The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Has anyway heard ANYTHING from bevan Brittan? Submitted my application in January and heard nothing. Also still waiting on hill Dickinson and weightmans
Has anyone heard anything from Barclays or Fox Williams??
Reply 5302
Original post by bellaghost

Fox Williams said they'd let people know beginning of May so hopefully this week or the next.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Omiclops
anyone still waiting on mishcon? haha this is ridiculous it's may

Still nothing... I'm praying for a response this week, it's been such a long time now!

Nothing from Barclays, assuming it's a silent PFO.

I don't know anyone who has heard from Barclays so I'm hoping that they are late with responding..
Original post by Chianti1
Nothing from Barclays, assuming it's a silent PFO.

PFO?
Original post by Iloveowls123
PFO?

Pfo - please F off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applied for Shearman and Sterling's Open Day next month? :smile:
Original post by adriennbrigden
It is 8th May. They told me when they rang me. If I do get through to it I will be having a brilliant birthday haha.

Did you get an AC invite?
Original post by tehforum
Did you get an AC invite?

My interview is at 5, so fingers crossed! Have you had one?
Original post by almvp
whilst i appreciate your eye for detail I think its rather petty that you are checking grammar on an informal forum- surely you could be doing better things with your time

u wot m8

Don't worry, the post between yours and mine here was from the person commenting on your grammar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tehforum
Nope, we're law students wanting to be solicitors. Attention to detail is crucial, even on an informal forum.

u wot m8

Shut up you said/typed this^^^ so you're in no room to talk about grammar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aaaaand because I think my post might have been caught up in a bit of a spat, has anyone else applied for an open day at Shearman and Sterling in June? Or has anyone ever been to their offices/one of their events? :smile:
Original post by worthwools
Still nothing yet. Best of luck with your application!

Still nothing!
Original post by camaieu
Aaaaand because I think my post might have been caught up in a bit of a spat, has anyone else applied for an open day at Shearman and Sterling in June? Or has anyone ever been to their offices/one of their events? :smile:

Yeah I have, but haven't heard anything from them yet.
Original post by TC39
The process is over! Close of play:

RPC: offer, accepted.

Shearman & Sterling: offer, accepted.

Dentons: offer, accepted.

HFW: AC, rejected.

Reed Smith: application, SJ test, rejected.

CMS: application, WG test, rejected.

Thank god that's over! Good luck to everyone still waiting on replies!

Congratulations!

Would you mind giving me some advice on the first round interview with Dentons? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Has anyone had to a numerical reasoning test for a law firm? I have done the SHL practice test and it was insanely hard, mainly because of the time allocated to do the questions! How did the practice test and the real thing compare in terms of difficulty? Thanks
Original post by robstaza1
Still nothing!

According to the @HD_Trainees twitter page they have just sent out offers for HD apprenticeships. Hopefully that means it's our turn next.
Original post by worthwools
According to the @HD_Trainees twitter page they have just sent out offers for HD apprenticeships. Hopefully that means it's our turn next.

Maybe... maybe not. It's so slow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending