The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vincrows
Just for a small :biggrin: .......

This is what happens someone who doesn't know how to draw a graph draws a graph.....

(source: http://mashable.com/2015/05/05/uk-general-election-voter-guide/)

I think they do know how to draw a graph and are deliberately doing the lies, damned lies, and statistics thing.
Original post by jneill
I think they do know how to draw a graph and are deliberately doing the lies, damned lies, and statistics thing.

Yea that's obvious but still......:wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Less than 148 hrs til C1.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Less than 148 hrs til C1.

Got 148 hrs till M3..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Got 148 hrs till M3..

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice easy start to the exam season for you then :wink:
Got 148 hrs till M3..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh,**** I feel for you.Is the C1 exams going to be as hard as they are in the Solomon and delphi papers?
Original post by BBeyond
nice easy start to the exam season for you then :wink:

That stuff is easy bow that i do step luckily. And it is a lone exam in the middle of may so it isnt so bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh,**** I feel for you.Is the C1 exams going to be as hard as they are in the Solomon and delphi papers?

Doubt it. If you do all the past papers and solomons you should get 90+. Your with edexcel I am guessing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That stuff is easy bow that i do step luckily. And it is a lone exam in the middle of may so it isnt so bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

fair play aha, how much harder is m3 relative to m2? think i'm doing it next year :tongue:
Doubt it. If you do all the past papers and solomons you should get 90+. Your with edexcel I am guessing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
No OCR.Is OCR harder or easier? I've never done the edexcel papers.
Original post by BBeyond
fair play aha, how much harder is m3 relative to m2? think i'm doing it next year :tongue:

Depends on how you take mechanics tbh. I found M2 pretty easy last year but M3 is harder on relative terms just takes abit of getting used to! I am guessing your doing M2 this year. For some people mechanics is really hard and for some people it is quite easy. M1-2 were just resolving etc but in M3-4 'real mechanics' comes in with stuff such as SHM and differential equations etc. id say M3 is abit harder then M2 but M4 and M5 are much much harder then all of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
No OCR.Is OCR harder or easier? I've never done the edexcel papers.

OCR is harder then edexcel without a doubt. Edexcel past papers are easy except for sets of 2013-2014 where stuff has leapt in difficulty(exception of some exams) to match other boards. I honestly think this years exams will be the hardest so far especially for edexcel maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OCR is harder then edexcel without a doubt. Edexcel past papers are easy except for sets of 2013-2014 where stuff has leapt in difficulty(exception of some exams) to match other boards. I honestly think this years exams will be the hardest so far especially for edexcel maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm makes sense.I looked at edexcel book once and it seemed so simple compared to ocr.Not to mention Our OCR books are done by Cambridge advanced mathematics!
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm makes sense.I looked at edexcel book once and it seemed so simple compared to ocr.Not to mention Our OCR books are done by Cambridge advanced mathematics!

Yeh, OCR also supply the STEP exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh, OCR also supply the STEP exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel under added pressure because Cambridge will be interested in my maths and chem grades because I did their exam board.If I do really well in those subjects,I can prove I'm suitable as a Cambridge student.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel under added pressure because Cambridge will be interested in my maths and chem grades because I did their exam board.If I do really well in those subjects,I can prove I'm suitable as a Cambridge student.

They don't distinguish between exam boards at all. Just scores as UMS balances out scores between all boards. I asked the admissions tutor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on how you take mechanics tbh. I found M2 pretty easy last year but M3 is harder on relative terms just takes abit of getting used to! I am guessing your doing M2 this year. For some people mechanics is really hard and for some people it is quite easy. M1-2 were just resolving etc but in M3-4 'real mechanics' comes in with stuff such as SHM and differential equations etc. id say M3 is abit harder then M2 but M4 and M5 are much much harder then all of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

cheers bro hopefully i'll be alright with it then, especially if I do STEP :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just wondering; why do you think this will be the case? :tongue:

I also have a suspicions that exams gets harder every year but for some reason, I don't think there will ever be any genuine "Solomon type" questions in the real exams for Edexcel because after all, they'd get complaints and people would be questioning whether they're able to offer questions that can be accessed "fairly" by all.
They don't distinguish between exam boards at all. Just scores as UMS balances out scores between all boards. I asked the admissions tutor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok,that's a relief.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel seems easier yeh but OCR fluctuate a lot in terms of how difficult their papers are. Last year's FP1 under OCR was honestly soul-destroying but it's C1 was hilariously easy apparently. It showed in the grade boundaries too, 65 for an A in C1 but 54 in FP1... Just judging by past papers, I'd reckon the C1 will be harder than normal, C2 about average, C3 easier, FP1 easier and M1 easier and S1 hard but it could easily be the opposite :tongue: