The Student Room Group

All the anti-British political parties are left-wing. What does this say?

-SNP => left-wing
-SDLP => left-wing
-Sinn Fein => left-wing
-Plaid Cymru => left-wing (anti-British via pro-Welsh)

What does it mean when every anti-British political party (in Britain..... :confused:) is left-wing?

Labour will be propped-up by anti-British MPs.....
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Correlation does not equal causation.

Labour also disregarding British equality values that were fought for, disrespecting women, to appease Muslims voters and pander to it to get elected. This is the truth of the Labour Party. They will do whatever they can to get power and protect themselves. That's why in Rotherham nobody said anything and a blind eye was turned. Labour is akin to the mafia protecting itself like some sort of racket and doing whatever it can to manipulate people into voting for it. I would rather all Labour voters vote Green. The Greens might be bloody crazy when it comes to policy but at least they have morals unlike the Labour Party.
Original post by André 3000

Labour also disregarding British equality values that were fought for, disrespecting women, to appease Muslims voters and pander to it to get elected. This is the truth of the Labour Party. They will do whatever they can to get power and protect themselves. That's why in Rotherham nobody said anything and a blind eye was turned. Labour is akin to the mafia protecting itself like some sort of racket and doing whatever it can to manipulate people into voting for it. I would rather all Labour voters vote Green. The Greens might be bloody crazy when it comes to policy but at least they have morals unlike the Labour Party.

Strongly agree. That stunt alone would be enough yo make me leave.
another day, another right-wing nutjob thread from billydisco
Reply 5

The Greens and Lib Dems actually believe their left-wing views will make the UK a better place, which I respect them for. However, Labour know damn-well their "left"-wing views are to destroy the UK, to create a country full of dependents and anti-British immigrants, a bit like the blacks hating "the establishment" in the US (because of the anti-black police stories etc).

Labour HATE the aristocracy. They hate everything which makes England right-wing. They would rather open the floodgates to Islamic terrorists and immigrants who are hostile towards the UK, so long as it dilutes the native, right-wing population.
BILLY
You do know Sinn Fein don't sit and never will so won't back Labour.
How are SDLP anti-British? They are unionist.
Reply 7
Original post by Bornblue
BILLY
You do know Sinn Fein don't sit and never will so won't back Labour.
How are SDLP anti-British? They are unionist.

The SDLP believes in a United Ireland.

http://www.sdlp.ie/about/our-vision/
Reply 8

this cant be real
Reply 9
This is actually a good point, the Greens also support breaking up the UK (the Scottish Greens anyway).
Now seems as good a time as any to remember this quote from Orwell.

"England is perhaps the only great country whose intellectuals are ashamed of their own nationality. In left-wing circles it is always felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman and that it is a duty to snigger at every English institution."

It still very much holds true today. The white van man controversy showed Labour's contempt for the working-class, as did Gordon Brown's dismissal of a working-class British woman's concerns over immigration as "bigoted". Diane Abbott;s promotion of seemingly every culture over the British one is indicative of this too.

Then we have the Greens, who so hate the UK that they think that it's acceptable to be part of a terrorist organisation, that terrorism is entirely the Western world's fault and that it is better to spend GDP propping up foreign dictators and funding India's space programme then it is spending money on protecting our country.

The SNP and Plaid Cymru are both anti-union, which I concede is more due to their nationalism than it is the fact that they are left-wing, but the fact remains that there does not appear to be a single major left-wing party which is not anti-British in some way.
Reply 11
and then you have the Guardian, easily betrays Britain regarding national security.
that the left wing is anti-British?
vote labour! left wings the only way!
Reply 14
Original post by tengentoppa
Now seems as good a time as any to remember this quote from Orwell.

"England is perhaps the only great country whose intellectuals are ashamed of their own nationality. In left-wing circles it is always felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman and that it is a duty to snigger at every English institution."

It still very much holds true today. The white van man controversy showed Labour's contempt for the working-class, as did Gordon Brown's dismissal of a working-class British woman's concerns over immigration as "bigoted". Diane Abbott;s promotion of seemingly every culture over the British one is indicative of this too.

Then we have the Greens, who so hate the UK that they think that it's acceptable to be part of a terrorist organisation, that terrorism is entirely the Western world's fault and that it is better to spend GDP propping up foreign dictators and funding India's space programme then it is spending money on protecting our country.

The SNP and Plaid Cymru are both anti-union, which I concede is more due to their nationalism than it is the fact that they are left-wing, but the fact remains that there does not appear to be a single major left-wing party which is not anti-British in some way.

Provide evidence of this.
Original post by demx9
this cant be real
if you are referring to the picture then it can.
Who gives a **** whether they're anti-British or not? You're irrationally describing 'British' as intrinsically meritorious when it's clearly not. Naturally, this doesn't prevent it from being instrumentally meritorious but I'd have to ask you to show your working without making some ridiculously daft terrorism point.

Also, without saying that it didn't happen, please offer a source for that image, or at least tell us at which event it was taken.
Reply 17
Original post by Llamageddon
if you are referring to the picture then it can.

I couldn't imagine that Labour was so bad .. I also saw Milliband talking about banning Islamophobia
Original post by demx9
I couldn't imagine that Labour was so bad .. I also saw Milliband talking about banning Islamophobia
I'm not certain it will swing votes but it makes for very difficult viewing when labour mps are asked about it.

Quick Reply