The Student Room Group

Cramming Additional Biology and Additional Chemistry in one week

Is it possible? It's exactly what I have to do using myGCSEScience videos and and I want an A/A* in B2 and B in C2
Well it depends it is definitely possible but it's best to start as soon as possible and I mean now. Because there's also revision to be done for other subjects.

In my opinion it is definitely possible if you are smart about it and revise efficiently additional is easy.

Revise from mygcsescience but also read other science text books so you aren't missing out on info. Also do past papers and do some twice if you have time. So you learn the 6marks and any questions that might come up again.

Good luck!
It's very possible and admittedly I did that for my mock exams which had all three additional papers in one sitting. I strongly advise against this because it will make you feel stressed when you walk into that exam and I only did it for my mocks as I had 17 exams squeezed into a two week period. I got an A*/A/A* (Bio, Chem, Phys) but again I am not in anyway advocating cramming.
I'm doing this for triple science :wink:

Did it for my mocks, and it was generally easy, I got A*'s in all of them - for physics, it was so late, I just didn't bother with too much more than 1hour's worth.
It is a risky, incredibly stressful move, but it works for me since I work so well under pressure. Chem and phys are very easy subjects for me, and C2 won't be revised at all since I've already done everything beforehand and every past paper is the same.
Original post by Turtlebunny
I'm doing this for triple science :wink:

Did it for my mocks, and it was generally easy, I got A*'s in all of them - for physics, it was so late, I just didn't bother with too much more than 1hour's worth.
It is a risky, incredibly stressful move, but it works for me since I work so well under pressure. Chem and phys are very easy subjects for me, and C2 won't be revised at all since I've already done everything beforehand and every past paper is the same.

I'm doing Triple Science too. However I would rather not risk cramming like that. But good luck to you sir :smile:
Original post by Alan-K
I'm doing Triple Science too. However I would rather not risk cramming like that. But good luck to you sir :smile:

To be fair, triple science in my opinion is quite easy actually - it's also the shortest unit so there's not much to learn.
To be fair, triple science in my opinion is quite easy actually - it's also the shortest unit so there's not much to learn.

Yeah I think Triple Science is alright especially when you are fairly capable at maths. Say A grade or above with all the molar equations, titration, volumes or gases etc. However I want to ensure I get at least an A and although anecdotally cramming works for me too, I would rather revise a few weeks before the exams and then completely cram and wuighwetiouqwntwethwihetwpthw to my head until it explodes the night before.
For chem, the maths is super easy, you just have to really remember two things: Moles = mass/mr and Moles = conc * vol; all in dm cubed.

Is science your first exam - mine's iGcse English, and I entirely focused on that for the latter part of this week, and the entire bank holiday weekend.
For chem, the maths is super easy, you just have to really remember two things: Moles = mass/mr and Moles = conc * vol; all in dm cubed.

Is science your first exam - mine's iGcse English, and I entirely focused on that for the latter part of this week, and the entire bank holiday weekend.

Fortunately I completed my IGCSE Eng Lang in November and I achieved an A (1% off A*).

Spanish, May 15th is my first exam and from then onwards I have 18 more exams to go.

In regards to science, my core exam was done last year and my first additional exam which is B2 is on Friday 5th June. My last exam is on Friday 19th June which is Physics 3.

Basically, 10AM on the 19th June is when freedom begins and hilarity ensues as everyone marches out of school and dances outside the gates bidding farewell.

Good luck to you!
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh, I think we're doing different boards for science - in our other discussion it just 'sounded' as if you were also taking AQA - AQA is also quite popular as well. On the other hand, my first is obviously this CIE English iGCSE, which is tommorow. I haven't done copious amounts of revision, in fact the past week has been my more recent work toward this exam. I'm aiming for an A*, and I already have something like 68/69 marks going in - meaning I presumably need around 35/36 for an A*, depending on boundaries - then yet again, although I'm quite clear on how CIE grades exams, I'm not entirely sure, as they don't offer nearly as much on their website as say AQA or edexcel does.
Oh, I think we're doing different boards for science - in our other discussion it just 'sounded' as if you were also taking AQA - AQA is also quite popular as well. On the other hand, my first is obviously this CIE English iGCSE, which is tommorow. I haven't done copious amounts of revision, in fact the past week has been my more recent work toward this exam. I'm aiming for an A*, and I already have something like 68/69 marks going in - meaning I presumably need around 35/36 for an A*, depending on boundaries - then yet again, although I'm quite clear on how CIE grades exams, I'm not entirely sure, as they don't offer nearly as much on their website as say AQA or edexcel does.

I'm Edexcel GCSE for science.
Reply 11
I'm doing AQA core and additional science :smile:

I have from now until Tuesday to revise the whole of additional biology, I hope I can get an A!
yep u could probably get higher!

I have my biology additional and further exam on the same day as my french. and also have chemistry add+further on thursday next week. Im starting revision for them now and aiming for A*s...i did night before in mocks and managed to get As so hopefully it works this time! good luck
Original post by ibrahim24
yep u could probably get higher!

I have my biology additional and further exam on the same day as my french. and also have chemistry add+further on thursday next week. Im starting revision for them now and aiming for A*s...i did night before in mocks and managed to get As so hopefully it works this time! good luck

Truss m8, you can get them a stars easy m8.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lazy Cynic
Truss m8, you can get them a stars easy m8.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sarcasm im guessing? :colonhash:
Original post by ibrahim24
Sarcasm im guessing? :colonhash:

Nah blud you will inevitably do better as they will add up your UMS probably...

Have you wondered why so many As become A* for you final grade?

Quick Reply

Latest