The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iodo345
I think the existence of the club hung by a thread today as at one point one goal for Crewe and we would have been in the bottom four with 20 minutes or so left. This season was terrible and hopefully Mowbray stays as the whole team needs a major rebuild. Can't help feeling happy for Baker/Wilson though as any good players we have do better away from this crumbling mess. The club can't survive in league one and what they're going to do with the seating in the ground next season will just put fans off even more.

Councillor Lucas won't give a toss though. Mowbray is vital to any chances next season as he is the only one who has a clue of what he's doing, without him next season looks bleak. I don't know what I find more repulsive, the idea of playing in Northampton, or playing in a Ricoh owned by a franchised rugby club painted in their colours. Neither is home anymore.
Well done, Colchester. Poor Preston. I fancy they'll go up via the play-offs, but fair play to Karl Robinson for the job he's done at MK Dons.

Crewe and Coventry both survive, too, which is great for them. Unlucky, Leyton Orient. How the mighty have fallen.
Original post by Mackay
Well done, Colchester. Poor Preston. I fancy they'll go up via the play-offs, but fair play to Karl Robinson for the job he's done at MK Dons.

Crewe and Coventry both survive, too, which is great for them. Unlucky, Leyton Orient. How the mighty have fallen.

I had to chuckle at that last sentence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
I had to chuckle at that last sentence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was just kidding. It's a shame for the O's considering they were on the brink of promotion last year, but I'm really excited to see Burton and Hasselbaink lock horns with League One clubs next term.
Burton are the next Bournemouth, calling it.
Original post by hskjlclcn

Big call. I hope so for big Jimmy. I love him.
Original post by Mackay
Big call. I hope so for big Jimmy. I love him.

I expect him to come away from the Ricoh with 3 points, most L1 clubs love playing there. Suspect that division is their glass ceiling though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
I expect him to come away from the Ricoh with 3 points, most L1 clubs love playing there. Suspect that division is their glass ceiling though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should think so. Hasselbaink will get a bigger job part way through next season once certain Championship clubs start struggling I imagine.
Had no idea JFH was at Burton Albion. Good for him.
He's been linked to Leeds, but we don't want him.
Original post by TornadoGR4
He's been linked to Leeds, but we don't want him.

Can you make a play offs thread at some point?
Original post by sr90

Amen.
Original post by sr90

Was thinking about it earlier. I don't know whether to make a complete playoff discussion thread for all games or individual match threads? Or a thread for each league?
Was thinking about it earlier. I don't know whether to make a complete playoff discussion thread for all games or individual match threads? Or a thread for each league?

Just one play-off thread I reckon. Basically an extension of this. Just put the matches in the OP with dates.
Original post by hskjlclcn

Or they could be the next Rushden - there was that season after winning league two that they actually struggled quite badly and went straight back down
Original post by jakesidhu
We were close but we didn't make the playoffs because our defence played **** at crucial games (e.g. Derby away, Blues away, today etc.) Gutted that we missed out but the way we played today showed that we probably weren't god enough. Have to do it next season though.

You didn't play to badly- we just parked the bus
Original post by Mackay

I don't want Preston to go up in the play offs would prefer the Blades to go up
Original post by DarrenBCFC
You didn't play to badly- we just parked the bus

Yeah but our defence let us down
Original post by shawn_o1
Or they could be the next Rushden - there was that season after winning league two that they actually struggled quite badly and went straight back down

Rushden were my local side and they were a shabbily run football club. Burton will avoid their mistakes I'm sure.
Original post by shawn_o1

Rushden & Diamonds were up and down in a flash, peculiar club.

Quote my post, or don't because it was a rushed post. Either way, link me in.

Quick Reply

Latest