The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Shed End
What is this St Totteringhams day stuff?

The day it's mathematically impossible for Spurs to finish above the Arsenal. It's an extremely small club mentality really if you ask me.
Original post by IceyFish
The day it's mathematically impossible for Spurs to finish above the Arsenal. It's an extremely small club mentality really if you ask me.

jokes about your local rival are small club mentality?

lol., nice one
Henry may not be seen as a great pundit, but he has a point with Giroud and our injuries. Giroud just isn't deadly enough, superb when on form don't get me wrong, but very rarely creates something out of nothing. I still really feel we need another ST to challenge him, because Walcott, Welbeck and Sanchez just aren't there either as a lone ST.

Injury wise, Henry made a great point, that a lot of our little injuries are hamstring strains that keep players out for weeks after they return from big injuries and it's a MAJOR issue. Right now you players like Debuchy and Ox out with hamstring injuries, in fact, about half our team has suffered with hamstring injuries a some point this season. That doesn't point to poor style of play that entices tackles, or weak players, what it shows is a complete lack of discipline when it comes to bringing player back into training and it's starting to become a huge HUGE problem. Considering there are reports and enquires done about pretty much every economic and social topic you can think of nowadays, I don't think it'd be a waste of money at all to invest in an inquiry into our injury issues and whether a trend or cause can be spotted.

By increasing the time to recover completely without anything new propping up by 2 weeks you're missing out on 2 games, and if that happens to say 10 of our players, that's 20 games where we should have a player back but we don't because of small niggles
Original post by leinad2012
Henry may not be seen as a great pundit, but he has a point with Giroud and our injuries. Giroud just isn't deadly enough, superb when on form don't get me wrong, but very rarely creates something out of nothing. I still really feel we need another ST to challenge him, because Walcott, Welbeck and Sanchez just aren't there either as a lone ST.

Injury wise, Henry made a great point, that a lot of our little injuries are hamstring strains that keep players out for weeks after they return from big injuries and it's a MAJOR issue. Right now you players like Debuchy and Ox out with hamstring injuries, in fact, about half our team has suffered with hamstring injuries a some point this season. That doesn't point to poor style of play that entices tackles, or weak players, what it shows is a complete lack of discipline when it comes to bringing player back into training and it's starting to become a huge HUGE problem. Considering there are reports and enquires done about pretty much every economic and social topic you can think of nowadays, I don't think it'd be a waste of money at all to invest in an inquiry into our injury issues and whether a trend or cause can be spotted.

By increasing the time to recover completely without anything new propping up by 2 weeks you're missing out on 2 games, and if that happens to say 10 of our players, that's 20 games where we should have a player back but we don't because of small niggles

for the first point - what do you think about the romours of us going in for barca's pedro?
Good enough performance, we got the win whilst playing some great stuff going forward whilst being poor at the back. Mert needs to learn to play to the whistle, you can almost see the fear in his eyes when Koscy goes down, realising there's no one there to save his bacon if he ****s up.

Wilshere looked good but there is absolutely no need to bring him back in quickly, I'd almost rather he only made sub appearances from here on out and was allowed to play in U'21's Euros than rush him back to full fitness. Same goes for Chambo, and hopefully indefinitely for Welbs. Thought Ramsey was excellent today again, there really isn't likely to be a place in the team for Wilshere until next season anyway from the looks of it, although if he takes over the CM role from Cazorla next season I definitely won't see that as a problem.
Should do a st restofdaleaguerinhams day, I celebrated that yesterday, for approximately 5 mins then got on with my life.

It's called rivalry mate. Although I do agree to an extent, Arsenal fans constantly go on about tottenham. It's alright taking the piss out of them every now and then, like tonight for example, but focus your energy on supporting Arsenal.
Original post by fallen_acorns
for the first point - what do you think about the romours of us going in for barca's pedro?

He isn't a ST which suggests we'd either be planning for life w/out Walcott, or be converting him to ST. I like Pedro, he's a good player who at 27 won't prohibit the progression of Gnabry or Chambo for too long hopefully, the latter of which often plays central now anyway. Walcott up top I'm still not convinced over, but tbh there aren't that many top choices there anyway. Lacazette will stay in France next season, Cavani just seems past it, Higuain is too much like Giroud for my liking but his stats don't lie he's a good finisher if available.

Ideally I'd rather we signed either Benteke or Higuain a real out and out striker over a supporting cast AM which we already have plenty of, both of which would be good signings, especially Benteke if we were going for the title where as Higuain would only benefit for CL where tbh we aren't going to compete any time soon.

But Barca rejects have always been a good bet for us, they've always turned good really, so Pedro would be a good shout if the price was right (i.e. £15mil as he's a bit part now is out of contract next season).
Always find it annoying when we go 2 or 3 nil up and then take our foot off the gas and up letting the other team back into it. I'd love to see us go on and score 4,5,6 or failing that just kill the game completely and don't concede again.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
It's called rivalry mate. Although I do agree to an extent, Arsenal fans constantly go on about tottenham. It's alright taking the piss out of them every now and then, like tonight for example, but focus your energy on supporting Arsenal.

Spurs are **** as well, it's not even an achievement.
Original post by leinad2012
x

Agree on injuries, but its really hard to criticize without knowing exactly what is going on behind the scenes wrt rest times etc. i.e its difficult to tell how far a player is along his recovery and therefore can't say whether a player was brought back too early or too late without hindsight. I think we issued a report on our medical and training methods last year and nothing came up.

Also on hamstring injuries I don't think there is any correlation between training methods as such, athletes often have set backs due to hamstring pulls when coming back from injury especially when the injury is around ankle area because it puts more stress on the hamstring during recovery, also the biology of the hamstring means that its a common injury for many athletes. Sometimes it's even the players fault for working themselves too hard to get back in action due to frustration but again it's hard to tell with these things and if the report says that our training/medical methods are fine, what else is there?

Ramsey on the wings is gonna keep happening until someone figures him out and nullifies him. He makes runs from the midfield still which is his forte and has excellent link up with the rest of the team, just needs to adapt and go wide when things aren't working for him in the middle so Bellerin and him can have 1-2 how do ya do easy as ya like jolly down the rhs which diversifies our play a lot more.

Do you spend your whole life whining like a bitch or just save it for this forum?

So we're only allowed to take the piss if we've achieved something notable? Should I pass it by you next time I'm at an away game and want to tell the home fans their city's a ****hole or that their atmosphere is sh*te, you know, just to check if it's a big enough occasion to do so? Stop taking everything so seriously ffs
(edited 8 years ago)
Benteke

Ben ****ing teke

You may as well sign berahino, Lambert and Austin. Jesus Christ
I think things are looking up with our injury record. Giroud and Ozil have been solid since they came back and Wilshere looked very sharp tonight. Seems like Shad Forsythe and his team are improving things.
Tottenham have finished above everyone except for Arsenal in the PL era
Original post by De Chirico
Do you spend your whole life whining like a bitch or just save it for this forum?

Save it for you especially xx
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
So we're only allowed to take the piss if we've achieved something notable? Should I pass it by you next time I'm at an away game and want to tell the home fans their city's a ****hole or that their atmosphere is sh*te, you know, just to check if it's a big enough occasion to do so? Stop taking everything so seriously ffs

Oh u mad.

It's barely an achievement when you consider the scale of the clubs and your players, finances etc. All I hear is "Tottenham are irrelevant" or "we're a big club" yet there's no St. Cityrengham or Liverpool equivalent bull****. Sad and pathetic to celebrate finishing above a **** rival and definitely not the hallmark of a big club.
Save it for you especially xx

I just hate to see you this way.
Oh u mad.

It's barely an achievement when you consider the scale of the clubs and your players, finances etc. All I hear is "Tottenham are irrelevant" or "we're a big club" yet there's no St. Cityrengham or Liverpool equivalent bull****. Sad and pathetic to celebrate finishing above a **** rival and definitely not the hallmark of a big club.

dont be an idiot, ofcourse other clubs dont have the same jokes as us about our rivals..

But you can be certain that united fans do have their own jokes/make fun of city fans..

And having lived in liverpool for the past year, I can certainly say that liverpool have their jokes for everton.. but I guess that is terrible! because everton are no challenge for liverpool this season, or historically.. so jeeze, they should not have jokes about them!

Latest