The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level History Unit 1B - Tudors (1483-1529

Hey!

Has anybody got any good revision material for the Tudors exam in two weeks. im really stressing about it and there dosent seem to be much information on line!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopeperryyy
Hey!

Has anybody got any good revision material for the Tudors exam in two weeks. im really stressing about it and there dosent seem to be much information on line!

Heya, I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.:h:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya, I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.:h:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Thank you!! :smile:
Do you think your ready?
Original post by Shostakovish
Do you think your ready?

im so stressed for this exam as theres so much to learn i think for the real one im going to miss out the trade and economy section under henry VII wbu ?
Reply 5
Original post by jasmineredfern
im so stressed for this exam as theres so much to learn i think for the real one im going to miss out the trade and economy section under henry VII wbu ?

me too, yeah that sounds like a good idea!
Im struggling the most with Henry VIII
me too, yeah that sounds like a good idea!
Im struggling the most with Henry VIII

i quite like that section if you need any help with it let me know im good at it :smile:
Reply 7
i quite like that section if you need any help with it let me know im good at it :smile:

Oh really! How have you been revising it? I just feel like there's so much to learn!
Hey!

Hi I am not sitting this exam but I have my As history aqa exam next week and I have no one to talk to about it :frown: because not many people do my unit. Anyway I still have a lot to go over, planning to get it all finished by tomorrow night andddd ughhh I'm notttt readdyyyyyyyyy

Having a breakdown, sorry!!
for domestic policy under wolsey ive split it into:
-admininistrative efficiency
Control over JP`s and making it more centralised
Eltham ordinances (1526)-improving control over the kings counsel and privy chamber
-Legal reform
1516-principles to hold everyone accountable under the law
use of the star chamber to deal with overmighty nobles (caseload rose from 12 pa to 120pa and by 1529 about to collapse)
-tax reform
changed old system of fifteenths and tenths to an individually assessed subsidy/ would become more efficient
The Amicable Grant (1525)-led to the only serious breakdown in law and order in this time -10,000 rebels at suffolk
-relations with parliament
only met in 1515(overshadowed with hunne case) and 1523(overshadowed by need to fund war against France)
-Enclosure
humanist policies were against this and saw it as evil
-profiteering

and for foreign policies i split it into relations with france ,HRE,Scotland and the papacy
Reply 10
for domestic policy under wolsey ive split it into:
-admininistrative efficiency
Control over JP`s and making it more centralised
Eltham ordinances (1526)-improving control over the kings counsel and
privy chamber
-Legal reform
1516-principles to hold everyone accountable under the law
use of the star chamber to deal with overmighty nobles (caseload rose from 12 pa to 120pa and by 1529 about to collapse)
-tax reform
changed old system of fifteenths and tenths to an individually assessed subsidy/ would become more efficient
The Amicable Grant (1525)-led to the only serious breakdown in law and order in this time -10,000 rebels at suffolk
-relations with parliament
only met in 1515(overshadowed with hunne case) and 1523(overshadowed by need to fund war against France)
-Enclosure
humanist policies were against this and saw it as evil
-profiteering

and for foreign policies i split it into relations with france ,HRE,Scotland and the papacy

Wow thankyou that's so useful! Which book have you been revising from?:smile:
Wow thankyou that's so useful! Which book have you been revising from?:smile:

The AQA blue one im not sure of its exact name but although it seems simplistic it has all content required for full marks
Reply 12
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Hi I am not sitting this exam but I have my As history aqa exam next week and I have no one to talk to about it :frown: because not many people do my unit. Anyway I still have a lot to go over, planning to get it all finished by tomorrow night andddd ughhh I'm notttt readdyyyyyyyyy

Having a breakdown, sorry!!

Don't worry about it, I know exactly what you mean! These exams are just too stressful, I'm doing my a level history and I'm also resitting on of my as units so there's so much content :frown:
Reply 13
The AQA blue one im not sure of its exact name but although it seems simplistic it has all content required for full marks

Yeah that's the one I have got too!
Don't worry about it, I know exactly what you mean! These exams are just too stressful, I'm doing my a level history and I'm also resitting on of my as units so there's so much content :frown:

I know :frown: So much content but I can't complain, I'm not doing what you're doing!!
Hey!

Hey, I'm sitting this exam too! I am really nervous because this exam is half knowledge and half exam technique, and exam technique I'm not so good at! :s-smilie:

I've seen other threads saying they think enclosure will come up as a 12 marker this year, which I can understand as, for as long as the spec has been running, there's been no questions on Henry VII's domestic policy.

Revision wise, dates is what I'm most concerned about as they can give you quite strict date ranges in the exam!

*history learning site is pretty good for revision!
Reply 16
Original post by katinthehat
Hey, I'm sitting this exam too! I am really nervous because this exam is half knowledge and half exam technique, and exam technique I'm not so good at! :s-smilie:

I've seen other threads saying they think enclosure will come up as a 12 marker this year, which I can understand as, for as long as the spec has been running, there's been no questions on Henry VII's domestic policy.

Revision wise, dates is what I'm most concerned about as they can give you quite strict date ranges in the exam!

*history learning site is pretty good for revision!

Oh okay thanks for that! I'll have to do some more revision on enclosure then!
Yeah I have been concentrating on dates, as the foreign policy ones overlap with the consolidation dates!

I feel slightly more prepared for this exam now I've been doing quite a few past papers and stuff! Wbu?
Oh okay thanks for that! I'll have to do some more revision on enclosure then!
Yeah I have been concentrating on dates, as the foreign policy ones overlap with the consolidation dates!

I feel slightly more prepared for this exam now I've been doing quite a few past papers and stuff! Wbu?

Yeah, I think I just need to give myself a confidence boost. It's just unnerving as sometimes I will get 22 marks and sometimes I will get 15 and I don't really know what makes the difference!

I'm concentrating on Richard and Henry and leaving Wolsey behind, as his foreign policy is so long and complicated and I would much rather do the question on Henry and Richard anyway! At the moment I'm thinking about Richard 24 markers, and apart from Henry's consolidation and the Battle of Bosworth there has been no variation! I'm currently doing a plan for 'How successful was Richard III in increasing his popularity in the years 1483-1485?' I'm hoping we'll just get another one on consolidation as it's so easy to remember! What are your strongest bits? :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by katinthehat
Yeah, I think I just need to give myself a confidence boost. It's just unnerving as sometimes I will get 22 marks and sometimes I will get 15 and I don't really know what makes the difference!

I'm concentrating on Richard and Henry and leaving Wolsey behind, as his foreign policy is so long and complicated and I would much rather do the question on Henry and Richard anyway! At the moment I'm thinking about Richard 24 markers, and apart from Henry's consolidation and the Battle of Bosworth there has been no variation! I'm currently doing a plan for 'How successful was Richard III in increasing his popularity in the years 1483-1485?' I'm hoping we'll just get another one on consolidation as it's so easy to remember! What are your strongest bits? :smile:

Yeah im exactly the same, I'm also concentrating on Richard and Henry VII as I just find Henry VIII so complicated especially when it comes to his foreign policy, it's impossible to remember!
Oh that's an interesting question I don't think I've come across that one before, I'm just going over enclosure now!
You can answer either question two which is to do with Henry vii or question 3 to do with Henry viii. Gonna take a risk and focus most of my revision on henry vii and Richard/Edward iv. I'm quite nervous though , especially for the 24 markers , confident for the 12 , hitting 10+. Does anyone have any tips for hitting band 4 for the 24 markers? so 17-22 marks?

And gl :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest