The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manlike45
Who cares what some sweaty Egyptian **** thinks about Arsenal, geezer should be selling magic carpets in Cairo to help fix that ****ty economy they have.

Who's ****ing dupe is this
Arsenal 2004 have been voted the 3rd best team of the last 20 years

Gotta luv Arsenal fans
Original post by difeo

Gotta luv Arsenal fans

of all? or just from england?
Original post by fallen_acorns
of all? or just from england?

Europe (so basically all)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/32442177
(edited 8 years ago)

lol.. pretty terrbiel, but then arsenal fans do always come out in force for an online poll :tongue:

Even just with the PL teams, it would be a hard call to put them third. Uniteds treble team would top it for me, but then its much closer between: invincables, chelsea 04-05, and the united side that won it 3 times in a row around 2006-9
I nominate myself to make the next arseanal thread after my brilliant Manseventher United thread was ruined.
Original post by difeo

Gotta luv Arsenal fans

Lol, they're not even the third best in the country.

They were a good side but incredibly overrated.
lol.. pretty terrbiel, but then arsenal fans do always come out in force for an online poll :tongue:

Even just with the PL teams, it would be a hard call to put them third. Uniteds treble team would top it for me, but then its much closer between: invincables, chelsea 04-05, and the united side that won it 3 times in a row around 2006-9

They don't even have the team with the PL points record (Chelsea 04-05) as an option, nor the Chelsea 09-10 team who were anarguably better to watch from a neutrals point of view. Basically never trust a BBC online poll as its where the fanboys come out, the fact twice as many peoole have voted for the Invincibles of 2004 (who actually lost 7 games that season and were knocked out of the CL quarter finals) as the Bayern side of 12-13 who lost 3 in all competitions and only drew 4 games (while winning the Quadruple) says all you need to know of the footballing intelligence of the people voting.
Original post by The Shed End
They don't even have the team with the PL points record (Chelsea 04-05) as an option, nor the Chelsea 09-10 team who were anarguably better to watch from a neutrals point of view. Basically never trust a BBC online poll as its where the fanboys come out, the fact twice as many peoole have voted for the Invincibles of 2004 (who actually lost 7 games that season and were knocked out of the CL quarter finals) as the Bayern side of 12-13 who lost 3 in all competitions and only drew 4 games (while winning the Quadruple) says all you need to know of the footballing intelligence of the people voting.

I am quite suprised they dont have the liverpool 04-05 team on there.. not because they deserve to be, but just because its the BBC and scourers would would rally round in their thousands to vote for their precious CL winners
Original post by TornadoGR4
I nominate myself to make the next arseanal thread after my brilliant Manseventher United thread was ruined.

Manseventher is actually the worst banter I've ever heard.

Yeah having this year's Chelsea over 05 is pretty stupid. I don't remember 09-10 Chelsea being particularly good though? Only narrowly finished above a United team that had an injury hit defence and had just lost Ronaldo and Tevez.
Original post by IceyFish
Manseventher is actually the worst banter I've ever heard.

That post is worthy of winning the Bellen D'Or

(I'm just stealing these from 442oons, but it was mega lols seeing Utd finish 7th and even the 3 defeats in a row have rustled jimmies again)

Arsenal Invincibles the best PL season ever.
Original post by TornadoGR4
That post is worthy of winning the Bellen D'Or

(I'm just stealing these from 442oons, but it was mega lols seeing Utd finish 7th and even the 3 defeats in a row have rustled jimmies again)

Someone made it on here last year, made my brain hurt tbh. We are ****e at the moment yes but I've always known that, sucks we have a deluded fanbase though (nowhere near as bad as Arsenal).
Original post by difeo
Yeah having this year's Chelsea over 05 is pretty stupid. I don't remember 09-10 Chelsea being particularly good though? Only narrowly finished above a United team that had an injury hit defence and had just lost Ronaldo and Tevez.

They were entertaining which is probably why they were nominated. Over 100 league goals and they won loads of matches 4-0+.
Original post by al_94
Arsenal Invincibles the best PL season ever.

Statistically not.
Statistically not.

But have they got this though?

Original post by al_94
But have they got this though?

Got either of these?

Think alot of people fail to realise just how touch and go Utd's treble was. Bergkamp missed a pen that would have sorted the Cup and we missed out on the last day of the season for the title whilst everyone knows about how flukey Bayern was. By no means did Utd sweep all before them.

Tbh the Arsenal 1999 side was just as good if not better. World class back 5 then Vieira, Bergkamp + the likes of Overmars/Anelka who soon left for Barca/Real for a combined £50m(a huge huge sum at that time actually).

That's not to take away from the achievement, just judging the quality of that side with clear eyes. Utd 2008 were Fergie's best ever and arguably the overall best imo.
(edited 8 years ago)
Got either of these?

Did this ***** really use the Europa League in his argument? Chelsea up there with the big boys of Shaktar Donetsk, Parma, Feyernoord, Zenit and the mighty Ipswich Town...

Latest