The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
not gonna lie, your baiting is legit 0.1/10.

How is it baiting? Don't waste my, and everyone else's time by quoting me if you're not going to provide a genuine response.

Arsenal have relished on finishing "4th" so consistently the past decade as if it's held any relevance to the grand scheme of things. It's only this year that Arsenal are finishing 2nd that they can see just how poor finishing 4th is in this league compared to the title.
If Wilshere. An get converted into a decent CDM I almost feel like we wouldn't need to sign one. He was excellent there with England (3 MOTM in a row even if they weren't against great teams). Only thing going against him is his height really.

Whilst there isn't any really difference between 2nd and 3rd I'd be pretty pissed if we bottled it now and didn't get second, big performance needed today, in reality our 3 home games should all be easily winnable today is the last real challenge bar united
What is it with this attitude that player X can easily be converted into player Y :s:

Wilshere does not have the discipline to play as deep CDM in fact I'd say he's more attack minded then Ramsey so you're having a giggle
Awful baiting is awful, he's played at CDM successfully many times for England and has said he'd like to play there for us as well? But yeah, I'm having a giggle
Is every Arsenal fan here from London?
Original post by leinad2012
Awful baiting is awful, he's played at CDM successfully many times for England and has said he'd like to play there for us as well? But yeah, I'm having a giggle

What are you on about? Again don't subject me to such foul terms like the other fool

A few good games against teams that aren't even in the bloody top 100 and all of a sudden Wilshere is the next Matic :rolleyes:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MichuAtDeGeaBa
What are you on about? Again don't subject me to such foul terms like the other fool

A few good games against teams that aren't even in the bloody top 100 and all of a sudden Wilshere is the next Matic :rolleyes:

I've never said he'd be the next Matic, I said he'd be a decent CDM if needed. Realistically, his best position is as a deep lying playmaker who can also go forward when needed.
My point is as has been shown this season with Coq the solution to a teams problems isn't always to bring in a £25mil player. At Arsenal we have 6 players who are all very good at playing in the 3 central midfield positions. You can play Coq-Rambo/Cazorla-Ozil, knowing that Coq will mop up when Ozil and Cazorla charge forward, but equally, you can have Wilshere-Ox-Cazorla/Ozil with two B2B centre midfielders who don't disregard their defensive abilities
Original post by leinad2012
I've never said he'd be the next Matic, I said he'd be a decent CDM if needed. Realistically, his best position is as a deep lying playmaker who can also go forward when needed.
My point is as has been shown this season with Coq the solution to a teams problems isn't always to bring in a £25mil player. At Arsenal we have 6 players who are all very good at playing in the 3 central midfield positions. You can play Coq-Rambo/Cazorla-Ozil, knowing that Coq will mop up when Ozil and Cazorla charge forward, but equally, you can have Wilshere-Ox-Cazorla/Ozil with two B2B centre midfielders who don't disregard their defensive abilities

I think it's been too long since you've watched Wilshere son otherwise you would be aware of his lack of discipline. He charges forward more than any other player infact I'd say his biggest strength which isn't actually that great is dribbling forward with the ball but then his glass ankles come into play and he falls down 9/10 of the time

As I mention Ramsey before he's more likely to work as a CDM but you'll still be limited cause neither have the same defensive ability as Le Coq
Arsenal should put in a tasty bid for Mikel it would do them wonders
Original post by al_94

not me - I lived in london for 5 years, which is when I started watching football, and following arsenal - but I am not from london :smile:
Original post by fallen_acorns
not me - I lived in london for 5 years, which is when I started watching football, and following arsenal - but I am not from london :smile:

Ok I live in South London but still support Arsenal
Original post by al_94
Ok I live in South London but still support Arsenal

fair enough :smile:

For me it just came about because of the people I was surrounded by.

The actual closest club to where I lived whilst I was in london was chelsea.. then QPR second, with arsenal somewhere 3rd or so..

But all of my friends who I used to go to the pub with, were arsenal fans (well 2 were united..) - so I just natrually started to cheer them on, as when ever I would watch footblal, it was surrounded by mostly arsenal fans
"I think Chelsea will be favourites again. United need defenders, City need new players and LFC need a top striker, Arsenal need a holding player and Spurs need a miracle."

Top analysis there from the bbc comments, poor spurs :awesome:
Original post by al_94

I'm from Essex, so no.
Original post by Pete_91
I'm from Essex, so no.

Any football teams in Essex?
Original post by al_94
Any football teams in Essex?

My local team is Southend United (league two play-offs) but the nearest prem team is West Ham (most people in Essex support West Ham or Chelsea).
Reply 8856
Original post by Pete_91
My local team is Southend United (league two play-offs) but the nearest prem team is West Ham (most people in Essex support West Ham or Chelsea).

It just seems like an Essex-y thing to do, to support Chelsea or Westham haha

I was speaking to my mate about this yesterday. Why on earth would someone support Tottenham, when the Arsenal is just up the road?

Apart from family tradition, I couldn't think of any other reason :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rail lines perhaps?
jeeze the chelsea scoring/defending stats are something else..

Just shows how utterly ruthless jose is, and how he will never let a league slip..

(from bbc)

Up to 17th january - 19 goals conceeded, 51 goals scored.

After 17th january - 8 goals conceeded, 18 goals scored.

- He did not just park a bus on a match, he parked it on the whole league.

A manager that will do anything for the win.
Original post by fallen_acorns
jeeze the chelsea scoring/defending stats are something else..

Just shows how utterly ruthless jose is, and how he will never let a league slip..

(from bbc)

Up to 17th january - 19 goals conceeded, 51 goals scored.

After 17th january - 8 goals conceeded, 18 goals scored.

- He did not just park a bus on a match, he parked it on the whole league.

A manager that will do anything for the win.

Mourinho's methodology is false. Barca are the best team in the world right now and they are playing great football not park the bus.

Latest