The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

How'd you guys do on your coursework? i got 42. My teacher said i could improve it a bit and get it up to an A, but i honestly just don't want to. I absolutely hate coursework, i'm done and dusted with it and rather focus on my exams now.
Reply 421
Original post by WilliamSlim
How'd you guys do on your coursework? i got 42. My teacher said i could improve it a bit and get it up to an A, but i honestly just don't want to. I absolutely hate coursework, i'm done and dusted with it and rather focus on my exams now.

Teachers in my school said they won't tell us, which I am very unhappy about. I am not hoping to be told an exact mark, but having a rough idea of how I did would be good >__>
Reply 422
Original post by Nchomuzinda
You've got a lot of really good points not sure how you will fit them all into an argument. What about the role of Frick- minister of interior, Goebbells minister of propaganda did they help consolidate nazi power ?

Also Goering who was Minister without Portfolio? I believe he had a key role in the reorganization of the police force in Prussia, as I think he was the Prussian gauleiter.

Goebbels was instrumental to the Nazi propaganda machine, making Potsdam day appear to be a Nazi way of controlling radicals in the party and pledging allegiance to traditional German values.

Frick, Minister of the Interior... what sort of things did he do?
Reply 423

My teacher said I got 50 which I was really pleased with. Although it's being moderated so it may well go down in August.

I'd say prioritise the exam. It's worth a bigger %.

Posted from TSR Mobile
50 wow! Also I understand why they wouldn't tell the class sometimes about how well you did in coursework, could affect your attitude towards exams. Good to know it's done though.

I was doing some revision on Second Reich and got wondering about the economy, are the only questions we could get regarding the impact the economy had on social and political tensions as I thought it was about society and politics in the second reich?
Reply 425
50 wow! Also I understand why they wouldn't tell the class sometimes about how well you did in coursework, could affect your attitude towards exams. Good to know it's done though.

I was doing some revision on Second Reich and got wondering about the economy, are the only questions we could get regarding the impact the economy had on social and political tensions as I thought it was about society and politics in the second reich?

Yeah I get that it affects your attitude because you can work out how many marks you need for your grade etc :smile:

That said, I don't think it's really affected me - I've tried to put effort into the exam nevertheless as its so hard to simply "blag" A2 history exams haha.

Hmm. The economy in the Second Reich seems too narrow a topic for an exam to specifically focus on that, but yes, I'd say that the question could relate the economy to society and politics.

For example, the increased urbanisation of the economy had an impact on the growth of the SPD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah I get that it affects your attitude because you can work out how many marks you need for your grade etc :smile:

That said, I don't think it's really affected me - I've tried to put effort into the exam nevertheless as its so hard to simply "blag" A2 history exams haha.

Hmm. The economy in the Second Reich seems too narrow a topic for an exam to specifically focus on that, but yes, I'd say that the question could relate the economy to society and politics.

For example, the increased urbanisation of the economy had an impact on the growth of the SPD.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So no questiosn regarding the success or failures of the economy? With nazi consolidation of power question i was wondering what time period it could be? Just 1933 I'd assume, but could they not ask something like
‘The Nazi rise and consolidation of power by the end of 1933 was caused by the failure ofcommunism to stop them’. How far do you agree with this judgement" Like what time period would we discuss for this? It asks about the rise as well which is what throws me.
So no questiosn regarding the success or failures of the economy? With nazi consolidation of power question i was wondering what time period it could be? Just 1933 I'd assume, but could they not ask something like
‘The Nazi rise and consolidation of power by the end of 1933 was caused by the failure ofcommunism to stop them’. How far do you agree with this judgement" Like what time period would we discuss for this? It asks about the rise as well which is what throws me.

I think it would be just 1933 so from hitler's appointment as chancellor onwards. There's a question like this in the revision book and it only mentions 1933 as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 428

I would include "rise" to be simply an increase in their stronghold of power.

I'd deal with January to July 1933.

The question of strengths and weaknesses of the economy personally looks too narrow focused for me - unless it was part of a society and politics question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 429
Original post by fatsherry
I think it would be just 1933 so from hitler's appointment as chancellor onwards. There's a question like this in the revision book and it only mentions 1933 as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Precisely my thoughts.

How's your revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 430
Oh God, I haven't revised history since, like, Easter probably. I've been (kind of) revising the other subjects, although uselessly as well. I need to get into the habit or revising again - exams are approaching :frown:
Reply 431
Original post by cuppa
Oh God, I haven't revised history since, like, Easter probably. I've been (kind of) revising the other subjects, although uselessly as well. I need to get into the habit or revising again - exams are approaching :frown:

Don't worry! You have over a month. When's your first exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 432
Original post by CD223
Don't worry! You have over a month. When's your first exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first exam is this one! Kind of glad that I can get it out the way. It's surprising how little effort I have been putting into history -- after all, my uni offer is literally just a B in history; they don't need anything else. I guess this is very backwards stress response :biggrin:

You feeling confident about the exam yet?
Reply 433
Original post by cuppa
My first exam is this one! Kind of glad that I can get it out the way. It's surprising how little effort I have been putting into history -- after all, my uni offer is literally just a B in history; they don't need anything else. I guess this is very backwards stress response :biggrin:

You feeling confident about the exam yet?

Hahah that's insane!

I need AAA so I probably won't feel confident at all! Even with a day to go!

My first exam is tomorrow lol, then my second one is 5th June!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Precisely my thoughts.

How's your revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly, I don't even know. Some days I think I've done a lot, then I try and test myself and struggle to remember things :frown:. Hope my confidence improves as the exam gets closer. How's yours going??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 435
Original post by fatsherry
Honestly, I don't even know. Some days I think I've done a lot, then I try and test myself and struggle to remember things :frown:. Hope my confidence improves as the exam gets closer. How's yours going??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel the same. There's some topics of struggle to write a paragraph on. Let alone an essay.

How do you tend to revise? Books? Notes? Flash cards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
To what extent did economic modernisation in Germany in the years 1900-1914 heighten existing social tensions?

How would you answer this?

Thanks x
Reply 437
Original post by Bunny2014
To what extent did economic modernisation in Germany in the years 1900-1914 heighten existing social tensions?

How would you answer this?

Thanks x

My three paras would be:

• Increase tensions - Class divisions: Junkers dominate, but industrialists benefit from economic prosperity

• Increase tensions - Urbanisation and growth of the SPDs: changing the political scene - more working class people creates greater pressure for social reform. Bad living conditions

• Decrease tensions - Provision of welfare and social reforms, and tariff laws of 1902.

Anything to add?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
My three paras would be:

• Increase tensions - Class divisions: Junkers dominate, but industrialists benefit from economic prosperity

• Increase tensions - Urbanisation and growth of the SPDs: changing the political scene - more working class people creates greater pressure for social reform. Bad living conditions

• Decrease tensions - Provision of welfare and social reforms, and tariff laws of 1902.

Anything to add?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: x

Would you also include urbanisation- causing overcrowding ect? as an increase to existing tensions as conditions was poor anyway x
Reply 439
Original post by Bunny2014
Thank you :smile: x

Would you also include urbanisation- causing overcrowding ect? as an increase to existing tensions as conditions was poor anyway x

Yeah - overcrowding, poor sanitary conditions, spread of disease etc.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest