The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by MichuAtDeGeaBa
I had a nightmare last year. Looking back at it now it's a lot more simpler and I feel I'm more comfortable

Ah are you resitting PHYA1 or PHYA2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh sorry. I didn't mean we come up with it - they'll probably give us an application or experiment for us to explain using what we know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, ok. Even the back EMF you asked before is essentially a consequence of Lenz's law

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ah are you resitting PHYA1 or PHYA2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 5 and 6t
Reply 1203
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Oh, ok. Even the back EMF you asked before is essentially a consequence of Lenz's law

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah - you can tell I'm not confident on those topics :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1204
4 5 and 6t

Ah right! Apparently 25% of people at our college fail each exam, which completely freaked me out when I found out Hahha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah - you can tell I'm not confident on those topics :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, actually I'm sure you excel at those topics, I just said that because I thought that would fit the topic we were talking about :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've left it too late, I though I only needed an A but I might need an A*. Haven't done a single past paper yet :redface:
Reply 1207
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
No, actually I'm sure you excel at those topics, I just said that because I thought that would fit the topic we were talking about :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thanks but I'm just so worried for these exams. Definitely my hardest subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1208
Original post by ubisoft
I've left it too late, I though I only needed an A but I might need an A*. Haven't done a single past paper yet :redface:

Haven't done a PHYA4 paper yet, or either unit?

Either way, you could still pull it off. There's over a month until the first exam. There's not actually that many past papers so it's perfectly doable if you start at 2010 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone describe the definitions of

Accuracy
Precision
Reliability
Validity

In terms of the course :biggrin:
Original post by CD223

Either way, you could still pull it off. There's over a month until the first exam. There's not actually that many past papers so it's perfectly doable if you start at 2010 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

help ^ ? :biggrin:
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't done a single physics paper in either unit lol, I'm still reading the book. Now I am a fast learner but this is pushing me.

How likely would you say it is to get A* in a month :colondollar:
Can anyone describe the definitions of

Accuracy
Precision
Reliability
Validity

In terms of the course :biggrin:

Accurate: Close to the true value
Precise: Little spread about the mean
Reliable: If you repeat you get similar results
Valid: how suitable the experiment is
Original post by ubisoft
Accurate: Close to the true value
Precise: Little spread about the mean
Reliable: If you repeat you get similar results
Valid: how suitable the experiment is

cheers BROTHER
Reply 1214
Original post by ubisoft
Haven't done a single physics paper in either unit lol, I'm still reading the book. Now I am a fast learner but this is pushing me.

How likely would you say it is to get A* in a month :colondollar:

I'm sure you'll be fine! What book do you use? When do you plan on starting your first paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I'm sure you'll be fine! What book do you use? When do you plan on starting your first paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The official aqa approved one, I should start this week after I've finished reading the book (I haven't even read the book yet that's how much I neglected physics)
Reply 1216
Original post by ubisoft
The official aqa approved one, I should start this week after I've finished reading the book (I haven't even read the book yet that's how much I neglected physics)

Ah right! You'll be okay as long as you continue to put effort into revision. The thing is papers are so scarce for this course that you might find leaving them until slightly later than normal isn't a bad thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Once anyone has done section B of the physics empa, any advice would be great as mine is next Monday! Doesn't have to be specific as I like a challenge 😁
Reply 1218
Original post by hey_there_boy
Once anyone has done section B of the physics empa, any advice would be great as mine is next Monday! Doesn't have to be specific as I like a challenge 😁

See Lau14's guide to the EMPA in the first post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i have all 36 chemistry marks with answers, willing to provide ADVICE on all 36 marks if somebody has ADVICE for all 24 Physics marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending