The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samb1234
About 1hr 30 but I did some of it in very long winded ways

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Krollo
A bit over an hour iirc

FML, I've probably spent 1h30mins so far and I've still got 2 Q's left, I'm kinda using it as procrastination for physics :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by enaayrah
This has probably been asked before, but why did everyone choose Cambridge over Oxford? :tongue:

For me personally, it's because my GCSEs aren't exactly amazing, I have some relatives in Cambridge and I'll always think of Oxford as full to the brim with toffs :lol:

Edit: Cambridge is also much, much more prettier!

Cambridge is where the smart people are at

I want to be the dumbest person in the room

Posted from TSR Mobile
Illness sick, otherwise I'd be up revising like mad :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope you get better 😃.
Original post by lyricalvibe

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do I! :five:
This has probably been asked before, but why did everyone choose Cambridge over Oxford? :tongue:

For me personally, it's because my GCSEs aren't exactly amazing, I have some relatives in Cambridge and I'll always think of Oxford as full to the brim with toffs :lol:

Edit: Cambridge is also much, much more prettier!

I also don't have stellar GCSEs (at least not by Oxford standards!). I'm hoping that when I go to the open day I will find more reason to like Cambridge in itself, though.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope you get better .

Thanks :smile: I have an F322 mock tomorrow as well which I probably won't do my best in
How are we all approaching the exam season then? I see a few of yous doing all nighters! I personally am going to relax a bit (well, not "relax" but just ensuring a get enough sleep and that) :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anti-Dirac
I also don't have stellar GCSEs (at least not by Oxford standards!). I'm hoping that when I go to the open day I will find more reason to like Cambridge in itself, though.

Looking at vlogs and pictures etc, the Cambridge city looks very peaceful and quiet. I'm not sure I'd like the hustle and bustle of Oxford
Original post by Wawasan
How are we all approaching the exam season then? I see a few of yous doing all nighters! I personally am going to relax a bit (well, not "relax" but just ensuring a get enough sleep and that) :tongue:

Actually feeling way more stressed than for GCSEs because of this silly UMS thing they keep telling me about :wink:
No way can I do an all-nighter - maybe 3 hours when I get home them off to bed!
Looking at vlogs and pictures etc, the Cambridge city looks very peaceful and quiet. I'm not sure I'd like the hustle and bustle of Oxford

I've been to both Cambridge and Oxford multiple times and I can say that Cambridge is far more beautiful than Oxford (imo). :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do I! :five:

If all goes well, in ~1.5 years you may look back at these posts and wistfully recall the good old days when you used to believe you were quite clever :wink:.
Original post by Anti-Dirac
Actually feeling way more stressed than for GCSEs because of this silly UMS thing they keep telling me about :wink:
No way can I do an all-nighter - maybe 3 hours when I get home them off to bed!

Hmm incidentally I actually feel the opposite! My reasoning is that I've been able to revise for my AS Levels in much more depth beforehand and as such, I kind of feel as though this is just a bit of a consolidation stage,and any revision from now on will have only a negligible impact on my performance. Nevertheless though you're right - that could mean a couple more UMS, especially in Maths and Sciences! :cool:
Original post by Protoxylic
I've been to both Cambridge and Oxford multiple times and I can say that Cambridge is far more beautiful than Oxford (imo). :tongue:

Some Oxford students I know have also told me that :tongue:
Original post by ClickItBack
If all goes well, in ~1.5 years you may look back at these posts and think about the good old days when you used to believe you were quite clever :wink:.

Na I don't think I'm cleverbI just meant I wanted to be surrounded by people truly brilliant at their subject and I think Cambridge cultures this. I guess the tag on sentence suggested some arrogance :colondollar: but its just a quote I kinda liked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If all goes well, in ~1.5 years you may look back at these posts and wistfully recall the good old days when you used to believe you were quite clever :wink:.

Hmm after joining this thread, I've already done that several times :lol:
Some Oxford students I know have also told me that :tongue:

Oh really? Haha that's quite funny actually :biggrin:
Na I don't think I'm cleverbI just meant I wanted to be surrounded by people truly brilliant at their subject and I think Cambridge cultures this. I guess the tag on sentence suggested some arrogance :colondollar: but its just a quote I kinda liked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I didn't meant to imply you guys were arrogant at all. It's a truism anyway that most people who apply to Cambridge are amongst the top academically in their peer groups so it's only natural to feel clever.

Hmm after joining this thread, I've already done that several times :lol:

There are some really bright people on TSR. There was this 'challenging maths problem' thread that spawned off from the 2015 Cam applicants thread and the people in there were solving stuff that I'm not sure I could have done . . . and I'm a maths graduate . . .
Original post by Wawasan
Hmm incidentally I actually feel the opposite! My reasoning is that I've been able to revise for my AS Levels in much more depth beforehand and as such, I kind of feel as though this is just a bit of a consolidation stage,and any revision from now on will have only a negligible impact on my performance. Nevertheless though you're right - that could mean a couple more UMS, especially in Maths and Sciences! :cool:

I do understand what you mean! I feel like I know the specifications inside-out but that there's just going to be that one question(s) where I make a silly mistake, and that just really gets me. The fact that I actually enjoy all of my subjects does help tremendously though :smile:

I visited Oxford and it was pretty too but Cambridge looks prettier as far as I've seen. Looking forward to visit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I didn't meant to imply you guys were arrogant at all. It's a truism anyway that most people who apply to Cambridge are amongst the top academically in their peer groups so it's only natural to feel clever.

There are some really bright people on TSR. There was this 'challenging maths problem' thread that spawned off from the 2015 Cam applicants thread and the people in there were solving stuff that I'm not sure I could have done . . . and I'm a maths graduate . . .

Do you have the question? I'm interested (I don't think I can do it though if you can't :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending