The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A G485 - Frontiers of Physics - 18th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Hi
I uploaded them on some chemistry thread i think. I will send you the link in few moments

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, i managed to find the c1,c2,c3 and c4 papers you posted, do you by any chance have m1 and s1 too?
Original post by AlexParmenter
thanks, i managed to find the c1,c2,c3 and c4 papers you posted, do you by any chance have m1 and s1 too?

Ok, let me find the actual link i downladed from
Original post by AlexParmenter

I've just checked the link and unfortunately the applied units are unavailable. I'm sure they will be available before the actual exams.

http://vle.woodhouse.ac.uk/topicdocs/maths/home.htm
Original post by nmjasdk
does anyone happen to have 2014 papers for maths aswell.

btw thanks for posting these papers, one less thing to stress about.

i was looking for MEI maths papers that i found the non-MEI ones. would you send me a link of the thread related to these papers so that i will upload them on that thread?
I've just checked the link and unfortunately the applied units are unavailable. I'm sure they will be available before the actual exams.

http://vle.woodhouse.ac.uk/topicdocs/maths/home.htm

Thanks for checking for me anyway, I'll have to keep pestering my teacher until he emails them to me haha
i was looking for MEI maths papers that i found the non-MEI ones. would you send me a link of the thread related to these papers so that i will upload them on that thread?

thanks but it has to be aqa ones not ocr.
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
first exam tutors or something

nope its called ebrahim college
Original post by nmjasdk
thanks but it has to be aqa ones not ocr.

I'd even had the papers at the time if you mentioned they were AQA Ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
can they ask you anything outside of what listed in the specification? The book has a lot of filler. If I know each point in the specification thoroughly will that be enough?

Are you saying that you have the link to OCR (non mei) 2014 papers??
Original post by giantbecky
Are you saying that you have the link to OCR (non mei) 2014 papers??

No, I have the files

Posted from TSR Mobile
a question about the formula E=MC^2, if anyone can help?

I understand you use it for nuclear fission/fusion where theres a change in mass.. but can you also use it to find the energy of an electron for example?
Original post by Username13
a question about the formula E=MC^2, if anyone can help?

I understand you use it for nuclear fission/fusion where theres a change in mass.. but can you also use it to find the energy of an electron for example?

You can use this equation when there is a change in mass to work out the energy equivalent of that mass change or you can use it where there is a change is energy to work out the mass equivalent of that energy change. So in the case of electrons you can either use this equation to work out the mass increased to the rest mass of the electrons ( if only electrons have velocity so the kinetic energy contributes to that increased mass), or you simply use it to work out the energy content of the electrons, that is the energy equivalent of the rest mass of the electrons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can use this equation when there is a change in mass to work out the energy equivalent of that mass change or you can use it where there is a change is energy to work out the mass equivalent of that energy change. So in the case of electrons you can either use this equation to work out the mass increased to the rest mass of the electrons ( if only electrons have velocity so the kinetic energy contributes to that increased mass), or you simply use it to work out the energy content of the electrons, that is the energy equivalent of the rest mass of the electrons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks
does anyone have any notes on medical physics that actually agrees with the mark scheme? I find the book is really bad on this... Thanks
Original post by gothmog827
does anyone have any notes on medical physics that actually agrees with the mark scheme? I find the book is really bad on this... Thanks
Copy and paste the mark scheme.
I've got two things to ask, sadly one is a repost since this part of the forum seems quite dead.

1) "One of the points on the spec for G485 is this:
"explain the use of deflection of charged particles in the magnetic and electric fields of a mass spectrometer"
And I've been wondering, have they ever actually asked this? I can't find it on any of the current papers but I'm unsure as to the legacy, does anyone know what they can ask or what sort of answers they expect? I've heard that a very similar thing appears somewhere in OCR A2 Chemistry but I don't know if that would transfer to Physics."

2) Can someone explain the apparent discrepancy in the mark schemes here (sorry about the weird quality of this, I had to squeeze it all onto something I could print because I asked a guy about everything on here a couple of months ago)? One of them talks about photons releasing electrons while all the other make no mention of electrons, annoyingly I'd also argue that photons causing electrons implies the photoelectric effect which another of the papers has explicitly mentioned as being wrong.
Original post by BecauseFP

1) If you have the official A2 guide, I would just remember everything about mass spectrometry the book offers. Alternatively, this may be useful.

2) I have come across the same issues as you. I know the exact question you are talking about, it is about a students suggestion. I think I have the reason my teacher gave me as to why in my notes. I will try and find it for you.
Original post by randlemcmurphy
1) If you have the official A2 guide, I would just remember everything about mass spectrometry the book offers. Alternatively, this may be useful.

2) I have come across the same issues as you. I know the exact question you are talking about, it is about a students suggestion. I think I have the reason my teacher gave me as to why in my notes. I will try and find it for you.

Thanks man, can I ask where you got that pdf file from? I've been meaning to find them since the note there are usually very useful.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it, where do they put the answers to the questions that aren't in the question packs?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BecauseFP
Thanks man, can I ask where you got that pdf file from? I've been meaning to find them since the note there are usually very useful.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it, where do they put the answers to the questions that aren't in the question packs?

I don't think they give the answers...

Quick Reply

Latest