The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

K
Original post by khutchinson06
guys they are still making decisions so dont worry and theyl let you know about the waiting list by letter in the post

hi do u know if I can accept my UU offers and still be on waiting list?
Best of luck to everyone who got into the course and if you got rejected like me, don't be disheartened, keep the faith and apply next year! :smile:
I got an offer for 3 year at Queens. I have to pass my maths GCSE first. I am very excited tho.

My partner got declined he had applied for 2 and 3 year, so it's a bitter sweet day.

Well done everyone!

Tammy x
Reply 1283
Original post by Lilyshea
K

hi do u know if I can accept my UU offers and still be on waiting list?

Heyyy , Im not sure, but I have a feeling to get on the waiting list you have to reject all offers....Thats the way it was for me a few years ago, but I would ring up and check!
ah its such a gamble tho I don't mind going to UU Belfast Met as my firm offer, except that the 3rd year in Derry is SO hard to do with Kids
Reply 1285
Original post by Fran10
Best of luck to everyone who got into the course and if you got rejected like me, don't be disheartened, keep the faith and apply next year! :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that fran, but defo apply again, and im certain you will get in! theyd be so lucky to get you!
Reply 1286
Original post by Lilyshea
ah its such a gamble tho I don't mind going to UU Belfast Met as my firm offer, except that the 3rd year in Derry is SO hard to do with Kids

If you find out what place you are on the waiting list it may help before you make your decision...

The 3 year UU course, my friend is in final year, the first year isnt tough at all and the second year is half and half,...yes she didn't like the derry final year, but she said they do take it into account people can't make it up all the time early mornings etc! and it is doable,
Great thank you. It is so annoying to have waited this long and still wait for list.

I might just end up accepting the UU Belfast met, and settle myself.

Do you know how many days it is roughly?
Reply 1288
I know:/ But UU my friend says the teachers are all so so helpful and really take into consideration your personal life, family demands etc!

I don't know off the top of my head but I will find out for you! Do you want info for just first year or the final year?
AH, you're so good. are you going to UU?

I suppose I just need to get my head around all the details for childminders etc. Its gonna be a busy summer.
Reply 1290
messaged my friend there and she said its roughly 3 days in derry fro 12 weeks then you are mainly in placement on final year after that and in first year it was roughly 4/5 days starting 10-4 or 5 in first year so it kind of gives you a rough idea.

But i would ring UU and get them to confirm exactly!
Reply 1291
I think I'm going to accept the 2 year Queens route, and get it out of the way!
great thanks!
Reply 1293
No Prob! Hope it all works out for you!!
Put in for grad route at queens and got rejected.... interview was in February so after waiting this long its devastating! But congrats to all thoses who got places :smile:
Got an offer offer for Queen's 3 years, delighted. Congrats to all who got what they wanted and don't be disheartened if you didn't, it will come.

I'm still over on the mainland so can't attended the evening on May 13th, would anybody be able to let me know what goes on at it?!
Does anyone know how many days a wk and times ud b in Queens?
fran im so sorry absolutely apply next year you will get it and you deserve it xxx
Reply 1298
Original post by leahrb
Put in for grad route at queens and got rejected.... interview was in February so after waiting this long its devastating! But congrats to all thoses who got places :smile:

Sorry leahrb, you should defo applyy again! you got so far and it shows how good you would be:smile:
Original post by RangerDanger
Got an offer offer for Queen's 3 years, delighted. Congrats to all who got what they wanted and don't be disheartened if you didn't, it will come.

I'm still over on the mainland so can't attended the evening on May 13th, would anybody be able to let me know what goes on at it?!

yeah of course ranger danger il let you know x

Quick Reply