The Student Room Group

IGCSE Physics Paper 6 question.

I just has a query about the last question on the Paper 6 IGCSE Physics paper as I am unsure where to find the value of T = 2.0 on the graph . Did you have to intercept the Y axis at 2? Or am I wrong.

Scroll to see replies

i got something like 0.49 as my answer though some of my friends said that the graph was t (squared) and ended up with 1.0 or something...
Reply 2
At 4 because it was T squared plotted against l - but dont worry i was confused as well!!
Original post by Perol
At 4 because it was T squared plotted against l - but dont worry i was confused as well!!

I assume you will get 2/3 marks for showing working seeing as most mark schemes tend to give more credit for working than actual answer
Reply 4
Original post by Interdasting333
I assume you will get 2/3 marks for showing working seeing as most mark schemes tend to give more credit for working than actual answer

Yes i realised in the last minute and my working line was wavy i put 0.9 but i believe the answer was 0.99 so i should get 2/3 - do you know approximate grade boundaries for an a in this paper (the highest grade u can get per paper) ?
Original post by Interdasting333
I just has a query about the last question on the Paper 6 IGCSE Physics paper as I am unsure where to find the value of T = 2.0 on the graph . Did you have to intercept the Y axis at 2? Or am I wrong.

Ur wrong... Its Tsquared... Its at 4 and its 0.95-099
So i got the voltage wrong for some reason... It asked you to then find the resistance, then to find the ratio... As my voltage was wrong so was my resistance and ratio but would i get carry on marks as i showed the correct working
Reply 7
Original post by RiccardoRocco
So i got the voltage wrong for some reason... It asked you to then find the resistance, then to find the ratio... As my voltage was wrong so was my resistance and ratio but would i get carry on marks as i showed the correct working

Were u meant to give that answer as a retio - and you would have got error carried forewards marks
Original post by Perol
Were u meant to give that answer as a retio - and you would have got error carried forewards marks

what was the question again
Reply 9
Original post by dwinnbrown
what was the question again

something like give a ratio of ps/pt (different letters)
Original post by Perol
something like give a ratio of ps/pt (different letters)

oh i think i divided ps by pt.

Doesn't look like it went that great after all.... :frown:
that said it's still all to play for. atp has the lowest weighting and while its the easiest theres nothing to say the others will be impossible...
Guys for the question on the first page... i just found out that x=1.4 and y=2.6. I did it 1.9 and 2.1 cm. And so i used these values for the rest of the question. I could have sworn i measured them correctly. Anyway please tell me that i can get any error carried forward marks for that question. it was worth around 7 marks.
Original post by Perol

So
as i showed the correct workings do i not lose the 2 final marks out lf 3?
Reply 14
So
as i showed the correct workings do i not lose the 2 final marks out lf 3?

ecf most likely
Reply 15
Original post by Perol
ecf most likely

any way no point thinking about it now - just work really hard for mc and ext theory
Original post by Perol
ecf most likely

So i only lose the first mark
Reply 17
So i only lose the first mark

for the wrong measurements you lose a mark each (however there is a range of measurements that they except)
So how many marks do i lose for incorrect measurements for x and y. I did the rest of the question correctly but with the incorrect measurements. The whole question was worth 7 marks?
Original post by johnbennett
So how many marks do i lose for incorrect measurements for x and y. I did the rest of the question correctly but with the incorrect measurements. The whole question was worth 7 marks?

Ye i got the voltage wrong of the reading so my ration and resistance was wrong but we probs get a carry onerror if you showed your correct working and so you dont lose as many marks

Quick Reply

Latest