The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
I personally would! But like I said, the volume of work can get a bit much. But it's definitely worth it. The broad range of things to learn is awesome too, I've found them really enjoyable. Except for the lab reports. :lol: But even statistics has been good! Let me know if you have any specific questions, can PM if you like. :yep:

As Anony#2 said, it's a good mix between essay based stuff and more scientific things.

Ahh okay, thank you. I am expecting a lot of work and lots of essays, I would say. I think the broad range in psychology is one of the most important things. Thanks for the offer, may do in a couple weeks or something.

Thank you :smile:
So emotionally mute-feel I'm incapable of love for anyone but my family-
Original post by moment of truth
Ahh okay, thank you. I am expecting a lot of work and lots of essays, I would say. I think the broad range in psychology is one of the most important things. Thanks for the offer, may do in a couple weeks or something.

Welcome! :h:
Original post by Pathway
:console: I dont mind if you just need to ramble about things that are going through your mind - my inbox is always open. :hugs:

I'm okay, just worried about this test on Thursday. Probably going to fail it. :facepalm:

thaks. don't even really know what to do with myself, horrible. good luck with your exam :hugs: sorry you're not feeling overly confident. whatever happens, it is not the end of the world though, and you've not been well. and if its any consolation, for most of my exams, I don't know one thing, no exaggeration.
5.30 start tomorrow. Fun :/
Original post by Danny the Geezer
5.30 start tomorrow. Fun :/

:eek:
Thats no time to be waking up :nope:

Will it be worth it though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
thaks. don't even really know what to do with myself, horrible. good luck with your exam :hugs: sorry you're not feeling overly confident. whatever happens, it is not the end of the world though, and you've not been well. and if its any consolation, for most of my exams, I don't know one thing, no exaggeration.

Are you safe? :frown: :console:

Thank you. I'm just kind of dreading it, I've been focussing more on the finals rather than this particular piece of coursework, but hopefully, tomorrow when the labs are open again I'll be able to get the last part of it done! So nervous, gah. I'm sure you're going to be okay though. Think that it's horrible that your university doesn't take extenuating circumstances into account. :frown:

Here if you need anything! :sadnod:
Original post by PandaWho
:eek:
Thats no time to be waking up :nope:

Will it be worth it though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really. It's heavy, stressful work-just helping my Dad out til he's recovered from an op.
Original post by Pathway
Are you safe? :frown: :console:

Thank you. I'm just kind of dreading it, I've been focussing more on the finals rather than this particular piece of coursework, but hopefully, tomorrow when the labs are open again I'll be able to get the last part of it done! So nervous, gah. I'm sure you're going to be okay though. Think that it's horrible that your university doesn't take extenuating circumstances into account. :frown:

Here if you need anything! :sadnod:

yeah is ok thanks. just feeling horrible/not with it/in pain. Aww well the fact you are nervous is a good thing really, I'm just you will do great, you've got some really good scores so far. :hugs: I am seriously screwed but is ok, i'm not really bothered. I know nothing whatsoever, done no extra work all term, haven't started revision. just not bothered. everything descends into complete pointlessness tbh
ended up falling asleep, it's helped me feel a bit better but now I feel like I've wasted a whole day :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
ended up falling asleep, it's helped me feel a bit better but now I feel like I've wasted a whole day :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

same-went to bed at 9.30am, got up at 5, been pissing about on TSR since :redface:

bit of a non-bank holiday but at least I can chill

LES MIS TONIGHT! :woo:

[on DVD I mean :tongue:]
Signing up for a bunch of courses at my local Mind :smile: there are a few ones which I think will be really useful for me, like self-esteem (where hopefully I can deconstruct my stupid social hierarchy theory) and re-learning self control :tongue:
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
same-went to bed at 9.30am, got up at 5, been pissing about on TSR since :redface:

bit of a non-bank holiday but at least I can chill

LES MIS TONIGHT! :woo:

[on DVD I mean :tongue:]

I've no idea what's up with me, I went to bed at 11 last night, and slept from 12am to 12 midday. And then felt awful and fell asleep at 4 this afternoon and woke up at 8... like I have no idea why I'm sleeping so much!

ive actually never seen les mis :getmecoat:
Original post by Odd socks
I've no idea what's up with me, I went to bed at 11 last night, and slept from 12am to 12 midday. And then felt awful and fell asleep at 4 this afternoon and woke up at 8... like I have no idea why I'm sleeping so much!

ive actually never seen les mis :getmecoat:

:frown: :console:

is there something you're putting off, or at the back of your mind distressing you maybe? I know why I felt like **** last night, my best friend's flight to Japan for his placement year was this morning and I'm feeling like listening to Keane and Bowie on Changes :moon:

Ahh you so should! Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe were incredible (and kinda :sexface:) I never expected them to have such good voices

I'll be watching the recording of the Live London show at the 02 tonight though-need to buy the DVD for the 2012 film version still :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ScaryScience
yeah is ok thanks. just feeling horrible/not with it/in pain. Aww well the fact you are nervous is a good thing really, I'm just you will do great, you've got some really good scores so far. :hugs: I am seriously screwed but is ok, i'm not really bothered. I know nothing whatsoever, done no extra work all term, haven't started revision. just not bothered. everything descends into complete pointlessness tbh

Would taking a year out to work on your MH/recovery be an option for you? :console:
Just to let you guys know chanel 4 at 9pm are showing the true story behind the #findmike story.

Will be interesting but may be triggering as its about the stranger that stopped a man jumping off a bridge and ending his life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
feeling so triggery and alone and bleh and bad :cry2:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7

PM if you need to talk? :console:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7

:lovehug: :loveduck: :jumphug: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
Ahh okay, thanks. Don't really enjoy biology that much, but I figure that is only one module so should be okay. I don't really like stats either, but I should be able to do it (hopefully). I actually do like social/developmental psychology (well during A-Levels) not sure about uni standard though.

Yeah, it's all about choosing the modules you know you'll like and persevering with the ones you aren't too keen on :smile:

Original post by Pathway

I hated it in first year too (and A-Levels)! But somehow it was one of my favourite modules this year. :confused:

Sorry your psychologist scarred you. :frown:
Ohhh, okay - fair enough! Yeah, there's other ones too, like animal behaviour which I found really bizarre. :lol: I wanted to do intelligence, but we briefly did it in another module last term (Personality and individual differences) and I hated the lecturer. He was awful with helping us prepare for our coursework test (for reference, in his part of the paper I got 10.5/20 and the other lecturers part of the paper I got 17.5/20 - and pretty much everyone was like that!). Should probably pick my modules soon. :pinch:

Maybe I'll like it next year then :tongue:
That's not good! Awful lecturers are horrible, makes it so hard to get interested in the other areas of psychology. We had to pick ours in February for some reason :erm: Can I ask which uni you go to? (It's fine if you want to keep anonymity or whatever :smile:)

Latest