The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tehFrance
Not on purpose, I can't leave work to pray, there's quite literally no time to do so, what I'm try to establish is where I stand on that front as it's not due to me that I cannot pray but forces outside of my control, surely there is understanding?

Peace be with you,

This is the view of the shia-school of thought. While it is permissible and even encouraged to perform them separately, the Quran and the hadiths in our position give us three distinct times for salah. You can if there is hardship combine the prayers, and this is also the practice of Muhammed pbuh who was seen combining even when there was no rain, war, fear etc, to make it easier upon his ummah.

I highly recommend reading this if you are short on time: http://www.al-islam.org/nutshell/files/combine.pdf

And watching this if you have spare time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7jvrKvfpYA
Al Kafi Volume one:

89–6, ‘Ali ibn Ibrãhīm (–) his father (–) Ibn Abi ‘Umayr (–) ‘Abdullãh ibn Sinãn (–) Abu ‘Abdillãh (p.b.u.h.) as saying:

"The Messenger of Allãh (p.b.u.h.a.h.p.) has said, 'Says Allãh the Almighty, "Learned discourses among My creatures is an instrument to bring the dead hearts back to life provided that they intend to (learn) My commands."
Hasan - Graded by Alama Majlisi

Kitab Al Kafi Volume 2 - Keeping ties with near relatives

1977–2. Muḥammad ibn Yaḥyã (–) Aḥmad ibn Muḥammad ibn ‘Īsã (–) ‘Alī ibn an-Nu‘mãn that Isḥãq ibn ‘Ammãr said:

"He said: 'Abū ‘Abdillãh (‘a.s) told me that a man came to the Prophet (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) and said: "O Messenger of Allãh! My family has decided to assail me, sever their ties with me, and curse me. Am I permitted toseparate from them?" He [ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.] said: "If you do that, then Allãh will separate from all of you." He said: "So, what should I do?" He [ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.-w.s.] said: "Join he who leaves you; grant he who withholds
from you and forgive he who oppresses
Muwathaq(reliable)
(edited 8 years ago)
How can we understand the anger of Allah swt?

When reflecting on what we are as creatures, contingent, created, susceptible of going from one mood to another, being sorrowful and angry, we then reflect on something bigger than us - Allah swt. We must know we should never reflect on what Allah swt is, in terms of his essence, but we must rule out what he is not.

Anger is a change of state in ones emotion - at one moment they are angry, another moment they are not. They actually 'feel' that emotion, it passes them, it changes their state.

Our creator is free from such a state, and is above that.

Such a term is not befitting Allah swt.

A hadith:

"Abu Qurra said: So do you belie the narration that has come [that says], “When Allah becomes angry, His anger becomes known to the angels that hold the throne. They feel the weight of His anger on their shoulders, so they fall down in prostration. And when the anger goes, it (i.e. the throne) lightens and they return to their places”?

So Abu’l Hasan عليه السلام said: Inform me about Allah تبارك وتعالى: from when He cursed Iblees till your time, He has been angry with him. So when was He pleased [during that time]?
And in your dogma, His anger with him and with his supporters and with his followers is persistent. How dare you describe your Lord with changes from state to state, and [say] that He experiences what the creatures experience?! May He be glorified and exalted. He does not perish with those who perish, nor does He change with those who change, nor does He replace with those who are replaced and those who are under His hand and His management. All of them require Him, and He is independent from others. (al-Kafi, Volume 1 hadith 332)(Sahih) "

(edited 8 years ago)
Another hadith on this issue:

Muhammad b. Yahya from Muhammad b. al-Husayn from Muhammad b. Isma`il b. Bazee` from his uncle Hamza b. Bazee` from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام.

[I asked] regarding the saying of Allah عز وجل, “When they invoked Our anger, We took revenge on them” (43:55). So he said: Allah عز وجل does not become frustrated like our frustration, rather, He created the awliya’ for Himself, who then become frustrated and satisfied. They are created and they have a Lord. So He made their satisfaction His satisfaction and their anger His anger, because He has made them the callers to Him and the guides to Him. For that they became this way, and it (i.e. anger) does not reach [Him the way it reaches] His creatures. Rather, this meaning is what has been said about it. And He says, “Whoever humiliates My wali has declared war against Me and has called Me to it”. And He says, “Whoever obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah” (4:80). And He says, “Those who have pledged allegiance to you have pledged allegiance to Allah”. “The hand of Allah is above their hands” (48:10). All of this and that which is similar apply to what has been mentioned to you.

And this is satisfaction, anger, and other than that from the things that take this form. Had it been possible for despair and weariness to reach Allah even though He is the one who has created the two and implemented them a person may say, “Allah may vanish one day, because if anger and weariness entered Him, then change would have entered Him; hence He would not remain safe from perish. Thus, there would be no distinction between His component and another’s, nor between the Able and those subject to His ability, nor between the Creator and the creation”. Allah is exalted above this saying with a great highness. Yea, He is the Creator of all things, not because He needed them, for since it is not needed, it is impossible to limit and condition Him. So understand this, by Allah’s تعالى will. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 354)

(hasan) (حسن)
Original post by Tawheed
Peace be with you,

This is the view of the shia-school of thought. While it is permissible and even encouraged to perform them separately, the Quran and the hadiths in our position give us three distinct times for salah. You can if there is hardship combine the prayers, and this is also the practice of Muhammed pbuh who was seen combining even when there was no rain, war, fear etc, to make it easier upon his ummah.

I highly recommend reading this if you are short on time: http://www.al-islam.org/nutshell/files/combine.pdf

And watching this if you have spare time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7jvrKvfpYA

And may peace be with you :h:

This was the answer I'm looking for, I'm not missing on purpose but more to do with work restrictions, knowing I can combine prayers is good so thank you :smile:

This was the answer I'm looking for, I'm not missing on purpose but more to do with work restrictions, knowing I can combine prayers is good so thank you :smile:

Assalaamu 'alaikum brother and welcome to islam :yes:

I hope you stay with us and i hope you succeed :yes:

it isnt allowed to miss your prayers for something like work. You should find employers who let you have like 5-10 minute breaks for your prayers :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
Sister Rice above ^

Oh haha, makes sense.

You're welcome brother :smile:

Remember, while prayers is obligatory , you are allowed to combine them - combining them is not akin to missing.
Work, I can do the morning and evening prayers but the other 2 during working hours, it's impossible.

Not one, it's a strange place and one I hope to get out of soon but until then, I'm stuck.

Hey man, sorry for the late reply. Ibn fulaan and co have basically told you about the combined prayer thing so there's not much I can say.

May Allah make it easier for you to pray at work. Good job on keeping the others, I find fajr can especially be tricky at times ( like when I sleep through all my alarms) :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ankabout
Oh haha, makes sense.

:top:
Original post by HAnwar
Lol I know what you mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by cuppacoffee
Salam everyone!
Hey is this the Islamic society for University of Cumbria?
If so are there any sisters here who are applying for accommodation for September in the Lancaster campus?
I would like to stick to an all Muslim dorm if possible (all female also :biggrin:).

I am worried I will end up with non-muslims who will be all yanno :z

Wa'alaykum asalaam.

No this Islamic society is purely for the student room. We don't belong to any one university :smile:
Original post by blackmarshmallow

Ok I'm writing this again In case the post didn't go thro . dammit...
ah you like pork.. ok don't get a pet pig.. bcus then ur screwed.. but maybe psychologically... because you have reared the pig with all your care..you'll lose your appetite for piggy... we could just classically condition you to think of your pet pig by thrusting him In your face whenever you think of pork.... and then you'll lose the salivating memory of bacon stuff with stuff forever!
ok....stupidity over.... :smile:

Random :lolwut:
Original post by Ibn Fulaan

Also vote labour.

Vote Ukip

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykum asalaam.

No this Islamic society is purely for the student room. We don't belong to any one university :smile:

Random :lolwut:

Vote Ukip

Posted from TSR Mobile

Naaah m8 :hand:

All about BNP :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by life's a pain
Naaah m8 :hand:

All about BNP :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ObjectivesIP610 The Green Party supports calls for mutual recognition of the rights of independent statehood and for recognised, agreed and secure borders for Palestinians and Israelis in Palestine; a rapid end to the violence and de-escalation of the arms build-up in the region; implementation of UN resolutions 194, 242 and 338 which followed the wars of 1948, 1967 and 1973; international assistance so that the new Palestinian state can develop self-reliance in land, water, food production, basic services and industries; long-term exploration of the possibility of establishing a confederation with neighbouring states, with free and equal access for each state's citizens.
http://policy.greenparty.org.uk/ip.html

Proud supporter of the green party.
Lol we get the point. No need to spam :smile:

Btw, it's your quiz question I believe.

Um okay.

What is the title given to the second of the twelve Imams?
Original post by binarythoughts
Um okay.

What is the title given to the second of the twelve Imams?

Hasan Al Mujtaba?

My question: What does Allah swt mean when he says he guides whom he wills?
(edited 8 years ago)
Awww, so much love.
Original post by Tawheed
Hasan Al Mujtaba?

Yea
move along now, nothing to see here :ninja:
Lol man, I feel like watching an old episode now :tongue:

When procrastinating for exams i watched one or two episodes

[video="youtube;RfqNH3FoGi0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfqNH3FoGi0[/video]
Original post by Ankabout
Awww, so much love.

Where, what? :/

Original post by Tawheed
X

Excuse how random this is but are you male or female?...
Original post by Biryani007
Where, what? :/

I was referring to the troll. It was sarcasm btw. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending