The Student Room Group

C1 Revision Help

Hey so basically, I'm resitting C1 Maths next Wednesday.

My one dilemma with revision is that all my notes from last year are shocking and I have some past papers to do but I don't really have any notes to go off or a text book etc so just wondering if anybody knew some good revision resources?
Original post by Klatie

My one dilemma with revision is that all my notes from last year are shocking and I have some past papers to do but I don't really have any notes to go off or a text book etc so just wondering if anybody knew some good revision resources?

I think Examsolutions should be useful to you if you're doing Edexcel (I'm not sure if they do any other syllabuses).

It sounds like you're an A2 student resitting an AS module - in which case C1 should be fairly easy if you just brush up on the specification and do a few past papers.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
I think Examsolutions should be useful to you if you're doing Edexcel (I'm not sure if they do any other syllabuses).

It sounds like you're an A2 student resitting an AS module - in which case C1 should be fairly easy if you just brush up on the specification and do a few past papers.

I got an E last year and was doing A2 but about 12 weeks ago I dropped A2 to redo AS. A lot of difficulties over last couple of years affected how well I worked in lessons, concentration etc so I'm honestly struggling to remember any of it aha but cheers :smile:
Original post by Klatie

Don't worry about the notes, just do past papers and go over questions you get wrong on examsolutions
Reply 4
Original post by midgemeister7
Don't worry about the notes, just do past papers and go over questions you get wrong on examsolutions

my point is I can't answer anything haha xD
Original post by Klatie
I got an E last year and was doing A2 but about 12 weeks ago I dropped A2 to redo AS. A lot of difficulties over last couple of years affected how well I worked in lessons, concentration etc so I'm honestly struggling to remember any of it aha but cheers :smile:

Aw. Hope you're getting better :grouphugs:

If you can't find videos online (eg looking for C1 [exam board] videos) then it may be worth asking your school if they have a spare textbook around.
I will also be resitting the C1 Edexcel module next week and the only advice I can give to you is to practice. Exam Solutions and Hegarty Maths should teach you C1, C2 and S1 (all seperately, don't worry) Then go straight to physics and maths tutor to brush up on your newly found skills. The only way to get better at maths is to continue practicing over and over again. Doing Past papers gets you more familiar with exam etiquette and further familiarises yourself with what examiners want to see and how you should go about with certain questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending