The Student Room Group

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2/5

Scroll to see replies

Canelo-Kirkland is where the real action is. I agree with De La Hoya.
Apparently Pacquiao is out for pretty much a year because he needs shoulder surgery. Slightly more authentic than Haye's toe excuse anyway.
Anyone who thinks Pac deserved to win that fight does not know a thing about boxing. It may have been a boring fight but Mayweather deffo won that. he is definately the best fighter of our generation. His 48-0 record tells you that easlily. Team Mayweather all the way!
Apparently, Floyd has texted an ESPN guy and told him he's willing to wait for Manny to recover from his shoulder surgery, which will take 9-12 months and give him a rematch?! Jokes. Floyd knows that ain't happening but looks good PR in someways..
Floyd should wait, and put the idea the shoulder was an reason for his loss to bed. That has got to be some of the easiest money Floyd has ever made.
ITV4 at 11pm tonight - a programme about the rise of Manny Pacquiao. Apparently it has been on before, anyone seen it?
Original post by Aky786UK
ITV4 at 11pm tonight - a programme about the rise of Manny Pacquiao. Apparently it has been on before, anyone seen it?
Thanks for that. Why did they not air if before the fight...

EDIT: Rep system is so messed up. A feeling of surprise when I'm actually able to rep someone rather than PRSOM. Can't even go on neg sprees anymore.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel
Floyd should wait, and put the idea the shoulder was an reason for his loss to bed. That has got to be some of the easiest money Floyd has ever made.

I can already see what's going to happen. Floyd beats Amir Khan later this year, announces his retirement.

Manny returns next year, beats a good 140/147lber convincingly, say Jessie Vargas. Hype surrounds Manny, media say he's still one of the best in boxing etc. Floyd returns, HBO pay him $200m to fight Manny for his 50th fight.
You have to admit the people on youtube make really funny youtube videos about the Mayweather-Pacquaio fight. Boxing is entertaining, not only are you watching contenders fight but you also see the funny stuff in boxing, such as the memes on the internet
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I can already see what's going to happen. Floyd beats Amir Khan later this year, announces his retirement.

Manny returns next year, beats a good 140/147lber convincingly, say Jessie Vargas. Hype surrounds Manny, media say he's still one of the best in boxing etc. Floyd returns, HBO pay him $200m to fight Manny for his 50th fight.
You think he'll fight Amir? I've heard most people talking about Garcia. Kind of want him to stand Khan up tbh. Still feel Khan should be looking for a Garcia rematch instead of a nothing fight with Algieri, remove that stain from his record.

It could go either way with Floyd. With his preparation, I don't think getting back in the ring is something he will take lightly, he'll need to be in top condition. Not sure he'll have that drive once he's retired. That said, I think Floyd will get lonely outside the ring, without all the attention and acclaim. Might prove too much of a lure, beyond just the money.
We want a rematch!
Original post by Sara_PLL
Anyone who thinks Pac deserved to win that fight does not know a thing about boxing. It may have been a boring fight but Mayweather deffo won that. he is definately the best fighter of our generation. His 48-0 record tells you that easlily. Team Mayweather all the way!

lol shutup please?

Apparently, Floyd has texted an ESPN guy and told him he's willing to wait for Manny to recover from his shoulder surgery, which will take 9-12 months and give him a rematch?! Jokes. Floyd knows that ain't happening but looks good PR in someways..

Tomato sauce?

Spoke to my dad last week and he mentioned this. He said it was decent.
Original post by Fizzel
You think he'll fight Amir? I've heard most people talking about Garcia. Kind of want him to stand Khan up tbh. Still feel Khan should be looking for a Garcia rematch instead of a nothing fight with Algieri, remove that stain from his record.

It could go either way with Floyd. With his preparation, I don't think getting back in the ring is something he will take lightly, he'll need to be in top condition. Not sure he'll have that drive once he's retired. That said, I think Floyd will get lonely outside the ring, without all the attention and acclaim. Might prove too much of a lure, beyond just the money.

Khan would be an interesting fight for Floyd. Noticed that he generally likes using his reach well, and he's quick enough to get his punches in and duck out of there. Would like to see how he fights a guy taller than him who's immensely quick with the jab. Might just be mere speculation as he probably has that I can't recall, but it'd be a better fight than Manny gave him I reckon.
i respect pacquiao a lot however during the lead up to this fight he got a little bit cocky and then to make matters worse he forgot how to fight for 9/10 rounds. Floyd was the better fighter during the night.And if skill and technique is boring, then yes that fight was hella boring.

At the end of the day though, they both walked out with over 100 million dollar so basically they both won.
Original post by IceyFish
Khan would be an interesting fight for Floyd. Noticed that he generally likes using his reach well, and he's quick enough to get his punches in and duck out of there. Would like to see how he fights a guy taller than him who's immensely quick with the jab. Might just be mere speculation as he probably has that I can't recall, but it'd be a better fight than Manny gave him I reckon.

heck even maidana gave a better fight than pacquiao did. what i like about amir khan is that he would put his chin on the line against floyd and go all out something i expected pacquiao to do. i don't think amir khan would be able to beat floyd but it will definitely be a closer fight than floyd-pacman.
Original post by xpointx
We want a rematch!

not if pacquiao is going to fight like he did in the last match
I don't know what fight you lot watched, what I saw from Floyd was jab, jab jab, Manny gets a few hits, Floyd Hugs Manny to stop the combinations, more jabs from Floyd. This happened pretty much every round.

Boring, pathetic, Manny went into the ring wanting to fight. Floyd went into the ring to throw a few jabs. He wasn't there to fight.

I hope there's a rematch.
Original post by Fizzel

All fingers point to Khan right now. Virgil Hunter has come out and said it (link includes an Al Haymon sighting), as has Sugar Ray Leonard on his twitter account: 'Hm. @FloydMayweather camp asked @AmirKingKhan to be his next opponent. Now what are your thoughts on this? That should be another big fight!'.

I agree, Khan should be looking to avenge his defeats. Having said that, I don't think Al Haymon wants his future cash cows going at it just yet.

Original post by Optimum_
I don't know what fight you lot watched, what I saw from Floyd was jab, jab jab, Manny gets a few hits, Floyd Hugs Manny to stop the combinations, more jabs from Floyd. This happened pretty much every round.

Boring, pathetic, Manny went into the ring wanting to fight. Floyd went into the ring to throw a few jabs. He wasn't there to fight.

I hope there's a rematch.

You must have missed all those straight rights and left hooks Floyd was catching Manny with. It certainly wasn't a clinic from Floyd though, he just got the job done. Should have looked for the stoppage in the last two rounds tbh.

How do you explain this?
Original post by xpointx

How do you explain this?

We get it, you like memes. And posting the same memes. How hilarious you are.

Quick Reply

Latest