The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maid Marian
Will that actually help? I don't feel very good and I'm in work later too:frown:

it works for me, i felt terrible in work on thursday but i had about a litre and a half of water and it really did help.
Low :sad:
Original post by cupcakes87
bored :lollypop:

Yeah, I couldn't respond to your VM since you've hid yours :redface:
But yeah, its Zhang though, had to change my username since someone at sixth form found out and it was quite embrassing :frown:

You ready for your exams?
My body is aching :sad:
Tired, hungry, lonely, depressed and fed up of everything.
Hungry, bored and something else I can't say on here 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Feraligatr
Yeah, I couldn't respond to your VM since you've hid yours :redface:
But yeah, its Zhang though, had to change my username since someone at sixth form found out and it was quite embrassing :frown:

You ready for your exams?

awww man that sucks :frown: hope its all good now! :hugs:

nooooo im not ready! :cry: history is killing me! :bawling: wbu?? :hugs:

Everything's ok :hugs:

I dropped History before I did the exam :redface:
I'm not ready either :cry2: :cry2: I'm worried about everything, especially Chemistry :frown:

I feel exactly the same way.Maths and Chemistry is killing me.
I took modafinil this morning so I'm ready and rocking to continue revising into the early hours!! But in general, pretty bad. Being at a boys rugby school doesn't help confidence, and with it being top performing in academics too, it can be depressing knowing everybody around you is extremely clever.
Original post by ErwinJ
I took modafinil this morning so I'm ready and rocking to continue revising into the early hours!! But in general, pretty bad. Being at a boys rugby school doesn't help confidence, and with it being top performing in academics too, it can be depressing knowing everybody around you is extremely clever.

Is modafinil safe and have you experienced side effects?
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Is modafinil safe and have you experienced side effects?

Short term- yes. As for future side effects, nobody knows. I made the mistake today of coupling it with caffeine at one point, and it was not pleasant. But that was because of my own stupidity. The effects it produces are not noticeable in a sense that LSD or similar hard drugs have ( I have never taken anything like that nor will I ever in the future), but one can imagine what is it like to certain extents. It is a subtle nag in the back of your mind purely saying " do work. You don't need facebook". It is helpful, yes, but it is only as affective as the user. If you get somebody taking it and then going on, say, youtube for an hour waiting to feel some sudden urge to work, they will be mistaken. They WILL spend all day surfing youtube, thats the nature or modafinil. However, if you take it and work with it in a sense that you are in the mindframe to work already, you will, simply put, work more. More in terms of quantity, efficiency and many other aspects. But really, if you are doing fine in education as is, you do not need any cognitive enhancers. I know there are stunning figures stating the huge proportion of Oxbridge students taking it, and it isn't surprising considering what I have experienced today. I took it at 10:00 am, and I'm still happily, willingly revising geography at 10:15 pm. But really, it don't think it is worth the risk. It is too controversial and too untested as of yet for me to justify trying it again.
Late night revsion plans down the drain meaning I have 2 days left to cover 50% of a module. At the same time while I can't concentrate on revision, I can't sleep either so stuck in no mans land
Tired but not sleepy.
About to have an existential crisis
my body is ready

for bed
Quite good, I can finally see the people who have repped me :smile:
Realised that most of my best memories happened by complete fluke. Things like my first girlfriend, meeting those who would become my best friends, kissing people, sleeping with people.

Having realised how all these things happened by sheer chance and nothing else... I am now worried that I might run out of luck. What if I only get so many rolls of the dice? :eek:
I don't really know how I feel to be honest. :closedeyes:

Edit: Yep- it's sadness. Just wish it would stop- feel like I'm going round in circles.
(edited 8 years ago)
Argh! Finally feels like I'm getting somewhere then bang, I'm six feet further back than I was when I started!:mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest