The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL unit 3 Biology 6th May,2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theanxioustrex
Hi there. Sorry to hijack your thread. I just started IAL biology via distance learning and I'm wondering which text book are you guys using? Thanks!

Hi! :smile: That depends on what approach you are going to use, there are 2 - the context led approach and the concept led approach

the context led approach uses the orange book from SNAB (salters and nuffield)

the concept led approach (which im doing) uses a green book
Hello. I want to ask about plotting standard deviation. If the standard deviation given for point A is 0.4 , it means to plot the range x (+-) 0.2 or x(+-)0.4?? Thank you so much^^!!
Original post by zaneta825
Hello. I want to ask about plotting standard deviation. If the standard deviation given for point A is 0.4 , it means to plot the range x (+-) 0.2 or x(+-)0.4?? Thank you so much^^!!

It means plot the range at +- 0.4. Never devide the standard deviation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zaneta825

+-0.4
Original post by ryphilli1997
I got $3,000,000,000 but im 100% that it was wrong :frown:

I got 180 mill... Pretty sure that's the right one as compared to rest of my friends. Not tryna rub it in btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonymous2015
I got 180 mill... Pretty sure that's the right one as compared to rest of my friends. Not tryna rub it in btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

he/she said theyre 100% wrong so they obv know theyre wrong.................................... got it wrong too :frown:
guys what did you say about the measuring plant growth question? besides counting...
i talked about weighing it before and after
Original post by sara_ara98
he/she said theyre 100% wrong so they obv know theyre wrong.................................... got it wrong too :frown:

No worries! As long as you did well for the others ! I changed my first graph legitly 4 times back and forth between bar and line but ended up with bar 😓 all my friends said line tho 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
No worries! As long as you did well for the others ! I changed my first graph legitly 4 times back and forth between bar and line but ended up with bar 😓 all my friends said line tho 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

yea i think it was line cuz they asked for a graph to display a trend
No worries! As long as you did well for the others ! I changed my first graph legitly 4 times back and forth between bar and line but ended up with bar ������ all my friends said line tho ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

it works for both dont worry! it can be bar or line
Original post by ATfitness

i wrote something absolutely stupid, i talked about oxygen released volume
Original post by sara_ara98
i wrote something absolutely stupid, i talked about oxygen released volume

lol though when i come to think of it
that actually kinda makes sense
but examiners can be cruel :frown:
i walked out of my jan unit 1 contemplating on how high of an A did i get
i got a C...
lol though when i come to think of it
that actually kinda makes sense
but examiners can be cruel :frown:
i walked out of my jan unit 1 contemplating on how high of an A did i get
i got a C...

but sometimes logic gets you a low mark :frown:
Why was counting not the right method??
how would you keep mineral concentration constant? By adding same mass off the mineral to each petri dish??

i said that as well. At first i thought about measuring the volume of oxygen being released but then I thought, logically, it would make more sense to measure the mass...
Hey for that question on why counting the plants was inaccurate what did everyone write?

I put down that some plants were not visible as they were covered by the solution....would this still be right?
Original post by ~xSarahx~
Hey for that question on why counting the plants was inaccurate what did everyone write?

I put down that some plants were not visible as they were covered by the solution....would this still be right?

i wrote that too
Original post by ~xSarahx~

i wrote that too because they told us to refer to the diagram

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending