The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Waz96
Yeah ive used that one from the library but i prefer the Advancing Maths individual C4 C3 and S2 ones. I hsed those for AS and they really helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that the SMP ones by Cambridge university press? I can't remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Is that the SMP ones by Cambridge university press? I can't remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry i cant remember exactly either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 322
Original post by Waz96
Sorry i cant remember exactly either

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries! Do you have an applied option June 2014 mock coming up? I have an M2 mock for June 2014 this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
No worries! Do you have an applied option June 2014 mock coming up? I have an M2 mock for June 2014 this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope ive had all my proper mocks, we only have a week left till sthdy leave. But i think we are going to get the june 2014 s2 paper to do at home over the weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 324
Original post by Waz96
Nope ive had all my proper mocks, we only have a week left till sthdy leave. But i think we are going to get the june 2014 s2 paper to do at home over the weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good! Is S2 harder than S1 or similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Sounds good! Is S2 harder than S1 or similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well tbh the topics are a bit harder to grasp but once you do its not much harder than S1. Only thing is that questions like the Chi Squared test take ridiculously long to do!

How is Mechanics? I know somone who did M1 and M2, he said it was quite hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Mechanics is really easy, personally. I find stats much harder. I'm finding S1 harder than M3 atm (seriously)
Original post by ubisoft
Mechanics is really easy, personally. I find stats much harder. I'm finding S1 harder than M3 atm (seriously)

Wow really? Id offer to help you out on anything you dont get with S1, but i done that 2 years ago and in all honesty i dont recall much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waz96
Wow really? Id offer to help you out on anything you dont get with S1, but i done that 2 years ago and in all honesty i dont recall much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably because I was doing FP2 in my stats lessons lol. I only need 40 ums though, so it should be alright.
Original post by ubisoft
Probably because I was doing FP2 in my stats lessons lol. I only need 40 ums though, so it should be alright.

How come you only need 40 ums? You must have completely smashed all the others then huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waz96
How come you only need 40 ums? You must have completely smashed all the others then huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got 95+ in all my pure and mechanics units
Reply 331
Original post by Waz96
Well tbh the topics are a bit harder to grasp but once you do its not much harder than S1. Only thing is that questions like the Chi Squared test take ridiculously long to do!

How is Mechanics? I know somone who did M1 and M2, he said it was quite hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say mechanics was easy but it s certainly helped by the fact I also do physics aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 332
Hi guys, does anyone have any revision notes or key points/formulas on C4 Vectors please? I'm absolutely awful at them, and don't even know how to go about answering the questions -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 333
Original post by saad97
Hi guys, does anyone have any revision notes or key points/formulas on C4 Vectors please? I'm absolutely awful at them, and don't even know how to go about answering the questions -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have a look at the resources in the first post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saad97

Posted from TSR Mobile

Vector questions are just pure evil.
I dont get them either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waz96
Vector questions are just pure evil.
I dont get them either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shed a tear for a brother who has to get 90 in FP4, which is all vectors and matrices. :colone:
Reply 336
Original post by ubisoft
Shed a tear for a brother who has to get 90 in FP4, which is all vectors and matrices. :colone:

You're insanely clever though so you'll be fine :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 337
June 2014 was so difficult. I couldn't even finish all the questions.
Reply 338
Original post by Tiwa
June 2014 was so difficult. I couldn't even finish all the questions.

Is this C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 339

Yeah. I should've specified that. 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending