The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Any update about the post on weed 40 days prior to Ramadan ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
Any update about the post on weed 40 days prior to Ramadan ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

People should not be smoking weed, regardless of what time of year it is (unless they have told to by a doctor in order for treatment).
Original post by Mary562
Just :smile:

Sometimes

Ok :yes:

here i go

:smile:

Did i do it right?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
So i see. I am still undecided on it and do not think i can, in good conscience at the moment, follow the opinion it is ok to take it as a last resort.

Its up to you to decide which opinion you think is right to follow.......you should just work to finding alternatives.......grant, bursary, scholarship, family funding, part time job and pay in monthly instalments. Satif's does something where they try to pool peoples money together.

Original post by IdeasForLife
That's quite vague. Is there a video of him in which he details this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope I can't.......its nowhere, someone may have a private recording of it.
Original post by Kromium
Aslamualaykum brothers and sisters. I'm starting uni this September at Cumbria and i'm having difficulty finding the islamic society for the uni. I'm also finding it hard to find muslim male student who would be willing to invite me to their accommodation.

Can someone please give me the advice on how i should go about this issue. Jazakallah khair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wsalaam,

[email protected]

If you can't get in touch, they are a part of FOSIS so ask them to find out http://fosis.org.uk/

Also check local mosque http://www.lancasterislamicsociety.co.uk/

And Lancashire Uni Isoc https://www.facebook.com/LancsIsoc
Original post by Iqbal007
Its up to you to decide which opinion you think is right to follow.......you should just work to finding alternatives.......grant, bursary, scholarship, family funding, part time job and pay in monthly instalments. Satif's does something where they try to pool peoples money together.

Nope I can't.......its nowhere, someone may have a private recording of it.

Thats the plan. Been working most of this year and need to find another job atm
People should not be smoking weed, regardless of what time of year it is (unless they have told to by a doctor in order for treatment).

True but in islam when you do, you are impure for 40 days. So after this 40 your pure. So if you stop 40 days before Ramadan are your fasts valid ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

May Allah make us all steadfast in our Salah. Ameen.

Also, my exams start from tomorrow. Du'as please. :smile:
I will do Dua for you sister lotus, remember in the exam as hard as a question looks, break it down, allow yourself to move to questions you can do then come to it later, and inshAllah do the best you can do, i am sure you have worked hard.
Assalaamu Alai'ikum Brothers and Sisters,
Could I humbly request you all to make dua for my Grandfather who passed away in the early hours of the morning. I'd be very grateful.

Jzk
Original post by beautyandthebeat
Could I humbly request you all to make dua for my Grandfather who passed away in the early hours of the morning. I'd be very grateful.

Jzk

Innalilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon "To Allah We Belong and To Him We Will Return"

I am sorry to hear about your loss, i will make a dua for your grandfather, i pray for your family and may Allah swt grant him and grant you all the patience during this time.
Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 - Patience

1704–12. Abū ‘Alī al-Ash‘arī (–) al-Ḥasan ibn ‘Alī al-Kūfī (–) al- ‘Abbãs ibn ‘Ãmir (–) al-‘Arzamī that Abū ‘Abdillãh (‘a.s.) said:

"The Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) said: 'The time will come (soon) for people that a kingdom would not be achieved except by murder and insolence, and wealth would not be obtained except by usurpation and greedy. Also, love would not be attained except by taking out the religion (from one's self) and following carnal desire. So, he who comes to live in that time and endured poverty though he is able to obtain wealth; and endure the enmity (of people) though he is able to attract their love, and endure humility though he is able to achieve dignity, Allãh will grant him
the reward of fifty honest persons who truly attested me.'
Saheeh- Grading by Alama Majlisi r.a
Anger: What is it… how does it erupt?

By His Eminence, the late Religious Authority, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah (ra)

It is narrated in some Hadiths that: “Verily, anger is a burning coal lit by Satan in the heart of the son of Adam; when anyone of you becomes angry, his eyes will redden, his veins will become swollen and he will be possessed by Satan.” It is also narrated that the Prophet (p.) said: “Verily, anger corrupts faith as the juice of bitter plants corrupt honey.” It is also narrated that Imam As-Sadiq (a.s.) said: “Anger is the annihilation of the heart of the wise,” and: “Anger is the key to all evil,” and: “He who does not control his anger does not control his mind.”

These are some (five) Islamic texts that touch upon the issue of anger and its impact on man’s spiritual, mental and practical life. We notice that the first tradition regards anger as an emotional state that inflames man’s being and heart just as the coal burns and emits sparkles and flames around it, so man’s nerves would be enraged and overwhelmed with anger and inclinations that spin out of control. Thus, the factors of badness and tendencies of evil would be unleashed to dominate man’s entire entity; thus, driving him towards their goals with no sweats, for once the soul is overwhelmed with anger, it would not be a lamb anymore, and it would turn into a pure-evil wolf driven by Satan.
With anger, one would turn wild and completely irrational and his feelings would spin out of control… Perhaps, we can say that this meaning is described in the fourth tradition, for if the soul lives in such an agitated feverish ambience, it would lose the key to the door that keeps evil away from it, and evil would totally and insanely possess it.

As for the third and fifth Hadiths, they display the negative impacts anger leaves on man’s mind and thought, for it annihilates the heart of a wise man, and by heart here we mean the thought, for anger, as we described it, takes part in destabilizing the organized meticulous thinking that is based on a clear picture, as well as the scrupulous meanings between which the thought makes a coordination and linkage to turn them into new results.

Just as anger prevents one from thinking right on the one hand, it hinders, on the other hand, the mind’s ability to control one’s deeds and conducts, and obstructs the process of self-criticism and scrutiny. Once one’s will is weakened and his role in self-criticism is impeded, he will be subjected to blind motivations and compulsory stimulants.
In the second Hadith related on the authority of the Prophet (p.), we study the impact of anger on one’s faith and realize that it corrupts his faith as well as his mind, for believing in Allah is based on man’s deep and full awareness of his relation with Allah and commitment to what He allows and what He forbids. Therefore, [to preserve his faith] man ought to stay in contact with his serene soul and deep thinking.

Moreover, we have come to learn that anger makes one lose the serenity of his soul and the uprightness of his thinking, so once he loses those, he will lose his awareness of Allah and his commitment to His will.

http://english.bayynat.org/InsightsTeachings/Insights_AngerErupt.htm#.VUdShBcUpmo
Original post by Iqbal007
Wsalaam,

[email protected]

If you can't get in touch, they are a part of FOSIS so ask them to find out http://fosis.org.uk/

Also check local mosque http://www.lancasterislamicsociety.co.uk/

And Lancashire Uni Isoc https://www.facebook.com/LancsIsoc

Jzk thanks very much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jzk

Wa'alaykumasalaam

Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

We will do, may Allah forgive your grandfather for his sins and enter him into into Jannah :smile:

BarakAllahu feek

Jzk

Wasalam.

Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

May Allah grant your grandfather Jannah and make it easy for your family :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

------

I will make dua for those who have requested :smile:

I have absolutely no sympathy or love for Islamophobes like Pamella Geller or Geert Wilders and their ilk. I do not wish them any success in this world, and have full certainty that if they continue down their paths, Allah will deal with them in the next world.

But by attacking their Islamophobic event, all of a sudden these bigots have emerged as 'freedom fighters' and have had their credentials boosted in many circles. If we had just ignored them as they deserve, their event would have gone unnoticed, and they would have slithered back to where they came from without any attention being given to them. Instead, they will now be given international attention and put in the limelight.

Muslims need to stop reacting emotionally, and let knowledge reign them in. Such foolish and un-Islamic acts contradict the Shariah, and any scholar of Islam will know this. Ignoramuses who quote a Hadith or incident from the Seerah are even more dangerous than a high schooler who opens a page of a neurosurgery book and then starts operating based on his reading of one paragraph.

Those who want to kill in the name of defending the Prophet (salla Allahu Alayhi wa sallam) harm the followers of the Prophet (saw), and distort the beautiful image and reputation of the Prophet (saw), a million times more than those who mock him could ever do. We gain nothing by such attempted murder, and we lose everything.

Sallim, Allahumma sallim.

-Yasir Qadhi on the Texas incident.
-Yasir Qadhi on the Texas incident.

I disagree with him.
I don't think we should go to extremes with killing, but I don't think we should just ignore these events.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
I disagree with him.
I don't think we should go to extremes with killing, but I don't think we should just ignore these events.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think we should do? Protests?

Latest

Trending

Trending