Slice of life/comedy is my thing. :yy:
Original post by MrDystopia
Recommendations based on the following which I like:

Welcome to the NHK
Usagi Drop
Azumangah Daioh
Kill me Baby

Nichijou is the king of 4-koma comedy for me, I cannot recommend this strongly enough. Here's a few other suggestions, though:

Barakamon

Lucky Star

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Genshiken

Welcome to the NHK
Usagi Drop
Azumangah Daioh
Kill me Baby

Nichijou
Wolf Children (movie)
Barakamon

EDIT: Got beat to two of them already.

Other good slice of life shows:
Clannad
Hyouka
Gin no Saji
(edited 8 years ago)

Welcome to the NHK
Usagi Drop
Azumangah Daioh
Kill me Baby

Lucky Star! :woo:

Goes down as my favourite anime ever :awesome:

Would highly, highly recommend Clannad, Clannad After Stories, Kanon (2006) and Air TV. I've never been more moved than those 4 series :moon:
Finally finished Attack on Titan and Space Dandy just recently. Still not watching much, but my DVD/BR backlog continues to grow.

Picked up a few bargains off of amazon- Kill la Kill pt.1, Durarara and Un-Go.

For my fellow collection nerds the DRRR blu ray set is £23.50 at the moment- for months I've seen it hover around £48-70 so I thought I'd let y'all know :yes:
Just started Usagi Drop, a very lovely and heartwarming show so far. Lots of cute and funny moments, I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot. Also, great opening and ending songs.
Reply 8926
Anybody else watched the trailer to Noragami season 2?
It was so epic! I cant wait for it now! It looks like it'll be one heated season with soooo many feels! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Truered
Finally finished Attack on Titan and Space Dandy just recently. Still not watching much, but my DVD/BR backlog continues to grow.

Picked up a few bargains off of amazon- Kill la Kill pt.1, Durarara and Un-Go.

For my fellow collection nerds the DRRR blu ray set is £23.50 at the moment- for months I've seen it hover around £48-70 so I thought I'd let y'all know :yes:

You don't happen to know if there's a Region 2 Blu-Ray/DVD (or region free) release of English-subbed Lucky Star do you? I remember having a look about 3/4 years ago and not digging anything up :colonhash:
You're so knowledgeable @angryjellyfish.
(edited 8 years ago)
My Love Story!! continues to be a masterclass in perfect slice of life adorableness. UtaPri Revolution continues to deliver episodes where basically nothing happens but it mangaes to be entertaining somehow. & that is still all I watch.
Reply 8931
Just finished watching madoka magica from recommendation. I was questioning it to about episode 3 then I understood what people were on about haha. I was good though, I do love anime that goes pretty dark with stuff.

My girlfriend has been telling me to watch Plastic memories lately. Seeing the conversations about it on here and her recommendations I am rather looking forward to it :biggrin:
Just finished Usagi Drop, a 9/10 from me.

Spoiler

Original post by EdwardElric
Just finished Usagi Drop, a 9/10 from me.

Spoiler

You finished that quickly :tongue: . Would you recommend it?
Original post by Nirgilis
You finished that quickly :tongue: . Would you recommend it?

Yeah, I watched the first two episodes on Sunday and I marathoned the rest (9 episodes) yesterday. I started pretty late though so I finished around 1:30 a.m, since I was watching the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya during the afternoon which is almost 3 hours long.

I really would recommend it if you enjoy SOL or just a great story in general. I liked how it covered the theme of parenthood so well, and it (almost) made me wish I had a kid myself. Just a very cute and heartwarming show overall. I just wish it was a little longer though.
Made myself a Top 50 anime list using A-P's new look custom list function. Much better than what I had before! :biggrin:

My thoughts/reasons why they're on the list will be added when I have the time, and I guess I should probably try and put them in some sort of order (right now it's completely randomized).

[EDIT] It is now in (very rough) order of awesomeness, though I'll probably keep playing with it all evening. :p:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
News about Digimon Adventure Tri - apparently it's going to be a series of 6 movies. :s:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-06/digimon-adventure-tri-is-6-part-theatrical-anime-with-new-cast/.87876

This could be interesting....
Original post by EL_Horse
This could be interesting....

Should hopefully mean better animation, but also a much much longer wait for fans outside of Japan. Hopefully they'll prove to be worth it!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Should hopefully mean better animation, but also a much much longer wait for fans outside of Japan. Hopefully they'll prove to be worth it!

Did you watch the original series in sub or dub? I watched it in dub and i doubt i could i watch it sub now :/ Just means an even longer wait before i can watch it :'(

Latest