The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Miyata
That's cool, thanks.

So I guess not really much I can do to prepare for written task. I thought some research about the company would be useful, or some a-level math/further math revision as I don't remember all of the material, but seeing how it will be very logical, sort of like an IQ test, it is not required.

Thanks for the clarifications. How did yours go by the way? I am having mine tomorrow.

Oh, and do you know how long does the fast track Apprenticeshp last? I am pretty sure it said it somewhere but I can't remember now and had a look on their website all other but can't find it.

No problem!
Yeah there's no need for preparation, the scenario they provide you with is entirely fictional and you need no prior knowledge haha! Yeah I think it went okay, it could have gone better though. Do you mean as in the apprenticeship itself? I think it's three years? But if you mean the assessment centre mine lasted from about 9-12 :smile: good luck!
Reply 161
Original post by lolsl1
No problem!
Yeah there's no need for preparation, the scenario they provide you with is entirely fictional and you need no prior knowledge haha! Yeah I think it went okay, it could have gone better though. Do you mean as in the apprenticeship itself? I think it's three years? But if you mean the assessment centre mine lasted from about 9-12 :smile: good luck!

I just checked the website and it says it's 1-4 years depending on the level :smile:
Original post by LisaThur
Im in Manchester and got an invite to the assessment centre last week for operational delivery and the fast track scheme. I've got one Friday and the following Tuesday so you should hear something soon ; )

Where abouts is the assessment centre for Manchester? I'm from Manchester too but still waiting to hear back :/
Original post by studentLynch
nope unfortunately not yet, all hope isn't lost yet they're doing loads of interviews these next few weeks/months apparently I'm wandering if i bombed the exams now though lol

Fingers crossed for both of us!
Reply 164
Do you know if anyone on here has heard back out of office hours.. like after 5pm?
Also I had an email saying we should hear back by the end of April. As that's today, does that mean all hope is gone?
Reply 165
Original post by Piledriver
Just heard back, assessment on the 6th on parliament street. Can anyone who's done the written exercise if there was an option to word process it? If not do you think they would permit me to do so if I contact them about it in advance, I usually do in exams. :confused:

What time did you get the email with the invite to the assessment centre? Was it out of office hours?
Original post by Baby J
Do you know if anyone on here has heard back out of office hours.. like after 5pm?
Also I had an email saying we should hear back by the end of April. As that's today, does that mean all hope is gone?

I'm starting to feel the same, in all fairness in my email (as I suspect it did everyone's) it said you should hear back by the end of April so not definitely the end of April but most people seem to have heard back already (those who got to the assessment centres that is) about their progress in the process.
Original post by Baby J
What time did you get the email with the invite to the assessment centre? Was it out of office hours?

4pm, so no. However I sent off my application on the day they opened and I only heard back yesterday, so there's definitely still hope. :smile:
Reply 168
Anyone heard anything back today?
The guy at my assessment centre told me they say end of June, but from past experience he feels we will hear at the end of May!
He said there is still many interviews going on and no one will really hear back until they are all done, so they have a benchmark to go against! :smile:
Original post by christophaw
The guy at my assessment centre told me they say end of June, but from past experience he feels we will hear at the end of May!
He said there is still many interviews going on and no one will really hear back until they are all done, so they have a benchmark to go against! :smile:

so hopefully more people will hear back this week commencing ? i really hope i hear back can't wait
Original post by studentLynch
so hopefully more people will hear back this week commencing ? i really hope i hear back can't wait

Do you mean hear back to have the job, or hear back for the assessment centre?:smile:
Original post by christophaw
Do you mean hear back to have the job, or hear back for the assessment centre?:smile:

Pretty sure he means assessment day, I know he was having issues with the guaranteed interview scheme.
Those who have been to FSAC in the past few weeks are meant to know by June what the outcome is, however one of my assessors said that was the absolute latest date so is likely to be earlier depending on when people attended the FSAC.
Original post by AndersonRN
Pretty sure he means assessment day, I know he was having issues with the guaranteed interview scheme.
Those who have been to FSAC in the past few weeks are meant to know by June what the outcome is, however one of my assessors said that was the absolute latest date so is likely to be earlier depending on when people attended the FSAC.

yeah i mean the assessment centre interviews, I'm pretty sure theres still a large amount of interviews happening this month, so fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 174
Original post by Piledriver
Just heard back, assessment on the 6th on parliament street. Can anyone who's done the written exercise if there was an option to word process it? If not do you think they would permit me to do so if I contact them about it in advance, I usually do in exams. :confused:

I'm also at that assessment center, we might bump into each other on the day :biggrin: I did it last year and it wasn't on offer just pen and paper. However if you have any disability it defiantly sounds like a reasonable adjustment to let you word process it, but if you haven't asked it could be a little late.
Reply 175
I'm also booked in for this upcoming Wednesday at parliament street :-)
Reply 176
I applied for the Operational Delivery Apprenticeship on 15th March and did the online test on 1st April then received confirmation that I've been successful and to book an assessment date on the 26th April. I've booked my date for the 11th May, it's at Centenery Court Bradford. I'm kinda nervous about the written assignment part, was wondering if anyone could shed some more light on it?
I've got an assessment centre on 8th may in Newcastle, I was just wondering what documentation other people had taken? It seems quite ambigious, on one thing it seems as if you only have to provide proof of various things but on the other it seems as if you have to take a large amount of documentation (Passport photo signed, birth certificate etc.). Any help appreciated! Just i am currently student living away from home and I'm not sure if I'll have chance to go home and pick these up!
Original post by nutterbutter3005
I've got an assessment centre on 8th may in Newcastle, I was just wondering what documentation other people had taken? It seems quite ambigious, on one thing it seems as if you only have to provide proof of various things but on the other it seems as if you have to take a large amount of documentation (Passport photo signed, birth certificate etc.). Any help appreciated! Just i am currently student living away from home and I'm not sure if I'll have chance to go home and pick these up!

I took my passport, p60, bank statement and photo driving licence and they asked me to email them a scanned copy of my birth certificate and a signed passport photo. I'd say take as much as they can and if they ask for more, get someone at home to scan what you need and then forward it on. Hope this helps and good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by veggyem96
I took my passport, p60, bank statement and photo driving licence and they asked me to email them a scanned copy of my birth certificate and a signed passport photo. I'd say take as much as they can and if they ask for more, get someone at home to scan what you need and then forward it on. Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you that's great! Was just getting panicked about not having anything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest