The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

:sigh: Anxious and low
Original post by ParadoxSocks
feeling awful today and like i might not pass my course. my uni tutor is looking at extending my placement to make sure i meet it all but my school are just confused as to what's going on and why this is even happening.

sobbed at my school course coordinator and it was super embarrassing snotty sobbing. i'm just so tired and sick of failing when i'm working so hard :frown:

:hugs: Hope things work out.
Original post by TheTipsyTarsier
Yeah I've been out for a month. It's just hard to imagine ever being over it and feeling better. Every day is exhausting the paranoia, watching everywhere for him. I can't go home, I've been staying in people's houses for a month because I just can't face going back to my village. Even booked a holiday alone the other day for Sunday. Booked it on a whim and now I'm like....'omg what have I done I'm going to Barcelona alone on Sunday' whaaaa

Aww, Barcelona's brilliant, you'll have a great time. :smile:

Is moving somewhere new an option? I doubt I'd want to go home again right now either, so maybe a year or two away would help?

Original post by Danny the Geezer
:sigh: Anxious and low

:hugs:
potentially triggering for abuse/mention of police

Spoiler

Original post by ScaryScience
potentially triggering for abuse/mention of police

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by superwolf
Aww, Barcelona's brilliant, you'll have a great time. :smile:

Is moving somewhere new an option? I doubt I'd want to go home again right now either, so maybe a year or two away would help?

:hugs:

Yeah I can't wait to get away. I still have a year of uni left so Im going to stick it out til then. I'm a qualified English as a foreign language teacher so I'll be out of Wales for good next summer and I have a summer job in England so that'll help :h:
I'm just beginning to come to terms with the fact that I was in an abusive relationship for 10 years and it is crushing me. Horrific night. It just can't have happened to me

:hugs: :hugs:

Stay strong :h: I'm jealous about out going to Barcelona though! I've never been, but beach(es) look divine :lol:
Yeah I can't wait to get away. I still have a year of uni left so Im going to stick it out til then. I'm a qualified English as a foreign language teacher so I'll be out of Wales for good next summer and I have a summer job in England so that'll help :h:

Ooh, I've got a TEFL qualification too. :five: Good luck for the next year of uni, I hope that things are looking up for you now. :smile:
Ooh, I've got a TEFL qualification too. :five: Good luck for the next year of uni, I hope that things are looking up for you now. :smile:

Oooh cool :h: Yeah, finished CELTA in Jan, was quite a struggle what with the end of the relationship being so bad. It seems things indeed are looking up thanks :h: just want to feel safe again.
Oooh cool :h: Yeah, finished CELTA in Jan, was quite a struggle what with the end of the relationship being so bad. It seems things indeed are looking up thanks :h: just want to feel safe again.

Yeah, that must have been tough, it's a really intense course, especially when you're trying to cope with other stuff (I did it a few years ago when I had moderate to bad depression). :sadnod: Is great that you got through it though, means you've basically got a passport to work anywhere in the non-English-speaking world!

Have you been to the police at all about your ex? I don't know what the procedure is exactly, but might be good to have something on record, or see if getting a restraining order is appropriate, just in case they're bearing a grudge.

Anyways, whatever happens we'll be behind you 100%. :h:
:frown:

Yeah, that must have been tough, it's a really intense course, especially when you're trying to cope with other stuff (I did it a few years ago when I had moderate to bad depression). :sadnod: Is great that you got through it though, means you've basically got a passport to work anywhere in the non-English-speaking world!

Have you been to the police at all about your ex? I don't know what the procedure is exactly, but might be good to have something on record, or see if getting a restraining order is appropriate, just in case they're bearing a grudge.

Anyways, whatever happens we'll be behind you 100%. :h:

TEFL/CELTA is always something I've been interested in - how did you guys do it? I see websites that do it but it seems to be very expensive and no guarantee of anything at the end?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by kiss_me_now9
TEFL/CELTA is always something I've been interested in - how did you guys do it? I see websites that do it but it seems to be very expensive and no guarantee of anything at the end?

I wouldn't go for an online course - it's the classroom experience that really helps and that employers will look for. The CELTA is expensive, but it's internationally recognised and all that kind of thing, as well as being reliably good quality. I'd recommend it, and I don't know anyone else who wouldn't. Feel free to ask any questions you've got about it. :smile:

Oh by the way, think you quoted me a few days ago and I didn't answer about what crafting I do: my current main project is sewing mouse hammocks! :tongue:

Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
thank you and yeah it definitely is. i dunno my dad and i...we aren't close. he's abusive. but i still care for some bizarre reason. :dontknow:
trying your best is all you need to do! and you will do better than last year. :yep: did your friend get back to you?

i really should get netflix at some point..everyones always going on about it! i waste a lot of time on youtube watching let's plays. :P i dont really care for tv haha. but gaming, gaming i could game alllllllll day. (and yeah....stereotypical "girly" ****, like makeup videos too. but ehh, mainly let's plays nowadays. :redface:)

[completely forgot to hit send on this o_o]

Oh sorry, didn't know that. :hugs: Nah he hasn't yet. If he doesn't want to meet up then that's okay. It seems like I only attract unreliable people, there must be something wrong with me.

Yeah, Netflix is really good. Has helped me enormously throughout some tough times, whenever I am feeling pretty crap I just watch something on there so time goes quicker and my mind has something to focus on. Never heard of lets plays haha. I don't really like normal tv to be honest, but I love TV shows although I have seen so many now :lol: What kinda games do you enjoy? I'm not as much into gaming, but one of my brothers is into it.

How are you feeling today? :hugs:
I wouldn't go for an online course - it's the classroom experience that really helps and that employers will look for. The CELTA is expensive, but it's internationally recognised and all that kind of thing, as well as being reliably good quality. I'd recommend it, and I don't know anyone else who wouldn't. Feel free to ask any questions you've got about it. :smile:

Oh by the way, think you quoted me a few days ago and I didn't answer about what crafting I do: my current main project is sewing mouse hammocks! :tongue:

Something to think about if I don't get into OT before I'm 30 :tongue:

Mouse hammocks! That sounds amazing. I can't sew to save my life. My sister got all the fabric/knitting/crocheting genes. I draw, paint and do papercrafts. Badly. But it's relaxing :smile:

I keep meaning to ask, are you still doing pole dancing?

Spoiler

Original post by kiss_me_now9
Something to think about if I don't get into OT before I'm 30 :tongue:

Mouse hammocks! That sounds amazing. I can't sew to save my life. My sister got all the fabric/knitting/crocheting genes. I draw, paint and do papercrafts. Badly. But it's relaxing :smile:

I keep meaning to ask, are you still doing pole dancing?

Hehe, I'm sure you'll get in! Do you still want more comments on your PS, or now you've done that application is that you set for the now?

I do a bit of origami, but I can't draw for ****. :tongue: My sister got all the drawing genes, and it was me with the fabricky ones. :tongue:

Nah, I did keep it up for a while and I enjoyed it, but I stopped then came back to it and I just kind of lacked the necessary effort. :tongue: I signed up for a set of classes and didn't end up showing up to half of them. I did it enough to get back an ok level of fitness, which was one of my original goals (as well as just having fun), so I'm happy with that. :smile:

How about you, you've been properly into it for quite a while now, right?

Latest