The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
Waffles :colone:

I don't get the hype?? I'd have a slice of chocolate cake over that any day...chocolate brownies though :coma:
Original post by Iqbal007
They still have packed out timetables compared to normal students....but once you get to the clinic part, it's more relaxing but also gives the motivation behind why people are doing Medicine in the first place. The first few years are quite heavy, but during the later years where you spend more time on clinics and practical stuff....I do think it eases up on people and gives that push to become a doctor watching these issues and solving the medical issues in peoples lives.

As a Muslim, it should be one of the most rewarding jobs there is in society, saving peoples lives and making their lives better.....I think the hardest part for many when they start is the night shift and obviously watching a patient in their care die.

I could not agree more with you brother, there's nothing much i would add as you've summed up my own feelings/ experiences so far.
[video="youtube;UNNEyjZSzDk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNNEyjZSzDk[/video]
Reply 9203
Waffles :colone:

R u Mariachi dupe?
As Salamu Alaikum,

Hope everyone is ok. :smile:

Double The Effort

[video="youtube;pCehOGtk35o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCehOGtk35o[/video]

[video="youtube;3UXWciqyj9Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=17&v=3UXWciqyj9Q[/video]
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
As Salamu Alaikum,

Hope everyone is ok. :smile:

Double The Effort

[video="youtube;pCehOGtk35o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCehOGtk35o[/video]

Wa'alaykumasalaam :biggrin:
Only 1.5 months til ramadan :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Walaykum asalaam

Double Faced People

Abu Hurairah RA said: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “People are like ores. Those who were excellent in the Days of Ignorance are excellent in Islam provided they acquire the knowledge and understanding of the religion. You will find the best people in it (Islam) those who had a deep hatred (for leadership). You will find the worst among the people a double-faced person who appears to some people with one face and to others with another face.”

(Bukhari and Muslim)
Has anyone finished memorising the Qur'aan?
Original post by Mary562

To be honest, I think anybody who has, would want to avoid boasting...and anybody who hasn't probably won't reply

:smile:
Original post by ImNotMe
To be honest, I think anybody who has, would want to avoid boasting...and anybody who hasn't probably won't reply

:smile:

Oh okay I guess no replies then :frown:

Original post by Mary562

No but i memorised my biology textbook :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I need to make myself clear a little :smile:

Basically, I've been focusing on my end of year exams and I need to do the same with this Quran exam I have coming up. I've explained to my teacher that one Juz is okay for me to do, I'm not able to revise for two because I know I’ll make quite a few mistakes. So, I just need a few tips on how to memorise effectively, when I do sit down to revise over the Surah’s - I know it all on the day I’m being tested however this only applies to short-term. I’d like to know how is it that once you've learnt a Surah how do you recall something from long-term memory. I struggle and need to look at the page to remember what next to recite.

Any help appreciated :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
أهلاً و سهلاً

So I converted to Islam, my SO doesn't know as she 'left' Islam but I was required to learn about Islam for he family... Go figure :rolleyes:

Anyway, how does one deal with temptation of past life, pork, alcohol etc... I was a dreadful Jew but I want to be a good Muslim, again go figure :rolleyes:

My life is just WTF :lol: so how do I deal with those temptations? :smile:

مع السلامة (I think).
Original post by tehFrance
أهلاً و سهلاً

So I converted to Islam, my SO doesn't know as she 'left' Islam but I was required to learn about Islam for he family... Go figure :rolleyes:

Anyway, how does one deal with temptation of past life, pork, alcohol etc... I was a dreadful Jew but I want to be a good Muslim, again go figure :rolleyes:

My life is just WTF :lol: so how do I deal with those temptations? :smile:

مع السلامة (I think).

Asalaamulaykum :smile:

Tbf I am surprised, didn't think I'd see you here (I don't mean this in a bad way).

Welcome! :biggrin:
:party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2:

I'm going to quote another convert because he's been through this and will know how to help you better :smile:

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
x

^
Asalaamulaykum :smile:

Tbf I am surprised, didn't think I'd see you here (I don't mean this in a bad way).

Welcome! :biggrin:

I'm going to quote another convert because he's been through this and will know how to help you better :smile:

Of course, but you know I read the Qur'an again, properly and well yeah.

I also have a question on prayers, I can't pray 5 times a day for various reasons. As long as I pray when I can, that should be okay right?
Original post by Lulu24
What did you do?

Erm, long story short, my father sold a plot of land and earnings from my job helped a bit. I'm very grateful for my family.
(edited 8 years ago)
I ran out of male tsr names to troll with on there tbh.

My next troll was going to be :

Ankabout: Shoutout to my homegirls Jameelxxx and Sister Rice.

But stopped, sorry again :colondollar:

Lol funny. Who's Sister Rice?
Original post by tehFrance
X

I'm very curious, did you change your investment portfolio like selling off shares for Companies whos business is deemed unlawful by Islam?

I think you'll be a great asset here.

Latest

Trending

Trending