality is though, Floyd would still probably make light work of him and he's probably the best up and coming fighter there is. I honestly can't see Khan being anything of a problem for Floyd as some suggest. Khan does not have the boxing intelligence to stick to a game plan and if you put him in the ring with the greatest boxing technician currently out there who can adapt mid fight, he is going to get exposed big time.

Floyd-Garcia would be an absolute stinker. Garcia's power is overrated, he just caught Khan flush. All you have to do is negate his left hook and look how easily Peterson did it. Would be a cake-walk for Floyd. Khan is Floyd's toughest fight at 147.

Garcia won't offer much to be fair. Yeah he has that punch but Floyd will just stay on the outside and counter him. More chance of Garcia being floored as he'll come swinging and get hit with the counter. Not to mention that Floyd can take a punch, he has a solid chin.
Khan might lack the intelligence and experience but his speed can cause anyone problems. If he avoids the mistake Pac made and try to outbox Floyd then like you mention he'll get exposed but if he hits him with short bursts then he could make the fight interesting. Floyd would win, but imo it would be a good fight.
Khan was doing very well against Garcia before he got hot headed and ****** up his game plan.
(edited 8 years ago)
Mid-September it'll be, Mexican Independence Weekend.

Floyd-Garcia would be an absolute stinker. Garcia's power is overrated, he just caught Khan flush. All you have to do is negate his left hook and look how easily Peterson did it. Would be a cake-walk for Floyd. Khan is Floyd's toughest fight at 147.

Just hope something amazing happens and the the fight does go on. Khan might be hated but he is a very good fighter and his speed is incredible. Defence has also improved with Hunter and that cost him in his previous fights.

Lol Eddie is that you?

PRSOM.
Missed most of the fight as my stream died. Turns out i didn't miss much lol
[video="youtube;BNpj03sZkic"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNpj03sZkic[/video]
[video="youtube;_H0gZ04X2kA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H0gZ04X2kA[/video]
How come they not give points for attack but gave handful for defense? Looked like referee were sore looser in real life. I mean floyd was running around ring with elbow poping defense while pacman was throwing punches and punches and still lost the game. That'd some joke there innit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
Ok..

pow.

So it's like this:

Floyd normally wins by UD after all 12. Not that amazing power wise but stylistically he's a legend.
He is defensive, he observes, he is adaptive, he is responsive, he is reactive. I haven't followed since Floyd-Canelo, and since

PACQUIAO LOST TO JMM! Everyone needs to Google that. Pac was out for like over a minute, planking because he got hit so hard!!! :coma:

However, washed up or not,

Pac is a beast, he's fast and aggressive and courageous. Floyd is gonna get hurt for sure but he's also insane like truly out of his mind lol and I feel he'll adapt to Pac's style. Watch Floyd in training; he learns his enemy like the back of his hand. If Pac can drop Cotto, who troubled Mayweather, Pac might just demolish Floyd! :nooo:

Sooo I say...if it all goes expectedly (that Pac keeps landing vicious combos and that Floyd bobs n weaves and beats Pac to the punch and endures all 12 rounds):

Floyd wins by MD after 12 :biggrin:

If it goes unexpectedly, as in, Floyd just can't cope, Pac wins by UD.

I doubt KO.

Possibly a 10 round TKO for either...

Boom. Knew it :gangster:
Virgil Hunter sounds confident that Khan will get Floyd in November/December. Could be possible that Canelo-Cotto will take his September date, so Floyd looks to postpone. Includes a rare Al Haymon sighting.

Original post by kieran101090
How come they not give points for attack but gave handful for defense? Looked like referee were sore looser in real life. I mean floyd was running around ring with elbow poping defense while pacman was throwing punches and punches and still lost the game. That'd some joke there innit!

Well to put it simply, Floyd landed more punches than Manny, so that sort of blows your argument right out of the window.

Quick Reply

Latest